Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:07:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Veterans/Military
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Veterans/Military  (Read 4230 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 11:29:48 AM »

Amazing isn't it. The right words at the right time.  Now I wonder who made that possible  Roll Eyes

Amen, just as we are promised.

We don't have a VA hospital close by, just a clinic. It is a good 2 to 3 hr drive to the nearest VA hospital so I don't make it there very often. I have never been a volunteer, paid or not, in any official sort of way but I have still volunteered my time to the Troops and their families when I am able and in a manner that I am able to do. It is a most worthy cause. There are many that don't want to hear anything of Jesus but as we are told in scripture to do, just shake the dust off the shoes and go on to those that are willing to listen. Actually it is surprising at times just how many are actually interested in hearing and discussing Jesus in such a manner. In fact many come to me and start the conversation themselves.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2009, 09:42:11 AM »

Brothers,

I was in the Army in the late 60s, and they didn't have any of those problems. It makes me angry that FREEDOM OF RELIGION has been REMOVED from those serving our country. There are all kinds of reports of Chaplains being restricted about what they can say and what they can't - even when the audience wants to hear the FULL-STRENGTH GOSPEL.

Maybe they need to put signs on the Chapel entrance, "If JESUS CHRIST offends you - KEEP OUT!" I don't know how everything works in the various branches of the Service now, but I know that individuals and groups can worship however they want to. I assume that all of the restrictions come to play when the service is Officially held by a Chaplain. My son was in the Navy for 6 years and said they just needed to use common sense (i.e. completely voluntary, unofficial). I wish that I had asked him more questions now. I would like to know if Official Chaplains have any freedoms with the right circumstances. I know that someone can't order a person to attend services, and I assume that an announcement of what kind of service was going to be given would relieve some potential problems. People not wanting to attend that type of service would have to be welcome to leave and not participate. Am I close?

On the other side of the coin, I'm aware of many voluntary, unofficial actions of worship where folks said nobody tried to regulate anything.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Timothy 3:2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2009, 12:17:39 PM »

As some of you already know my son was just in basic and AIT. He told me that a local Baptist church provided transportation to those that wished to go to their church. It was completely voluntary and those that did not wish to go could instead go to one of the numerous chapels on the base or could go to the base USO instead. It was their choice.

I was able to attend graduation services for both basic and AIT. The Chaplain invited those that believe to a group prayer and asked that those that don't believe to give a moment of silence during that time in honor of the service of all men and women both present and prior. At the AIT graduation, which was held in one of the bases chapels, the Chaplain did mention Jesus several times and did end the prayer in the name of Jesus.

I saw and heard people of all beliefs, including those that do not believe in a God at all, and they all gave honor according to their own beliefs. No arguing, no hatred, no disagreeing. Just plain respect for each other.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 01:40:26 AM »

THANKS PASTOR ROGER!

I'm beginning to think that the big problems we read about are instigated by isolated individuals. Further, they probably choose high profile locations for the greatest news impact. We already know that the ACLU also goes after folks who try to exclude those isolated trouble makers - supposedly that they suffer from being excluded from the rest of the group. The ACLU wants to eat their cake and have it to. I'm continually amazed at the ridiculous antics of the ACLU and the damage they have been allowed to do to our country. It is my FIRM opinion that the members of our Armed Services should be the LAST to suffer any infringement or removal of RIGHTS, FREEDOMS, AND LIBERTIES. After all, it's their sweat, blood, and tears that secured and preserved these things we hold dear. They shouldn't need a staff of lawyers to determine whether they can exercise the things that they secure and preserve for the rest of us.

In the meantime, I would hope that all of us appreciate what they do for us and our country. I realize that won't include the ACLU and other dung-beetle types.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the