Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:25:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Pepsi sponsored program: 'Jesus Christ, who hates many people, but none more tha
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pepsi sponsored program: 'Jesus Christ, who hates many people, but none more tha  (Read 4220 times)
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:18:50 AM »

Saw this posted on another forum and needed to share this with you;

American Family Association Action Alert

Pepsi sponsored program: 'Jesus Christ, who hates many people, but none more than homosexuals'

Donald E. Wildmon
Founder and Chairman

Please help us get this information into the hands of as many people as possible by forwarding it to your entire e-mail list of family and friends.

Pepsi sponsored program: 'Jesus Christ, who hates many people, but none more than homosexuals'

March 30, 2009

On March 8, PepsiCo helped sponsor Family Guy, a perverted and sickening television program on FOX network.

PepsiCo helped sponsor the program which pushed the homosexual agenda and denigrated Christ. At a "straight" meeting, the speaker talks to gays about Jesus and tells them, "Jesus Christ, who hates many people, but none more than homosexuals.” The scene comes near the end of the video.
Watch the video. Warning, the video is very offensive.

Take Action!

• Sign the Boycott Pepsi Pledge. After signing the pledge, please call Pepsi (914-253-2000 or 1-800-433-2652) and tell the company you will boycott its products until it stops promoting the homosexual agenda.
• Call the Pepsi bottler nearest you and ask it to stop supporting the homosexual agenda.
• Pepsi’s products include Pepsi soft drinks, Frito-Lay chips and snacks (800-352-4477), Quaker Oats (800-367-6287), Tropicana (800-237-7799) and Gatorade (800-884-2867).
• Print the Boycott Pepsi Pledge and distribute it.
• Forward this e-mail to your friends and family so they will know about Pepsi’s support of the homosexual agenda. Millions of people are not aware of Pepsi’s support of homosexual organizations.

__________________________________________________ _______________

That was the most disgusting cartoon I've ever seen. I couldn't believe this was actually broadcast on television. I can't fathom letting a kid watch this filth. I've never watched Family Guy before and if this vile content is the norm, I'm glad I haven't.

I'd like to know why it is everyone has a politically correct RIGHT to not be offended (even going so far as to relate the Holy Bible to Hate Speech in order to further their agenda)--except Bible believing Christians and other Conservative Americans, who would prefer television programming with a simple standard of morality. No one cares if we're offended though. Whether Pepsi believes that standard is biblical or not, they need to realize, the hard way, that a great majority of Americans are sick of the constant filth hurled at our families on a daily basis.

There's nothing wrong with simple decency and respect.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:42:08 AM »

Hello Sister Tina,

Unless things have changed, Pizza Hut is also part of Pepsico. YES, it's time for a boycott and petitions. I'm sure that many of the local franchise holders are dead-set against what the parent company is doing. This evil must be stopped.

Thanks for posting this. This is an outrageous example of Christian hating. As far as I'm concerned, they are saying that they don't need or want our business anyway, so SCRATCH THEM OFF OUR LIST AND DO BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 11:06:08 AM »

Pepsico no longer owns Pizza Hut nor KFC or Taco Bell. These restaurants are now a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. PepsiCo does own Tropicana and Quaker Oats.

Pepsico products:

wns many other brands as well.

* Pepsi, Caffeine-Free Pepsi, Diet Pepsi/Pepsi Light, Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi, Caffeine-Free Pepsi Light, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Pepsi Lime, Pepsi Max, Pepsi Twist and Pepsi ONE.
    * Other U.S. carbonated soft drinks, including Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Crush, Mug Root Beer, Sierra Mist, Tropicana Twister Soda and Frawg,
    * 7 Up (Globally, outside the USA)
    * Other U.S. beverages, including Aquafina (Flavor Splash, Alive, and Twist/Burst), Tava, Dole, Gatorade, Izze, Mountain Dew AMP, Propel Fitness Water, SoBe, Quaker Milk Chillers, Ben & Jerry's MilkShakes, and Tropicana
    * Beverages marketed outside the U.S.: Alvalle, Concordia, Copella, Evervess, Fiesta, Frui'Vita, Fruko, Junkanoo, Kas, Loóza, Manzana Corona, Manzanita Sol, Mirinda, Paso de los Toros (drink), Radical Fruit, San Carlos, Schwip Schwap, Shani, Teem, Triple Kola, and Yedigun
    * Frito-Lay brands: Baken-ets, Barcel, Bocabits, Cheese Tris, Cheetos, Chester's, Chizitos, Churrumais, Cracker Jack, Crujitos, Doritos, Fandangos, Fritos, Funyuns, Gamesa, Go Snacks, James' Grandma's Cookies, Hamka's, Lay's, Miss Vickie's, Munchies, Munchos, Nik Naks, Ollie's Meat Snacks, Quavers, Rold Gold, Ruffles, Rustler's Meat Sticks, Sabritas, Sabritones, Sandora, Santitas, Smartfood, The Smith's Snackfood Company, Sonric's, Stacy's Pita Chips, Sun Chips, Tor-tees, Kurkure, Tostitos, Walkers, and Wotsits
    * Quaker Oats brands: Aunt Jemima, Cap'n Crunch, Coqueiro, Crisp'ums, Cruesli, FrescAvena, King Vitaman, Life, Oatso Simple,Quake, Quisp, Rice-A-Roni, and Spudz

