Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:49:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  FOLLOW UP OF WHAT DO yOU TREASURE AND WHY?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FOLLOW UP OF WHAT DO yOU TREASURE AND WHY?  (Read 3102 times)
livingbyfaith

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2009, 03:38:07 PM »

Angry  i AM SO MAD AT ME!  I never knew how much I got in Credit card debt untilI got a notice in the mail.  It had two rows of Numbers.  Top row was how much of my payment was put on the cards.  Bottom numbers was how much interest they charged.  You guessed it.  The bottom numbers was way ahead!.  At that rate I would never get it paid.

I got caught up in a consolidation company.  Not clever enough to check it out.  Finally I was told to call teh Better Business
Bureau.  It had a bad rep and had the next to the lowest reputation. 

God got me out of a mess.  I mostly talked to the company.  One person was going to send me a form to O.K. it by email.
It never came.  The man called me back and said he would send a form by regular mail to sign.  I never got it!

I then called someone to ask for help.  I told the whole situation and that I never signed anything.  The person I talked to would check everything out.  In the mean time, I got my bank statement.  The company had a large amount taken out of my checking. I told the bank to close down my account and credit card.  Had to get a new account.

Eventually everything got cleared up and my money was put back in my new account.  If God hadn't stepped in I would have been in a real mess.

I am telling you this in case you get into a mess like this or am already in one. 

My bank consolidated 4 cards.  The one payment was much less then what I had been paying on all 4 and never getting anywhere.  My bank got the interest lowered about half.  Said I should have everything paid up in 5 years or sooner if I could pay more.  They will take it out of my checking account.  It could never be late.

And I still have enough left to pay my other bills, buy some groceries and a few odds and ends.

I have to count my pennies and not throw stuff in the cart like I used to.  I don't have a credit card to back me up if I go overboard.

I hope this will help someone who likes to keep buying just because you can!  An addiction really.

God bless you.

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 02:25:32 AM »

Hello Livingbyfaith,

I think that many people got abused by credit card companies and mortgage companies. Many of them actually committed fraud and other crimes with their customers, but only a few are being prosecuted. Some of them had small print in their contracts that would take a team of lawyers to understand, and they basically did whatever they wanted to. Many are being exposed as predatory lenders, and there might be some hope that recent legislation will control what they can do or not do. Regardless, they hurt many people while they made fortunes. I'm sorry that you were one of the victims.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Revelation 3:20 ASV  Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

livingbyfaith

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 10:57:06 AM »

I am sorry too.  But I found out one thing that when I get caught up in stuff like this, God uses it to warn others to stay out of a seeming blessing. The devil makes these things look good to unsuspecting victims.  No matter what I experience good or bad, I do write about it. 

Although I began to post the Mini-Seermons I will also post other items.  I only wrote about 100 in 3 years!    Roll Eyes
They are easy to post because I just have to copy and paste!

One on the awesome side is "ANGELS ALL AROUND ME!".  We can't have all negative stuff to read.  We get enough of that on teh news! Angry  I like to balance that with something to make you smile. Smiley

Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »

Hello Livingbyfaith,

Thank you! I look forward to reading your posts. I see that quite a few have already read them in just the short period of time since you posted them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 55:6-13 ASV  Seek ye Jehovah while he may be found; call ye upon him while he is near:  7  let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return unto Jehovah, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.  8  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith Jehovah.  9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.  10  For as the rain cometh down and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, and giveth seed to the sower and bread to the eater;  11  so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.  12  For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing; and all the trees of the fields shall clap their hands.  13  Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir-tree; and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle-tree: and it shall be to Jehovah for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the