Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:10:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Show Low, AZ
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show Low, AZ  (Read 2921 times)
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2008, 10:39:02 PM »

I know one of you lives in or around Show Low.  How is the snow level these days?  I didn't hear from my uncle this weekend to find out....several family members live in that area and I heard it was heavy snow.

Does the town of Show Low plow the roads?  One uncle's mobile home park got plowed only because of the kindness of one of the tenants with a snowplow!  He also had to be picked up by my other uncle because his tires were not working on the ice.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:27:54 AM »

Quote from: Debp
I know one of you lives in or around Show Low.

That would be me, I live outside of Show Low, Debp.

Most of the snow has melted, though the roads are still slick. It use to be, Show Low put cinders on the road when they plowed. Now Show Low, and most of the snow country puts chemicals on the roadway, when they plow. The back streets are always the last to be plowed.

As far as Trailer parks that is the owner/manager job, to hire a snow plow to plow the snow. Some areas got over 14 inches of snow. Pinetop/Lakeside still has snow on the ground, not much, but some still.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 10:36:51 PM »

That would be me, I live outside of Show Low, Debp.

Most of the snow has melted, though the roads are still slick. It use to be, Show Low put cinders on the road when they plowed. Now Show Low, and most of the snow country puts chemicals on the roadway, when they plow. The back streets are always the last to be plowed.

As far as Trailer parks that is the owner/manager job, to hire a snow plow to plow the snow. Some areas got over 14 inches of snow. Pinetop/Lakeside still has snow on the ground, not much, but some still.

Thanks for answering, DreamWeaver, and thanks for the link to the newspaper there.

Do you have a home or live in a mobile home park?  My uncle moved to another one to save $125 on the space rent.  The only problem is that in this new park, he doesn't see too many people to talk to....they are mainly all even older than him.  And I think alot of them left for the Winter, too.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 11:46:48 PM »

I own my home, that has been paided off, for the past 14 years. Anything else I won't answer, cause that would give out to much personal information.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 06:53:20 PM »

I own my home, that has been paided off, for the past 14 years. Anything else I won't answer, cause that would give out to much personal information.

That's fine.  Thanks for answering.  That's wonderful it's paid off.  My uncle used to own a home in Phoenix but left the desert heat after many years.  Also, one of my cousins had started the initial move to Show Low.  Now she has moved on to another area of AZ...also in the countryside.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 10:06:03 PM »

I really do like this area, but there are to many flat-landers coming up this time of year. They seem to think they can drive, like they do in Phoenix/Tucson. (And off the road they go..................)

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 10:24:49 PM »

(And off the road they go..................)

They do that in Phoenix/Tucson, too.  Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 10:42:18 PM »

They do that in Phoenix/Tucson, too.  Grin Grin

I know.................

Well I'm going to be off for a while, my son and Daughter-In-Law is here.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 12:21:18 PM »

Fun Facts:

Show Low, AZ

According to the legend, the city was named after a marathon poker game between C.E. Cooley and Marion Clark, they decided there was not enough room for both of them in their settlement. The two men agreed to let a game of cards decide who was to move. According to the story, Clark said, "If you can show low, you win." Cooley turned up the deuce of clubs (the lowest possible card) and replied, "Show low it is." The stakes were a 100,000 acre (400 kmē) ranch. Show Low's main street is named "Deuce of Clubs" in remembrance.

Let us fight the good fight!
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 06:54:21 PM »

I really do like this area, but there are to many flat-landers coming up this time of year. They seem to think they can drive, like they do in Phoenix/Tucson. (And off the road they go..................)

Many years ago, when one of my uncles drove my mom and me to the Sedona or Payson area.....on the way home there was a bad accident in the countryside.  The two lane road was backed up with cars for miles and we had to wait (not moving) for at least two hours!!  I think a helicopter finally came in for the accident victims.

Also, when we did start to move and traffic disappeared, it was so dark getting back to Phoenix.  All we had to see by were our headlights....really something else for city folks.

And, Grammyluv, I read that story in a book about Show Low my mom brought home.  She visited our family there several years back; I have not been there yet.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 06:56:46 PM by Debp » Logged

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 08:36:19 PM »

Dreamweaver, just curious.  How would you describe the "spiritual climate" in Show Low and surrounding area?  Are there alot of good churches?  Are there any Mormons there?  I thought I read somewhere that area might have Mormons.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 10:18:03 AM »

Yes there are quite a few mormons but, they are not as popular as they were. When I first came here, 75% of the population was mormon. Now that is down to (about) 45%.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 09:46:18 PM »

Yes there are quite a few mormons but, they are not as popular as they were. When I first came here, 75% of the population was mormon. Now that is down to (about) 45%.

Hello DreamWeaver,

Brother Bob, if I understand correctly, your part of Arizona is pretty sparsely populated and inhabited primarily by rugged mountain folks.   Grin   Am I right?

If you want privacy, you just go home and have all the privacy you want. I understand there are times when sunlight has to be piped in, and I have no idea about electricity.   Wink   Bluntly, it really sounds like my kind of place.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 01:17:00 PM »

Hello DreamWeaver,

Brother Bob, if I understand correctly, your part of Arizona is pretty sparsely populated and inhabited primarily by rugged mountain folks.   Grin   Am I right?

Yes but, it is growing with city slickers. The way they drive is like they do in the city. You should see them drive in the snow, and on ice.

If you want privacy, you just go home and have all the privacy you want.

Not as much as I would like, but yes my neighbor is a little ways away.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

I understand there are times when sunlight has to be piped in, and I have no idea about electricity.   Wink   Bluntly, it really sounds like my kind of place.

Well today it is cloudy, still...................... Undecided  So I had to use electricity for the well. As you know, my well is solar powered which saves me quite a bit of money. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 11:27:05 PM »

Hello DreamWeaver,

If you want privacy, you just go home and have all the privacy you want. I understand there are times when sunlight has to be piped in, and I have no idea about electricity.   Wink   Bluntly, it really sounds like my kind of place.

Cheesy Cheesy

Dreamweaver, what about churches?  Are there many in Show Low?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the