Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:14:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Veterans/Military
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Veterans/Military  (Read 4228 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 12:55:33 AM »

Hello Sentry,

Brother, what you said is completely proper, and everyone needs to hear from you and all of our Veterans. Our Veterans have earned and deserve our greatest respect, THANKS, and love. I'll be brief this time. THANKS BROTHER FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, and this is to all of our Veterans and their families who have sacrificed and given so much for all of us. For those who didn't come home, there is no greater love than to lay down your life for others.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:7-21 NASB  But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.  8  More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,  9  and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,  10  that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;  11  in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.  12  Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.  13  Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,  14  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.  15  Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;  16  however, let us keep living by that same  standard to which we have attained.  17  Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.  18  For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ,  19  whose end is destruction, whose god is their appetite, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their minds on earthly things.  20  For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;  21  who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 08:11:01 AM »

Hello Sentry,

Brother, what you said is completely proper, and everyone needs to hear from you and all of our Veterans. Our Veterans have earned and deserve our greatest respect, THANKS, and love. I'll be brief this time. THANKS BROTHER FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, and this is to all of our Veterans and their families who have sacrificed and given so much for all of us. For those who didn't come home, there is no greater love than to lay down your life for others.

I couldn't agree more.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 09:15:18 AM »

Amen!

Sentry stay proud of your country and what you did for your country.  I know I am proud of you and your service.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 12:52:23 PM »

The name "Sentry" reminds me of the night I spent on guard duty at the back gate to the base. It was bitter cold, and I was not as warmly dressed as I would have liked. I was alone all night and never saw another person. Talk about being bored!  Grin

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Sandra

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 01:00:59 PM »

First of all id like to thank all for serving.My Grandfather was in worls war 2 he was in the navy.I also my uncle was in the army

Sandra
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 01:22:21 PM »

I want to say thank you to all that recognize the Veterans and active duty Military. Without people like you supporting us all, things would have been much worse than it has. Your support does make a difference and it does definitely matter.

The name "Sentry" reminds me of the night I spent on guard duty at the back gate to the base. It was bitter cold, and I was not as warmly dressed as I would have liked. I was alone all night and never saw another person. Talk about being bored!  Grin

I remember a lot of those kind of days. There were many days that I had to stand watch on the outside of a ship in all kinds of weather. The icy winters of Alaska in only the Navy dress blues was kinda rough to take especially when one didn't bring long johns on the trip. It was just as tough in the hot, wet days of Viet Nam or the really hot, dry ones of the ME deserts when in full battle dress.

It is these things that we should remember that our Troops are still going through especially in areas that they are also risking their lives just to be there and unlike some may think they are in fact doing so for all of us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 02:40:02 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I must also make one more comment. I am convinced that people in especially this part of the world take PEACE, SAFETY, FREEDOM, AND LIBERTY for granted. I think we are all guilty of not being thankful enough EVERY DAY TO GOD for Blessing us and to our Armed Forces for every drop of blood and sweat in securing and preserving our way of life. FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE! Freedom always has a terribly high price! This price must be paid to remain FREE! I am beginning to think that some people don't understand what it means to be FREE! The vast majority of us have never experienced slavery, torture, and abuse - SO, we can only imagine what it would be like to lose FREEDOM. Even the smallest FREEDOM was paid for by someone. As an example, there are places in the world where I could be executed for posting a message mentioning THANKS TO GOD! Mentioning the HOLY NAME OF JESUS CHRIST is even worse because HE will END evil and the devil. Everyone, including non-Christians, have a huge list of things to be thankful for in this part of the world. Sadly, there might be a time soon when we find out what it's like to lose our FREEDOM! As Christians, JESUS CHRIST has set us FREE from the curse of sin and death! In reality, GOD is the ONLY CERTAINTY AND ABSOLUTE GUARANTOR OF EVERY PROMISE HE'S EVER MADE TO US! In terms of mankind, we all need to learn how to properly appreciate those who have given us so much with so little in return. A heart-felt THANKS would be nice for just a START!

sentry

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 10:08:43 AM »

