Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:50:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286796 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  several instances in my life..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: several instances in my life..  (Read 2654 times)
gegorianhymn

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »

Well, its hard for me to type it out as a coherant story ( detail by detail ) so I'll have to just focus on the 4 events in my life that let me know I'm saved.

1. Birth... I was born with 1 failed kidney and 1 barely functioning one. Add to that I had 5 holes in my heart that had to be surgically repaired when I was an infant ( thankfully I can't remember any of that )

2. Kidney Transplant at age 7......... I don't think I need to elaborate, it should be easy to see how that is a saving moment. ( I'm currently 26 so I've been funtioning with one kidney for 19 years.. if that isn't a miracle I dont' know what it can be! )
3.  Another close call. When I was younger I had a bad biopsy of my kidney and probably could have died from massive blood loss.
4.  THe most resent. I was in the hospital with Colitis last year for a week.  After only four days the doctors were afraid it was going to kill me.  It would have been slow and very painful. However, My family and I prayed for God's deliverance, and he saved me from what could have been a horrible death.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 07:57:49 PM »

Hello Adam,

Thanks for sharing your testimony. Just think - if we do physically die, it's "absent from the body and present with the LORD." We are still here, so GOD has a purpose for us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 1:1-11 ASV  1  Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints that are in the whole of Achaia:  2  Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.  3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort;  4  who comforteth us in all our affliction, that we may be able to comfort them that are in any affliction, through the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.  5  For as the sufferings of Christ abound unto us, even so our comfort also aboundeth through Christ.  6  But whether we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or whether we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which worketh in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer:  7  and our hope for you is stedfast; knowing that, as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so also are ye of the comfort.  8  For we would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning our affliction which befell us in Asia, that we were weighed down exceedingly, beyond our power, insomuch that we despaired even of life:  9  yea, we ourselves have had the sentence of death within ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raiseth the dead:  10  who delivered us out of so great a death, and will deliver: on whom we have set our hope that he will also still deliver us;  11  ye also helping together on our behalf by your supplication; that, for the gift bestowed upon us by means of many, thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf.

Romans 8:16-28 ASV   16  The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God:  17  and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified with him.  18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed to us-ward.  19  For the earnest expectation of the creation waiteth for the revealing of the sons of God.  20  For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but by reason of him who subjected it, in hope  21  that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the liberty of the glory of the children of God.  22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.  23  And not only so, but ourselves also, who have the first-fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for our adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.  24  For in hope were we saved: but hope that is seen is not hope: for who hopeth for that which he seeth?  25  But if we hope for that which we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.  26  And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered;  27  and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.  28  And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, even to them that are called according to his purpose.

2 Corinthians 5:1-21 ASV  1  For we know that if the earthly house of our tabernacle be dissolved, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal, in the heavens.  2  For verily in this we groan, longing to be clothed upon with our habitation which is from heaven:  3  if so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.  4  For indeed we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened; not for that we would be unclothed, but that we would be clothed upon, that what is mortal may be swallowed up of life.  5  Now he that wrought us for this very thing is God, who gave unto us the earnest of the Spirit.  6  Being therefore always of good courage, and knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord  7  (for we walk by faith, not by sight);  8  we are of good courage, I say, and are willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be at home with the Lord.  9  Wherefore also we make it our aim, whether at home or absent, to be well-pleasing unto him.  10  For we must all be made manifest before the judgment-seat of Christ; that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he hath done, whether it be good or bad.  11  Knowing therefore the fear of the Lord, we persuade men, but we are made manifest unto God; and I hope that we are made manifest also in your consciences.  12  We are not again commending ourselves unto you, but speak as giving you occasion of glorying on our behalf, that ye may have wherewith to answer them that glory in appearance, and not in heart.  13  For whether we are beside ourselves, it is unto God; or whether we are of sober mind, it is unto you.  14  For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that one died for all, therefore all died;  15  and he died for all, that they that live should no longer live unto themselves, but unto him who for their sakes died and rose again.  16  Wherefore we henceforth know no man after the flesh: even though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now we know him so no more.  17  Wherefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature: the old things are passed away; behold, they are become new.  18  But all things are of God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and gave unto us the ministry of reconciliation;  19  to wit, that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not reckoning unto them their trespasses, and having committed unto us the word of reconciliation.  20  We are ambassadors therefore on behalf of Christ, as though God were entreating by us: we beseech you on behalf of Christ, be ye reconciled to God.  21  Him who knew no sin he made to be sin on our behalf; that we might become the righteousness of God in him.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the