Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:59:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Satan tempting Christians
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Satan tempting Christians  (Read 3073 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: December 19, 2008, 02:56:26 AM »

Satan tempting Christians

Satan lures the Christian into danger using the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the boastful pride of life. Once entangled in sin, the Christian either has to free himself or he needs someone else to rescue him.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

That “someone” is you! This has been satan's long term strategy, and he is good at it. He is a predator and you are the prey. Satan's teeth are his deceptions. The lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the boastful pride of life are the jugular which he tries to sink his teeth into. Satan, along with the multitudes of his demonic minions, are keen students of people and their behavior.

Satan studies you. Your weaknesses are well known to him. Once satan discovers the chinks in your spiritual armor, he then shoots his temptations at that very point of your weakness. If he continues to have success, he continues to shoot at that spot. Maybe you are prone to worry. satan knows this and so he will continually tempt you to worry, fret, and be anxious. It matters not what your weakness is, you can be assured satan knows what it is and that he is tempting you in that area. He has many times received pleasure from seeing you fall into your favorite sin.

So why does satan even bother tempting Christians?

Satan knows that he can't “un–save” a Christian, so why does he bother? What he wants to do is entangle every Christian in sin. Because when a Christian is in sin, they show hatred towards God, and satan loves this. When a Christian sins, they grieve the Holy Spirit and fail to give glory to God, and satan loves this. When a Christian sins, they ruin their testimony to the world and bring reproach upon the name of Christ, and Satan loves this. When a Christian sins, they give the enemies of Christ occasion to blaspheme God, and satan loves this. When a Christian sins, God is forced to discipline them, and Satan loves this. When a Christian sins, they are not walking in the Spirit and hence they are not giving glory to God, and satan loves this. Anything that steals glory from God or makes the Christian miserable is satan's cup of coffee.

2 Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Paul exhorts the Corinthians to forgive one another. He tells them to do this, “so that no advantage would be taken of us by satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes.” Paul's point is that Christians know that not forgiving others leads to anger, bitterness, and resentment. Satan uses our unwillingness to forgive others as a means to tempt us to commit other sins. Many live their lives with their spiritual armor off and their guard down. Christians like this become easy meals for the satan.

So what can we do??

Look to your Bible for starters.

Realize that there is a spiritual battle raging and there is an enemy that is trying to kill you.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Don't be ignorant of satan's schemes but realize he is out to exploit you in your areas of weakness. He usually attacks through deception which means he offers you the bait, but conceals the hook, or in plain language, he offers you the pleasures of sin, but conceals the painful short and long–term consequences of committing those sins

1 Corinthians 7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

2 Corinthians 11:3  But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Read, study, reflect on, and memorize the Word of God. God's Word is what informs you about what is right, what is wrong, and gives you everything you need to live a God glorifying life.

Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Put on the full armor of God and stand firm in your faith in God.

Ephesians 6:10-20 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;  15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

It is usually impossible for us to tell whether or not we are being tempted by satan or our own wicked hearts, but the solution to the problem of temptation is always the same. We flee from sin, we remind ourselves of the truth, we remind ourselves of the consequences of sin, and we do what the Word of God says out of love for God, desiring to give Him glory. We must avail ourselves of the spiritual resources which God provides and know that they are sufficient for our every spiritual need.

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

AMEN

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 03:59:26 PM »

Amen!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the