Well I too must make one last comment, I mean after-all I started this  Grin.  I couldn't agree more - FREEDOM ISN'T FREE.  It cost a lot through out our history. The war front had it's blood but on the home front, a lot was given also.  Many mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, wives gave so much and they shared in the pain. A broken heart is a wound that heals very slowly and sometimes not at all.  We need the comfort of a loving family, which I personally have felt through this thread here on the forum. Christ gives us His love through His word.  The comfort, joy and peace that He offers cannot be glorified enough.  He gives us strength when we need it the most.  A lot of times for a lot of us, it is in places and from family like all of you. From the bottom of my heart to all of you - Thank You 
Love in Christ
Monte

Every journey begins with one step, when the destination is reached the journey ends, with the next step another journey begins.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 11:40:15 AM »

A lot of times for a lot of us, it is in places and from family like all of you. From the bottom of my heart to all of you - Thank You 
Love in Christ
Monte

And you also brother. Thank you!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2008, 04:36:38 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

We had a wonderful family gathering for Thanksgiving on a little farm about 50 miles from us. It was definitely a beautiful time in the LORD, especially considering that the entire family is SAVED. The age range was 6 weeks to 87 years old in those attending. We've had some losses in our extended family since last year, but we know that they are in HEAVEN. Even the little ones are being taught what it means to be THANKFUL, and they are all being brought up in the LORD. As far as I'm concerned, just being brought up in the LORD makes a child very fortunate. The Bible tells us this is a parental duty for GOD since the child was given to us by GOD, but it's also a matter of love. The children know it and they feel it. It's a nice feeling watching the tiny ones with heavy expectations that they will become strong Christians when they get older. We should also know that things never work right unless GOD helps us, so we should all pray often that GOD helps us in raising our children.

I do give THANKSGIVING every day, but I don't get to see most of my extended family very frequently, especially in one place. We got to do a large list of things that can only be done in a free country with religious freedoms as one of the priorities. It was simply a beautiful time to give THANKS and reflect on all the Blessings that GOD has given us. Many of us getting to gather in the same place at the same time was an extra bonus, and everyone traveled to and from the gathering in safety. Our son is still here with us for a short period of time, and we've had a ball. Rich or poor, we all need to discern what our Blessings from GOD are and especially give THANKS for rescuing us from the curse of sin and death.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

John 6:35-40 NASB  Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. "But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

kernowlyn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 04:11:27 AM »

I recieved these from friends in New York and thought they are great tributes to the Veterans.

Mike Schafernocker, Vietnam 1968

Look God,
I have never spoken to you,
But now I want to say,
How do you do?

You see God,
They told me you didn’t exist,
And like a fool,
I believed all this.

Last night from a shell hole,
I saw your sky,
I figured right then,
They had told me a lie.

Had I taken time,
To see the things you’ve made,
I’d have known they weren’t calling,
A spade, a spade.

I wonder God,
If you’d take my hand?
Somehow I feel,
That you’ll understand.

Funny I had to come,
To this hellish place,
Before I had time,
To see your face.

Well I guess there isn’t,
Much more to say,
But I’m sure glad God,
I meet you today.

I guess the zero hour,
Will soon be here,
But I’m not afraid,
Since I know you’re near.
The signal, well God,
I’ll have to go,
I like you a lot,
So I want you to know.

Look now this will be,
A horrible fight,
Who knows I may come,
To your house tonight.

Though I wasn’t friendly,
To you before,
I wonder God,
If you’d wait at the door?

Look I’m crying,
Me, shedding tears!
I wish I had known you,
These many years.

Well God, I'll have to go,
Good-bye,
Strange now since I’ve meet you,
I’m not afraid to die.

Copyright © 1968 by
Michael E Schafernocker
Aviation Ordinanceman 2nd Class
U.S. Navy Seawolf

Born: Feb 28th, 1949
Died: April 28, 1969

[

T'was the night before Christmas……..a Soldier’s Parody

T'was the night before Christmas,
He lived all alone,
In a one bedroom house made of
Plaster and stone.

I had come down the chimney
With presents to give,
And to see just who
In this home did live.

I looked all about,
A strange sight I did see,
No tinsel, no presents,
Not even a tree.

No stocking by mantle,
Just boots filled with sand,
On the wall hung pictures
Of far distant lands.

