Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:25:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How can you be sure the Bible is inspired of God?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How can you be sure the Bible is inspired of God?  (Read 10270 times)
Mandy

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2003, 01:05:18 AM »

I'm just looking into Christianity and believe that you base your faith on the 'fact' that the Bible is inspired of God.  How do you go about proving that to someone that is an unbeliever?

Thank you :)
Shaka

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 01:16:27 AM »

You can't.  1Cor 2:14
asaph
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 01:34:59 AM »

I'm just looking into Christianity and believe that you base your faith on the 'fact' that the Bible is inspired of God.  How do you go about proving that to someone that is an unbeliever?

Thank you Smiley
Mandy,
As Shaka said, "You can't." Look at the verse-
1 Cor 2
14   But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

One thing is important for you to know. You do not have to convince someone that the Bible is the inspired word of God. The Bible will do that itself. If you read it and ask God for understanding He will prove it Himself. If you have a willingness to do what Jesus tells you to do then you will know that the Bible is the word of God.

John 7
17   If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

In other words Jesus said: "If you really want to obey God, you will know if what I teach comes from God or from me."

Mandy, if you are unsure, tell Jesus about it and ask Him to help your unbelief.

If you already are sure and want to know how to share with your friends, do'nt worry about trying to convince them that the Bible is the word of God, but, rather, pray for them.

God Bless You,

asaph
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 01:45:22 AM »

Because the bible itself testifies such:

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," - 2 Timothy 3:16

The "breathed out" phrase is what is meant by the KJV's "inspiration."  Scripture is God-breathed.  Inspired.  Note also...

"For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit." - 2 Peter 1:21

Scripture, though written by man, was wrought by God.  He moved them along to write what He wanted.

The only problem then is, do you believe what God said about His word?

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 01:50:11 AM »

Mandy;
     The Bible has Thousands of Prophecys, the only ones that have not been fulfilled are End Time Prophecys, whitch we may see fulfillment in our life time.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Shaka

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2003, 02:13:00 AM »

Thats real good stuff Asaph!
Mandy

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 05:36:08 AM »

Thank you for posts everyone Smiley

This about sums it up for me:

Mandy, if you are unsure, tell Jesus about it and ask Him to help your unbelief.

Hmm I hadn't thought about praying to Jesus (which would be how to tell Jesus about it?)

I need to start to get to know Jesus first.  I do believe he exists (therefore *did* exist and always will exist), but I'm so new to this I haven't even said my first prayer yet, something is stopping me and I don't know what it is.  I guess I'll work it out.  Anyway,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any archeaological (sp) and/or historic evidence that supports what the Bible writers tell us about.

Thank you again for your posts.  
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2003, 09:54:45 AM »

posted by Mandy,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any archeaological (sp) and/or historic evidence that supports what the Bible writers tell us about.

How about living proof..

Not,  that this would bring people to Jesus.

However Jesus spoke of Lazarus and the Rich Man, in (Luke 16:19-31)

Notice, what He said Moses replied to the Rich Man, who was  in pain and torment in hades.

If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

So, Jesus rose from the dead, and confirming the Word of God  and promises God made to Abraham.

But, since does not stir people up, enough to repent.

Why would archeological or historical proof be sufficient?

Anyhow,  the living proof I had in mind, is the Nation of Israel, they are a historical nation, and their is much archeological proof that they existed as a nation in the Land given to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob by the Lord.

In accordance with prophecy concerning this nation, after a dispersion throughout all the nations of the World for centuries, they are now assembled in the same land, in accordance with the Word of God.

All Christians, should become familiar with Israels history, they are the apple of Gods eye; unless God delivers on every promise He has made them, we have no hope; but we know the God we serve, will keep every preomise He has made to Abraham and the nation,  such is our faith.

Remember Gods promise to anyone that blesses Israel;

Gen 12
3  And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Blessings,
Petro

Bronzesnake
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2003, 01:02:33 PM »

Thank you for posts everyone Smiley

This about sums it up for me:

Hmm I hadn't thought about praying to Jesus (which would be how to tell Jesus about it?)

I need to start to get to know Jesus first.  I do believe he exists (therefore *did* exist and always will exist), but I'm so new to this I haven't even said my first prayer yet, something is stopping me and I don't know what it is.  I guess I'll work it out.  Anyway,

Thank you again for your posts.  

Hello Mandy.
There is a ton of biblical archaeological finds that corroborate the bible accounts.
As a matter of fact, there has not been a single dig that has disproved a single biblical account!! That is truely amazing!
There is also loads of non biblical, historical documentation.

Here is a link to biblical archaeology...
www.christiananswers.net/archaeology/home.html

And here is a link to historical evidence of Jesus and the bible.
www.biblehistory.net/Chap1.htm

Keep on this track...you will live forever to be glad you did!
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 01:39:54 PM »

Do not take your beliefs to the Bible. Get your beliefs from the Bible.  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Bronzesnake
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 10:16:26 PM »

Do not take your beliefs to the Bible. Get your beliefs from the Bible.  Grin

We all gotta start somewhere my brother.
Shaka

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2003, 11:24:09 AM »

What does that suppose to mean, Bronzesnake? Huh
Mandy

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2003, 09:34:28 PM »

I agree - we all do have to start somewhere, at the beginning, which is where I am at.

What do you guys think of this quote?

"For the Fathers, authority is not only the Bible, but the Bible plus those glorified or divinized as the prophets and apostles. The Bible is not in itself either inspired or infallible. It becomes inspired and infallible within the communion of saints because they have the experience of divine glory described in the Bible."

Professor John Romanides of the University of Thessaloniki
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2003, 11:59:59 PM »

Mandy,

Frankly, I don't think much of it.

What does this statement mean?? It just sounds like gobble di gook.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock on someone's statement unless they are coherent and show biblical doctrinal understanding.

I have no idea who this fellow is.

Blessings,

Petro

Bronzesnake
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2003, 12:59:50 AM »

What does that suppose to mean, Bronzesnake? Huh

I agree with what Ambassador4Christ said, but at the same time, we don't all grow up with Jesus. It is so much easier to be introduced to Jesus when we are children; children don't have any pre concieved ideas in their heads, and tend to accept Jesus without much question. However, for some adults, if we first understand that Jesus and the bible isn't just a bunch of "nice stories", that there is a load of corroborating archaeological and historical evidence that prove these biblical events and characters are real, then it becomes much easier to become a true believer. So in a sense, it's a way for some of us to get our "foot in the door". People who are searching for the truth will have legitimate questions, and they deserve to be answered truthfully and intelligently. Jesus doesn't mind how we find Him, just as long as we find Him.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the