Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:27:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Saving your marriage
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saving your marriage  (Read 2008 times)
setalnet

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2009, 01:43:41 AM »

Saving your marriage is as important as knowing when to let go. When things are going ruff, and it seems nothing you say or do is working for the best. This is when you take your time to focus on what went wrong why it has come to this. When kids are involve its Much harder since you also have there feelings to consider. This is when you really have to sit down take a deep breath and really think “ok I’m in this situation now what do I do, what did I or my partner did wrong” also its important to be honest with yourself and not make excuses for what you or your partner did wrong.

Was there not enough communication, was it an affair, or just you was too young to marry and now you are seeing you really don’t want this life, or is he being abusive to you? etc…. no matter the cause, this is the time you take and think ok this is where I am now, and this is where I want to be. And also say to yourself, will it be worth it to save? Is there still sparks in both hearts? If so then its worth the fight. When your partner has decided the end all, this is because this person don’t think things wont get better and just gave up to fight.

If you want to fix the marriage you must give them time and make dramatic changes in both life. don’t expect you partner to change so you can change. Just be your self like you was when you both met, like the reason they fell in love with you in the first place. Also don’t expect to much from then at the beginning let them see you really in this for a long time and will fight until there’s nothing else to fight for. There’s much more to say about this topic, in all saving your marriage is not easy but not impossible to do.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 02:14:23 AM »

Hello Setalnet,

I see this is your first post, so WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward to having fellowship with you.

"Marriage" today is something that everyone defines differently, except God.

I think it's very important for young people to be counseled together by their pastor before getting married. It appears that many don't know these days what a real marriage is. If it's a Biblical Marriage, it means vows before God and making Christ the head of the Home. This is all very serious and certainly not something to do lightly or for the wrong reasons.

Many marriages between Christians fail for the same reasons that marriages of the world fail:  Christ isn't the head of the Home. In a real Christian Marriage, the husband must love his wife enough to die for her and be yielded to Christ. The wife loves her husband because he has earned her love and respect under Christ. These are the real Marriages that don't fail, and God is well-pleased with this union when HE is given Headship over this Home. When hard or difficult times come, they will have GOD and each other, so there is no comparison with a worldly marriage.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 121:2 ASV  2  My help cometh from Jehovah, Who made heaven and earth.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 10:18:00 AM »

Welcome to the forums Setalnet.

And BEP...AMEN!

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
MATTHEW24:14

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 11:35:10 PM »

1Corinthians 7:8-11 also Hebrew 13:4
It is written and it must be known.
To those married  and to widows :
It would be well if they remain as they are, but if they
cannot exercise self-control, they should  marry.
Hebrews 13:4
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
It is better to marry  than to be on fire.
To those now married, however a wife must not
separate from her husband.
If she does separate, she must either remain single.
Or become reconciled to him again.
Similarly, husband must not divorce  his wife.
Matthew 5:32
 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery. 
Matthew 19:6   Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
Galatians 1:8  But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!
Matthew 5:19  Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Isaiah 55:11  so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
1 Thessalonians 4:8  Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the