With medals and badges,
Awards of all kinds,
A sober thought
Came through my mind.

For this house was different,
It was dark and dreary,
I found the home of a soldier,
Once I could see clearly.

The soldier lay sleeping,
Silent, alone,
Curled up on the floor
In this one bedroom home.

The face was so gentle,
The room in such disorder,
Not how I pictured
A United States soldier.

Was this the hero
Of whom I'd just read?
Curled up on a poncho,
The floor for a bed?

I realized the families
That I saw this night,
Owed their lives to these soldiers
Who were willing to fight.

Soon round the world,
The children would play,
And grownups would celebrate
A bright Christmas day.

They all enjoyed freedom
Each month of the year,
Because of the soldiers,
Like the one lying here.

I couldn't help wonder
How many lay alone,
On a cold Christmas eve
In a land far from home.

The very thought
Brought a tear to my eye,
I dropped to my knees
And started to cry.

The soldier awakened
And I heard a rough voice,
"Santa don't cry,
This life is my choice,

I fight for freedom,
I don't ask for more,
My life I defend,
My country, my corps."

The soldier rolled over
And soon drifted to sleep,
I couldn't control it,
I continued to weep.

I kept watch for hours,
So silent and still
And we both shivered
From the cold night's chill.

I didn't want to leave
On that cold, dark, night,
This guardian of honor
So willing to fight.

Then the soldier rolled over,
With a voice soft and pure,
Whispered, "Carry on Santa,
It's Christmas day, all is secure."

One look at my watch,
And I knew he was right.
"Merry Christmas my friend,
And to all a good night."

This poem was written by a marine stationed in Okinawa, Japan.

[/center]
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 04:21:46 PM »

I am in the Air Force. I have been in for a year now. I am stationed in Germany and I do stuff that I can't really talk about. I don't know when I will be deployed, but the AF is fun. I'm proud of my service, and glad that i've been given a chance to come overseas. Yes we're not with family during the Holiday season, but I got my wife with me so that's really all that matters right now. So You can count me as one of those who are currently in. Laterz

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 05:46:25 PM »

I am in the Air Force. I have been in for a year now. I am stationed in Germany and I do stuff that I can't really talk about. I don't know when I will be deployed, but the AF is fun. I'm proud of my service, and glad that i've been given a chance to come overseas. Yes we're not with family during the Holiday season, but I got my wife with me so that's really all that matters right now. So You can count me as one of those who are currently in. Laterz

Joshua

Hello Brother Joshua,

I pray for you often and sincerely appreciate your service. I'm glad to hear that your wife gets to be with you on this tour. I know there are some tours that the family must be left behind, and I can only imagine how hard this is. This would be especially true for families with children. If you remember, I was born and raised in Lawton Ft. Sill, Oklahoma, and this is where I've lived all of my life. So, many of my friends have been and are active duty or retired Military. I'll just say that they are my kind of people, and I'm happy to have them as friends and neighbors.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 1:14-17 NASB  And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. John *testified about Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'" For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.

preachervern

Victory In Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »

I to am a retired Vet having being in the Army as a Military Police  in the 82nd Airborne Division. I also served in the local National Guard, but even at my age I would go back in and do what I can for my country.  I think if there is enough of man and woman that would or could enlist for 60,90 or longer day's nothing but to teach class it would be a big help to our country since we have a shortage of troops.  I would like to go back in and preach at some of the base's but then again I wold get kick out for preaching his name Jesus.  I was ask to help out at the local VA Hospital as a minister but they told me what to say and not to say. I was sorry to have to turn down the troops but if I could not tell how God came unto my life then the VA don't need me.
sentry

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 12:07:51 AM »

I understand what you are saying preachervern.  I would stop in the VA hospital just to visit.  I was seen with my Bible and was told in some uncertain (very friendly) words to please not intimidate any of the patients. Huh, imagine that. So I sorta didn't open the Bible but the words just seem to come out in the right way. Amazing isn't it. The right words at the right time.  Now I wonder who made that possible  Roll Eyes

Every journey begins with one step, when the destination is reached the journey ends, with the next step another journey begins.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the