Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:10:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  What’s LEFT of the Constitution? Prop. 8 and the Administration’s
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What’s LEFT of the Constitution? Prop. 8 and the Administration’s  (Read 1157 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2009, 05:06:39 PM »

What’s LEFT of the Constitution?

Prop. 8 and the Administration’s Marriage Doubletalk

“What’s Left of the Constitution?” is a periodic news digest featuring Alliance Defense Fund legal analysis of proposals, policies, and trends advanced by the federal government.  On a regular basis, this digest specifically highlights policies and actions that move America away from the principles of the U.S. Constitution and closer to the demands of the political Left, especially ones that threaten religious liberty, the sanctity of life, and marriage and the family.

For the second time in less than a year, the California Supreme Court will decide whether to reject the votes of millions of Californians regarding marriage. Proposition 8 implemented an amendment to the California Constitution that states, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” It passed by a margin of approximately 5 percent in November 2008.

The impact of the court’s decision will not be limited to marriage. Soon we will know whether the democratic process matters and what the impact will be on those who disagree with advocates of homosexual behavior.

Marriage remains a hot-button issue, and advocates of the homosexual agenda continue to argue that the public should have no say in the matter. These activists have adopted a two-pronged assault to enact their desires: first, to harass and vilify those who disagree; and second, to find judges who are sympathetic and will overrule the people.

When presidential candidate Barack Obama visited the Saddleback Civil Forum in California in August 2008, he gave his views on marriage:

“I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman.”

Yet, the new administration’s actual policies and planned actions for marriage are stated much differently. The new administration…

· Supports “full civil unions and federal rights for [homosexual] couples”

· Opposes a “constitutional ban on same-sex marriage”

· Promises to repeal the federal “Defense of Marriage Act”

One look at the “Civil Rights Agenda” page (  http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/civil_rights/  )
 of the White House website makes it clear that the rhetoric during the Saddleback Forum does not match the reality of the new administration’s priorities. They are advocating policies—and creating a legal and political landscape—that will lead to the judicial redefinition of marriage.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 06:00:48 PM »

It would be my opinion that SOMEONE said whatever it took to get elected and LIED! Further, there is already a list of promises that have been broken, some in a matter of days. BLUNTLY, it appears that SOMEONE has their own agenda that has nothing to do with the good of the country. Some folks are beginning to think that DESTRUCTION of the country is the AGENDA, and that would be fairly easy to believe.

It's definite that the RULE OF LAW AND THE CONSTITUTION are being subverted, avoided, twisted, and/or INTENTIONALLY VIOLATED! We will soon see how many of our representatives have the courage to stand up and do the job that the people elected them to do. The will of the people WILL NOT AND MUST NOT be ignored in a FREE country. If we begin to see things like this, it will be time for recall petitions and other legal actions of the people. In case anyone is wondering, THE COURTS ARE ALSO BOUND BY THE RULE OF LAW AND THE CONSTITUTION!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 06:04:24 PM »

Some folks are beginning to think that DESTRUCTION of the country is the AGENDA, and that would be fairly easy to believe.

I'm definitely one of those people. It has become quite clear that this has been their agenda for many years.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 10:29:14 PM »

It would be my opinion that SOMEONE said whatever it took to get elected and LIED! Further, there is already a list of promises that have been broken, some in a matter of days. BLUNTLY, it appears that SOMEONE has their own agenda that has nothing to do with the good of the country. Some folks are beginning to think that DESTRUCTION of the country is the AGENDA, and that would be fairly easy to believe.

Proverbs 17:4 A wicked doer giveth heed to false lips; and a liar giveth ear to a naughty tongue.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the