Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:17:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Lord's Church is NOT an Organization
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Lord's Church is NOT an Organization  (Read 12918 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2004, 01:14:09 PM »

Right-on aw!
I wish I had said that!

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2004, 04:56:18 PM »

AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

I have a temple in my heart, and it belongs to HIM. The exterior of the temple is very simple and made of clay, but HE will change it some day to something beautiful and incorruptible. As plain and small as it is, HE will keep the temple.

Love In Christ,
Tom

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2004, 11:40:32 PM »

Ya know Tom, by faith, we have a continual presence of the Lord of Lords. We can always come boldly to the throne of grace with full assurance of fdaith as long it is by His blood and in His name.

aw
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2004, 06:01:38 AM »

Ya know Tom, by faith, we have a continual presence of the Lord of Lords. We can always come boldly to the throne of grace with full assurance of fdaith as long it is by His blood and in His name.

aw

AMEN AW!

That's one of the most beautiful and precious truths of the Gospel of God's Grace. I don't need burnt offerings, animal sacrifices, or an appointment with a high priest. I can talk to our Lord and Saviour anytime I want to, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I also have HIS Holy Spirit dwelling within me as a guide and comforter. This is only a small sample of the Glory and Majesty of God's Grace and love for HIS children.

He wants us to lay our burdens at HIS feet, and HE wishes to hear our prayers.

Anyone who ever experiences this joy and peace will never turn back.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT, our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!

Love In Christ,
Tom
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 10:54:48 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2004, 09:51:14 AM »

aw

This gets me to thinking, which is usually a dangerous thing, but I think is ok this time... Grin  I wonder if we equate just what that throne is often times.  It could be the very throne upon which God sits in Heaven, but I think not.  The passage from which this statement is drawn is highly picturesque of the Old Testament Law vs. the New Testament fulfillment thereof.  With that said, what is this throne?  I believe it to be the very Mercy Seat atop the Ark of the Covenant upon which the blood was sprinkled each year.  Why? Because before, the only one who could approach that throne was the high priest, and he only once a year upon the basis of blood.  When Christ, as the High Priest offered the final sacrifice, the veil, that separated us from God's Mercy Seat was torn from top to bottom.  Where before we feared to go, now we are free to go.  And why?  To find mercy, and grace to help in time of need.  Instead of hiding, and sacrificing for every sin in order to get mercy, we simply go and asked, washed in the blood of our Lord and Savior.

Yup.  He dunnit agin.  Went and started talkin' bout the Old Testament sacrificial system in relation to Jesus' sacrifice.  What can I say?  It's a beautiful picture!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2004, 11:54:55 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Allinall,

Brother, I've thought about that very thing many times. There is an obvious connection and comparison between the Mercy Seat and The Throne of Grace. Another obvious connection and comparison regards temporary and imperfect sacrifices for forgiveness of sin in comparison to the PERFECT AND ETERNAL SACRIFICE OF JESUS ON THE CROSS. Other obvious comparisons involve temporary cleansing and purification under the Old Covenant with the Eternal CLEANSING BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST AND PURIFICATION BY THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE NEW COVENANT. There are a host of other comparisons, and each one makes JESUS more and more PRECIOUS. I like the analogy of shadows of things to come in the Old Covenant and the PRECIOUS REALITY OF JESUS CHRIST IN THE NEW COVENANT. Some folks don't have a clue why many Christians understand the Biblical definition of the bondage of sin and death under the Law. The REALITY is further magnified in a huge way with the indwelling of the HOLY SPIRIT.

When I think about approaching the Throne of Grace in prayer, I think of it more in a precious and loving way as in talking to THE FATHER THAT I LOVE. I do think about the Mercy Seat in the Old Covenant, especially in my studies, but I think of it more as a harsh and unapproachable place associated with death sentences for violations of a single commandment in the approach or in the procedures that had to be performed to the letter. In this, I see an obvious contrast between Law and Grace. Under Law, a High Priest had to approach in perfection, and an ordinary person wouldn't dream of getting near that Holy Place under fear of immediate death. Under Grace, a plain and simple person, especially a child, can come to the throne of Grace and be welcomed by their Heavenly Father. The contrast is massive.

Some people may even have a picture imagined in their mind from various portions of the Holy Bible. For the Old Covenant, one might imagine a massive, all-consuming light that would put your eyes out and a voice that would boom to the point of being deafening. For the New Covenant, one might imagine a gentle, quiet, and loving Shepherd tending HIS flock. Again, involving a massive and stark contrast. The contrasts and comparisons go on and on, but the beautiful end result is the matchless Grace and Love of God.

As a final analogy, HIS children all know there is a side of righteous destruction, but our hope is in the promises of eternal joy and peace with our Saviour in Glory. The Scriptures speak of these promises as being so sure that the tense of the promises are already DONE. So, the quality and quantity of our hope is in direct relation to the quality and quantity of our faith.

Thanks be unto God for HIS unspeakable GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the