Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:10:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  does anyone still believe in God
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: does anyone still believe in God  (Read 2535 times)
davidhump

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2009, 10:39:47 PM »

I often wonder to myself about how anymore people and especially the younger generation, including mine  im 31, doesn't seem to believe in God, or if they do say they believe in God  it is the God that they make up not the God of the Bible.
  It seems like in earlier decades that people believed in their faith more.   I was curious to hear other peoples thoughts on whats going on with people today?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:19:22 PM »

I often wonder to myself about how anymore people and especially the younger generation, including mine  im 31, doesn't seem to believe in God, or if they do say they believe in God  it is the God that they make up not the God of the Bible.
  It seems like in earlier decades that people believed in their faith more.   I was curious to hear other peoples thoughts on whats going on with people today?

The societies of the world, including our own, are turning their backs on God and mocking Him.

I'll give thanks and say that my entire extended family are all strong, old-fashioned Christians. My extended family is somewhat unusual since most of them are in the ministry or the mission fields. All of the children in each household were brought up in the Ways of the Lord.

I think it's a proven fact that many don't take responsibility for raising their own children these days. They just don't have time, so they let babysitters and daycare centers raise their children. I think that the overall result is horrible.

God's Word tells us what will happen in the later days, and it's happening before our very eyes. Bluntly, many children are suffering from "don't care parents" or "throw some money at the kids parents".

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 01:05:55 PM »

Hi davidhump! Welcome!!

I have to agree with blackeyedpeas. As far as many (not all) of the parents I've seen, even though they say they believe, they've never even read the Bible.

People don't study the Word of God. I know someone with 5 children that says they have been saved their whole lives, but you wouldn't know them from anyone else living without God. They live like the world. When you mention Scripture they change the subject. Though they've gone to church, on and off, their whole lives they don't even know the most commonly known scriptures or Bible stories.

Many of the churches are teaching the 'prosperity' (or vanity) gospel, which is not in any way the Word of God. Everyone wants their ears tickled. 'Everything is going to get better...', they say. 'Jesus Christ won't be back during your lifetime...', they say. They want what their flesh wants, they don't want to know God's Word, and especially don't want to DO what He says.
It is a sad situation - we must keep praying for this world and the church! It is getting to be a very dark world. But we know the darker it gets, the brighter God's light shines!!!!!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:10:45 PM by Barbara » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 04:28:25 PM »

Barbara Said:

Many of the churches are teaching the 'prosperity' (or vanity) gospel, which is not in any way the Word of God. Everyone wants their ears tickled. 'Everything is going to get better...', they say. 'Jesus Christ won't be back during your lifetime...', they say. They want what their flesh wants, they don't want to know God's Word, and especially don't want to DO what He says.
It is a sad situation - we must keep praying for this world and the church! It is getting to be a very dark world. But we know the darker it gets, the brighter God's light shines!!!!!

Amen Sister Barbara!

Yes we can pray and should keep praying. Many of us believe that the time is getting short. Regardless of the amount of time we have left, what we should be doing doesn't change. Now I'm thinking about the old Sunday School Song I love so much, "This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine".

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the