Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:50:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Oklahoma's House Bill 1804
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oklahoma's House Bill 1804  (Read 2734 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2010, 01:56:19 AM »

Oklahoma's House Bill 1804

HB1804, the Citizens and Taxpayers Protection Act, dealing with clamping down on illegal immigration was signed into law by Governor Henry on May 8th.

This legislation is a product of several years' consultation with state legislators from both parties. It is an important step for the IRLI strategy on incremental state-by-state reform. IRLI provides technical assistance to legislators based on successful measures from other jurisdictions.

HB 1804 is tough on employers violating the law and prevents illegal aliens from obtaining drivers license and benefits, while still protecting the privileges and immunities of U.S. citizens and respecting constitutional rights for all persons. HB 1804 includes a mix of criminal, fiscal and anti-fraud provisions that collectively restrict the ability of illegal aliens to unlawfully work and reside within the state.

The Statement of Legislative Intent (Section 2) declares the states compelling interest in immigration law compliance, finding that illegal immigration causes economic hardship and lawless and has been improperly encouraged by public agencies within the state.

Section 3 replicates the federal provision that makes it a felony punishable by imprisonment for not less than 1 year or a fine of $1000.00, for any person to transport, harbor, or shelter an alien in reckless disregard for their illegal immigration status. State and local prosecutors now have the tools to stop illegal aliens from "residing" in Oklahoma, or traveling instate in search of unlawful employment.

Section 4 restricts issuance of most official identification documents to U.S. citizens, legal permanent resident aliens or holders of valid unexpired visas. Illegal aliens cannot operate in-state if they lack official documentation. Use of foreign consular cards issued to illegal aliens has been prohibited.

Section 5 requires police to verify the immigration status of persons who have been arrested and detained at a local jail for felony crimes, and report all illegal aliens to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Section 7 requires all public employers to use the Basic Pilot electronic work authorization verification program. State and local public contractors are prohibited from commencing work on a taxpayer-funded contract before they register with the Basic Pilot Program.

Section 8 requires every public agency to verify the lawful presence of aliens aged 14 years or older who applies for state or local public benefits, using the online SAVE system, as authorized by the 1996 Welfare Reform Act. Standard federal exceptions for emergency health care treatment or other public health services apply. This measure builds on similar provisions developed by IRLI that have been successfully adopted by Virginia, Colorado, and Georgia.

Section 9 provides that employers shall withhold state income tax for independent contractors who failed to provide a Social Security number. Reduces the incentive to hire illegal aliens as cheap day laborers and "contractors," and helps safeguard workers compensation and other labor law protections against abuse.

Section 10 directs the Oklahoma Attorney General to negotiate a "287(g)" cooperative agreement between the State of Oklahoma and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to increase state and local police joint enforcement of federal immigration law with DHS. 287(g) agreements help insure that illegal aliens discovered by Oklahoma police officers are quickly and safely transferred into federal custody. Helps fight "catch and release" abuses that allow criminal aliens back into the neighborhoods where they were arrested.

SUMMATION OF OKLAHOMA'S HB 1804 LAW

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 01:57:16 AM »

All I can say is.................. Go Oklahoma, and pass it, so Arizona has great company!!

Though I'm a little surprised brother Tom didn't post this............

Bob

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 02:11:50 AM »

Missouri has already enacted Arizona’s new immigration law
July 1, 2010

M.K., one of our contributors, brought to our attention that surprise, surprise, Missouri  enacted long ago, over the last five years, the mirror image of Arizona’s immigration law and not a peep from the Obama administration. Isn’t that weird? Missouri has already done what Arizona  wants to, but there is absolutely no objection from Obama.

In Missouri if police want to see your ID papers to prove legal status they can.

In Missouri English is the official language.

In Missouri sanctuary cities are illegal.

In Missouri E-verify is the law of the land.

In Missouri no legal status no driver's license.

Missouri also bans in-state tuition aid for illegal aliens at state junior colleges.

So what gives here? Why the double standard?

There is one puzzling aspect to this, though; if they thought this violated the Constitution, why didn't the Administration protest when Missouri did what Arizona is now doing?

Over the last five years Missouri has systematically put in place the provisions recently enacted by Arizona. If Arizona's laws are so draconian and, as Michael Posner told the Chinese, are a detestable violation of human rights, why didn't the DOJ begin crafting a legal challenge to the Show-Me State?”

Missouri has already enacted Arizona’s new immigration law

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 01:09:11 PM »

All I can say is.................. Go Oklahoma, and pass it, so Arizona has great company!!

Though I'm a little surprised brother Tom didn't post this............

Bob

I think that we've had laws more strict than Arizona's for a long time. I knew we had additional measures in the works. As far as I know, we've already had an exodus of illegals from our state some time ago. Obama needs to learn two words, and every state needs to help him learn these two words:  STATE SOVEREIGNTY!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 02:31:13 PM »

Obama needs to learn two words, and every state needs to help him learn these two words:  STATE SOVEREIGNTY!

but that would deflate his ego and mean giving up on his agenda.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 06:07:31 PM »

YES, it would and there would be GLOBAL NOTHING. I really do think that the states are getting ready to JUST SAY NO to Obama and tell him to go fly a kite. Reid, Pelosi, Franks, Dodd, and plenty of other company can go with him. I also think there is a prison in their future.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 10:15:02 PM »

If there isn't then there is certain to be a lot more problems for this nation.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 10:20:54 PM »

Better Obama-nation's ego and agenda then our freedom!!

I really do think that the states are getting ready to JUST SAY NO to Obama and tell him to go fly a kite. Reid, Pelosi, Franks, Dodd, and plenty of other company can go with him. I also think there is a prison in their future.

They could always be sent to Guantanamo Bay. I'm sure there is more then enough room for them all there. Grin Grin

And I do think they all should be put in Guantanamo Bay, for treason.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the