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »

Brother,

I appreciate the updated information because I was about to start boycotting companies that no longer belong to Pepsico. I'm quite serious about things like this and have no desire to use any of my money for evil. They don't get much money from me anyway, but now they will get ZERO. When all Christians do the same thing, it is a BIG IMPACT, and it should be.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 08:32:06 AM »

No! Not quaker oats!  Cry

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 10:23:42 AM »

It now appears that Yum brands is also an advertiser for this atrocity.

'Family Guy' mocks being born again
American Family Association launches campaign to contact advertisers

The "Family Guy" cartoon program on the Fox television network, targeted earlier by a campaign to notify the Federal Communications Commission of its sexually suggestive content, now is in the crosshairs of another campaign urging people to contact its advertisers.

WND reported last week when the American Family Association set up a campaign for viewers to contact the FCC in protest of the program's sexually explicit theme. Tens of thousands of complaints were submitted in just the first day over the March 8 episode, which was rated by the network as appropriate for 14-year-olds, included multiple references to homosexual sex and featured discussion of an "11-way gay orgy."

Now the Florida Family Association has set up a link for consumers to contact the program's advertisers directly with their concerns over the nature of the cartoon.

http://florida-family.org/send_email_2.php

It cited the March 8 program content but also noted the cartoon's attack on Christianity in the March 29 episode.

According to the association, the program featured the family dog denouncing God and saying He does not exist, and then mocking the character Meg's born-again Christian experience.

Finally, the dog convinces Meg that God does not exist, and she gives up her faith, the association reported.

The family group said the cartoon "has turned to denouncing God, mocking the born again experience and embracing perversion to 'entertain' viewers."

The association said among the advertisers on the program were Sprint-Nextel (Boost Mobile), Unilever (Axe), Brinker International (Chili's Grill), KIA (Spectra), Yum Brands (Taco Bell), Volkswagen, Ford (Southern Ford Dealers), Amscot and Pepsi.

"We have prepared an e-mail for you to conveniently send by the press of one button that will encourage the CEOs and VPs of all of these companies to stop supporting Family Guy with their advertising dollars," the family group said.

http://florida-family.org/send_email_2.php

"This should be disturbing to a lot of American families," said AFA spokesman Randy Sharp.

"It's beyond me how a network finds humor in the deviancy of human nature," he continued. "The writers of this program, you really have to question who are these people who come up with this and call it entertainment."

He said the organization has set up an online feature in which viewers can submit complaints to the FCC.

https://secure.afa.net/afa/activism/TakeAction.asp?id=349

Officials with New Media Alliance Television, which provided the video hosting for the excerpt, told WND that Fox officials had attempted to have the video removed, citing copyright issues.

However, the video was being kept available because of the provision in the 1976 Copyright Act allowing for fair use of an excerpt for "criticism, comment, news reporting" and other uses.

"[Fox] has threatened (via e-mail) NMATV for copyright infringement," the company said, "while failing to acknowledge the video's legal use being covered by The Copyright Act of 1976."

A spokesman for NMATV also told WND the company was "the subject of an online attack during the afternoon … after Bob Parks, MNATV executive director, refused an e-mail demand … to immediately remove the video."

WND request to Fox for comment did not generate a response. But such programming just "goes too far," the AFA said in encouraging readers to file an FCC complaint.

According to a statement from Donald E. Wildmon, chairman and founder of the pro-family group whose constituency ranges into the millions, "The content of this program was so explicit that I can't even begin to describe it here."

The program's reference to Christians went even further.

"At a 'straight' meeting, the speaker talks to gays about Jesus and tells them, [Jesus] hates many people, but none more than homosexuals,'" the report said.

"The FCC has a duty to enforce the law and fine Fox for this sickening violation of broadcast decency standards," the statement said.

(This article has been modified to remove the description of the video.)

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 10:21:04 PM »

I found out last night, Pizza Hut (franchise here) isn't selling any pepsi sodas because of their position. Right now, they are offering coffee, tea, and water.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 12:12:53 PM »

This will be very hard for me.  Even harder than protesting Ford...  I simply do not like Coke, or others.  Pepsi is the only cola that I drink.  However I may have to batten down the hatches a bit and switch to water.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 07:16:29 PM »

All of this is really sick and disgusting.

This boils down to PERVERTS openly attacking and mocking GOD while making money at the same time. Whatever helps them make money with this filth, obscenity, and blasphemy should rot on store shelves or no longer be carried by stores wanting to keep decent customers.

