Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:21:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Show Low, AZ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show Low, AZ  (Read 2920 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 03:10:27 AM »

Hello DreamWeaver and All,

Brother Bob, I really like the idea of open spaces and hope to have a small place in a more rural area some day. This obviously depends on us still being here and not already HOME with the LORD.

You mentioned solar energy for your well, and I've been trying to read some about forms of energy that don't allow utility companies to hold us hostage and charge whatever they want. Utility costs are a huge expense and percentage of a home budget these days. Folks should know there are very generous grants available for alternate energy sources these days - so generous that they almost pay the whole installation. Wind and solar energy in my part of the country makes sense and is a winner.

If we ever build our dream home for retirement, it will be much smaller, super energy-efficient, and will have some alternative energy. It would be wonderful to cut most of the utility bills out of the home budget, or at least most of it. I didn't mention that we would like to have our much smaller home to be as maintenance free as possible and eliminate other costs that come up pretty frequently (i.e. painting). There are some very practical steel homes that can be built in this part of the country for less than traditional construction. They are practical because they are able to withstand wind better - the overall construction is much stronger and quicker - and you get reduced insurance costs because the home is less likely to be damaged in frequent storms. Steel construction is also easy to apply the best insulation techniques and reduce energy consumption. I'll just say this:  LORD Willing - if we move, we will reduce our costs greatly and be just as comfortable in a much smaller home. I also like the idea of being able to do without the utility companies if there was an emergency or it became cost prohibitive.

YES - Brother Bob, I want my own well also to know that we have a safe source of drinking water. It's still easy, practical, and pretty cheap to dig a good well in this part of the country.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:20-22 NLT  From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God.  21  Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. The result was that their minds became dark and confused.  22  Claiming to be wise, they became utter fools instead.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 07:30:54 PM »

Yes, solar power is a wonderful idea in areas that get alot of sun.  You might have to stay out of the mountains and go for the desert instead.

The reason I keep asking about the churches is that I have several families members in and around Show Low.  Only one (a teenage girl) is a committed Christian and attending church.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 08:10:21 PM »

Yes, solar power is a wonderful idea in areas that get alot of sun.  You might have to stay out of the mountains and go for the desert instead.

The reason I keep asking about the churches is that I have several families members in and around Show Low.  Only one (a teenage girl) is a committed Christian and attending church.

Hello Debp,

DreamWeaver pastors a church either there or in the rural area near it. I don't know the name or location of the church he pastors. If I understand correctly, Show Low is a fairly small place, but there is more than one church, especially considering the rural areas surrounding it. The problem might be in finding a publication of some sort that lists them all. The local newspaper where I live publishes a church directory that includes churches 20 to 30 miles out in the country. I think that the listing is free unless the church wants a larger than standard listing. I think that I'm correct in saying this is part of an effort of our local Chamber of Commerce and includes a variety of community services. However, I live in a city of about 140,000 people, and Show Low is a small farming-type community if I understand correctly. I'm sorry, I know that I didn't help you much. Many churches don't do any advertising and are known by word of mouth.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 11:43:45 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy

Dreamweaver, what about churches?  Are there many in Show Low?

There are a few, that don't sugar coat the Word. Most give what I call a Sunday school lesson for a sermon.

If you want, I will carry this conversion on by email Debp...... Let me know.

Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 07:24:08 PM »

There are a few, that don't sugar coat the Word. Most give what I call a Sunday school lesson for a sermon.

If you want, I will carry this conversion on by email Debp...... Let me know.

If you want, you can email me.  Just put from Dreamweaver so I'll know it's not spam.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the