Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:37:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Pepsi sponsored program: 'Jesus Christ, who hates many people, but none more tha
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pepsi sponsored program: 'Jesus Christ, who hates many people, but none more tha  (Read 4218 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 12:01:08 PM »

I personally don't think boycotting anything will do any good anymore.  Pretty soon the Homo's and Islam and Illegals will run the country.  Oh wait!  An illegal is already running the country!  And besides that any big corrporation that goes bankrupt and belly-up the Dems will form a committee and bail them out using our tax dollars which will again be raised to help them do it.

Oooooooophs! I forgot all about those bailouts for a minute. Sadly, you're right - the days of individual or corporate responsibility are over. Those who are mature and RESPONSIBLE pay all of the bills. AND, the people who did this are in public office. Another Ooooooooops! Those in public office are supposed to be SERVING the public - NOT abusing us. UM? - I wonder what folks like Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Paine, and others would say about things like this. They might have some garden work for the public servants of today to do.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 12:32:13 PM »

I wonder what folks like Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Paine, and others would say about things like this. They might have some garden work for the public servants of today to do.

Well....  We know what they did to those of their time that were pulling similar crimes against the people.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 12:55:27 PM »

Absolutely Tom.  And I am sorry...my comments were not directed at you...just more generalized statements...I understood you completely.  And I agree. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 01:02:34 PM »

Well....  We know what they did to those of their time that were pulling similar crimes against the people.

YES BROTHER - it became a struggle to the death to PUT OFF TYRANNY! Students of history can easily determine what they did and WHY! The circumstances of today are getting close to being BEYOND what we will tolerate! "Give me liberty or give me death" is really pretty easy to understand. This same BOLD statement is just as true today as it was then!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 01:15:09 PM »

...and the Sons of Liberty are still very much alive.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 01:41:43 PM »

Absolutely Tom.  And I am sorry...my comments were not directed at you...just more generalized statements...I understood you completely.  And I agree. 

Hello Brother Jerry,

I was almost sure that we were on the same sheet of music. This is just one of those things that's almost impossible to understand. I've never been a business man, but I understand public support and public relations from a police officer's point of view. I'm thinking back to the horrible consequences of a single mistake or act of wrong doing by just one police officer. I'm pretty sure that things work the same way in the business world in terms of common sense. The difference in this case is that we're talking about intentional acts by the heads of the company after a significant portion of the population complains about their actions. I can't understand why they would do this. From a police officer's perspective of wrong-doing, the Chief fires the police officer, apologizes to the public, and announces courses of action to prevent the wrong-doing from happening again. The public fires the Chief if he doesn't do enough or doesn't do it right. Some might say that this is a very poor example, but the behavior being promoted was a felony in every state just a few short years ago. So, maybe this example is pretty good. Regardless, the corporate decisions of Pepsi are really dumb after being served notice in a big way by the public. The American Family Association served the notice, and it was done properly. The answer back from Pepsi was defiance. I'm almost sure that anyone can read tons of details on this at WND. I made copies of some material that included direct attacks against JESUS CHRIST, so this boycott involves more aggravated circumstances than boycotts I've been involved in before.

I think that I still have copies of everything somewhere if WND no longer has this information listed. However, I'm almost sure WND's information on this is growing instead of shrinking.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 12:01:26 AM »

I personally don't think boycotting anything will do any good anymore.  Pretty soon the Homo's and Islam and Illegals will run the country.  Oh wait!  An illegal is already running the country!  And besides that any big corrporation that goes bankrupt and belly-up the Dems will form a committee and bail them out using our tax dollars which will again be raised to help them do it.

Sister, queers are not allowed in islam too. So I guess the homo's will have to move to a different country. Wink

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 10:56:10 AM »

Advertisers back away from 'Family Guy' raunch
General Mills confirms program 'violates programming standards'

A campaign by pro-family groups over offensive and obscene content in the "Family Guy" cartoon program on the Fox television network has reached its target: the advertisers.

According to the Florida Family Association, officials with General Mills have confirmed the program "violates our programming standards" and also "is not the proper environment for General Mills products."

The campaign provided a link for consumers to contact the program's advertisers directly with their concerns over the nature of the cartoon.

The organization cited the sexually charged content of a March 8 program but also noted the cartoon's attack on Christianity in the March 29 episode.

The Florida group now has confirmed it has seen the results of its work.

"General Mills informed Florida Family Association yesterday that the Godless, Christian bashing and depraved content of Fox's Family Guy is an unacceptable forum in which to promote their products," the organization said.

Jeff Hagen, the director of consumer services for General Mills, told the Florida Family Association in an e-mail, "This program has not and will not be purchased intentionally in future rotations within our national or local television schedules."

He said the television station on which Florida Family Association monitored his company's ad during "Family Guy" acknowledged an error was made during "a rescheduling of programs and our Chex Mix advertising was not moved to a more family-friendly spot, as is our requirement."

The e-mail campaign also directed consumer comments to officials for Sprint-Nextel (Boost Mobile), Unilever (Axe), Brinker International (Chili’s Grill), KIA (Spectra), Yum Brands (Taco Bell), Volkswagen, Ford (Southern Ford Dealers), Amscot and Pepsi (Mountain Dew), which also advertised on the program.

"Oddly, Fox aired repeat episodes on April 5th instead of new episodes the week after their advertisers received e-mails from thousands of concerned citizens," FFA said in a statement released by Executive Director David Caton. "Another 'repeat' episode is scheduled for April 12th."

The American Family Association effort earlier was to direct consumer comments to the Federal Communications Commission.

"This should be disturbing to a lot of American families," said AFA spokesman Randy Sharp.

"It's beyond me how a network finds humor in the deviancy of human nature," he continued. "The writers of this program, you really have to question who are these people who come up with this and call it entertainment."

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2009, 11:00:28 AM »

What I truly find hard is that I enjoy Fox news and that Fox News always tends to be more conservative and such....but yet Fox TV Network is dramatically different.  There is little on FoxTV that I would consider viewable.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2009, 06:59:23 PM »

What I truly find hard is that I enjoy Fox news and that Fox News always tends to be more conservative and such....but yet Fox TV Network is dramatically different.  There is little on FoxTV that I would consider viewable.

Hello Brother Jerry and All,

I watch news programs on Fox News every day, but I know very little about the Fox TV Network except that they are involved with OBSCENITY on a regular basis. One would think they might have learned something with their wildly successful News Channel. One might think that their executives might surmise:  DUH! - The people want decent programming that is appropriate for Christian family viewing. If they insist on leaving out the word "Christian", let them call it appropriate for "DECENT FAMILY VIEWING"!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 12:14:41 PM »

Sister, queers are not allowed in islam too. So I guess the homo's will have to move to a different country. Wink

....or at least, back in the closet!

Let us fight the good fight!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the