They want to do things like this in the most open and IN YOUR FACE TYPE OF WAY, so what else are they doing? I would even be concerned about what they might be putting in their products. Is there any reason why we should be trusting people like this? Regardless, they are marked OFF my list for multiple reasons, and the MAIN ONE is more than enough for me as an individual Christian!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 01:20:04 AM »

All of this is really sick and disgusting.

This boils down to PERVERTS openly attacking and mocking GOD while making money at the same time. Whatever helps them make money with this filth, obscenity, and blasphemy should rot on store shelves or no longer be carried by stores wanting to keep decent customers.

They want to do things like this in the most open and IN YOUR FACE TYPE OF WAY, so what else are they doing? I would even be concerned about what they might be putting in their products. Is there any reason why we should be trusting people like this? Regardless, they are marked OFF my list for multiple reasons, and the MAIN ONE is more than enough for me as an individual Christian!

Galatians 6:7-9 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

God has ordained that we reap what we sow. That seems fair, but often it does not appear to work out that way. Even Solomon had observed that many times people do not get what they deserve.

Ecclesiastes 7:15 All things have I seen in the days of my vanity: there is a just man that perisheth in his righteousness, and there is a wicked man that prolongeth his life in his wickedness.

Solomon finally admitted his inability to figure it out, but also reaffirmed that there would come a time when God would right the wrongs and bring all things back into harmony with truth and righteousness; the righteous will receive according to their righteousness and the wicked according to their evil.

And are we not correctly told that 2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

Many of these people think they have escaped judgment for sins. They think that they are presently succeeding in mocking God with no consequence. What they fail to realize is that God allows such not because He is powerless to stop it, but because He has APPOINTED a time to rectify things, and that time has not yet arrived. It will, but in the meantime even the most foolish outrages are permitted to continue with hopes that another heart can be reached by the gospel and a soul saved before the Day arrives.

2 Peter 3:8-10 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 06:43:17 AM »

we should boycott stores that sell these items.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 05:16:48 PM »

we should boycott stores that sell these items.

Hello Brother David,

This has to be a matter of thought and prayer for each individual Christian. There are some circumstances that are worthy of consideration in the matter of franchises that have no choice what they carry. Many decisions aren't made at the local or state level for quite a few types of stores, including grocery stores. Some would have to break their franchise contract to stop carrying a particular product, so it really isn't the choice of the local owner. In these types of cases, I probably wouldn't want to hurt the innocent local owner for something they have no choice over. However, we can let them know and let the specific products sit on the shelf. This wouldn't hurt the local owner nearly as much, and the vendor would get the message pretty quickly when they came to restock the shelves and nothing needed to be restocked.

Brother, I would look at things on a case by case basis, but I wouldn't buy the product regardless of circumstances. I just know there are many local businesses that don't have the power to decide what they carry because binding contracts are made higher up that might effect hundreds of stores in numerous states. Even small operations many times involve buying cooperatives to get lower prices and involve franchises which are also cooperatives. Under some circumstances, I would boycott the entire store, but I wouldn't want to hurt innocent local owners without choices. I hope this makes sense.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I must also say AMEN to the reply from DreamWeaver. There is an accounting day for everyone, and the Scriptures Brother Bob posted are most appropriate. THANKS BROTHER BOB!

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »

That is correct...you will find most of your fast food chains and chain style food establishments are unable to change the drink fare.

But you know there is always water or tea. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 10:55:47 AM »

That is correct...you will find most of your fast food chains and chain style food establishments are unable to change the drink fare.

But you know there is always water or tea. 

Hello Brother Jerry,

YES, there are always other choices. I wasn't hinting that I would buy the product simply because the store didn't have a choice. I was just trying to express my reservations about boycotting the entire store simply because they carried the product.

I was just thinking back to a time when I knew the owners of our local Pepsi Bottling Company. They would have been furious over circumstances like this, and I really don't know what they would have done. They were local Christian employers with an excellent reputation in the community. They are home with the LORD now, so I can't ask them what they would have done. Something like this is a major scandal in a city of our size, and many people wouldn't understand that the local franchise holder has no control over what the corporate level does. Bankruptcy would probably be their only choice. I'll guess that their sales will drop by half or more pretty quickly - AND more when the news gets out to more people. I don't know if the local bottler has any legal recourse against the corporate level, but there might be. Regardless, the corporate level is crippling their franchise holders and ruining their business. At the very least, this is a really dumb thing to do - BESIDES BEING IMMORAL. Most decent people will stop buying their products when they find out, so it's really a corporate level decision to ruin their own business. I doubt that the stockholders will appreciate this dumb and very expensive decision either. If Pepsi reverses course completely, it will take years for them to recover - IF EVER.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 11:29:40 AM »

I personally don't think boycotting anything will do any good anymore.  Pretty soon the Homo's and Islam and Illegals will run the country.  Oh wait!  An illegal is already running the country!  And besides that any big corrporation that goes bankrupt and belly-up the Dems will form a committee and bail them out using our tax dollars which will again be raised to help them do it.

Let us fight the good fight!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the