Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:23:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hello.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello.  (Read 2647 times)
sparky88uk

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2008, 01:00:35 PM »

Hello to everyone, just thought I would give a brief introduction to myself, I'm from Northern Ireland and am as old as my gums and slightly older than my teeth, I suppose if you want to label me I am a Bible believing Christian and that means all of it I don't quote from it to suit any agenda that is popular or unpopular, that I like or don't if it's there it is there for a reason.
I'm not long saved I know very little about anything but am willing to learn as long as I can square it with scriptures as given by God and not any manmade extras.
I would recommend the website I have in my profile only because the man David Legge tells everyone not to believe him but to check in the Bible for themselves.
Having said all this I think I can confidently put this quote in as being true of myself.

Romans 3:10-18 NIV

10As it is written:
   "There is no one righteous, not even one;
       11there is no one who understands,
      no one who seeks God.
    12All have turned away,
      they have together become worthless;
   there is no one who does good,
      not even one."[a]
    13"Their throats are open graves;
      their tongues practice deceit."
   "The poison of vipers is on their lips."[c]
       14"Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness."[d]
    15"Their feet are swift to shed blood;
       16ruin and misery mark their ways,
    17and the way of peace they do not know."[e]
       18"There is no fear of God before their eyes."[f]

Footnotes:

Romans 3:12 Psalms 14:1-3; 53:1-3; Eccles. 7:20
Romans 3:13 Psalm 5:9
Romans 3:13 Psalm 140:3
Romans 3:14 Psalm 10:7
Romans 3:17 Isaiah 59:7,8
Romans 3:18 Psalm 36:1 

And I said it would be brief?, just goes to show that God's word is true, my tongue practices deceit.

"From Genesis to Revelation, I believe it all".
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 04:16:03 PM »

Welcome to Christians Unite, Sparky, from a retired grandpa.  Grin

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Sandra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 04:25:40 PM »

Welcome to the forum Sparky

Sandra
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 11:25:34 PM »

Hello sparky, and welcome to Christians Unite forum. I'm also one of the resident grand-pa's.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 06:34:19 AM »

Hello Sparky,

I'm sorry to be so late in welcoming you, so WELCOME!

I hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward to having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 4:1-18 AMP  THEREFORE, SINCE we do hold and engage in this ministry by the mercy of God [granting us favor, benefits, opportunities, and especially salvation], we do not get discouraged (spiritless and despondent with fear) or become faint with weariness and exhaustion.  2  We have renounced disgraceful ways (secret thoughts, feelings, desires and underhandedness, the methods and arts that men hide through shame); we refuse to deal craftily (to practice trickery and cunning) or to adulterate or handle dishonestly the Word of God, but we state the truth openly (clearly and candidly). And so we commend ourselves in the sight and presence of God to every man's conscience.  3  But even if our Gospel (the glad tidings) also be hidden (obscured and covered up with a veil that hinders the knowledge of God), it is hidden [only] to those who are perishing and obscured [only] to those who are spiritually dying and veiled [only] to those who are lost.  4  For the god of this world has blinded the unbelievers' minds [that they should not discern the truth], preventing them from seeing the illuminating light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ (the Messiah), Who is the Image and Likeness of God.  5  For what we preach is not ourselves but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves [merely] as your servants (slaves) for Jesus' sake.  6  For God Who said, Let light shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts so as [to beam forth] the Light for the illumination of the knowledge of the majesty and glory of God [as it is manifest in the Person and is revealed] in the face of Jesus Christ (the Messiah). [Gen. 1:3.]  7  However, we possess this precious treasure [the divine Light of the Gospel] in [frail, human] vessels of earth, that the grandeur and exceeding greatness of the power may be shown to be from God and not from ourselves.  8  We are hedged in (pressed) on every side [troubled and oppressed in every way], but not cramped or crushed; we suffer embarrassments and are perplexed and unable to find a way out, but not driven to despair;  9  We are pursued (persecuted and hard driven), but not deserted [to stand alone]; we are struck down to the ground, but never struck out and destroyed;  10  Always carrying about in the body the liability and exposure to the same putting to death that the Lord Jesus suffered, so that the [resurrection] life of Jesus also may be shown forth by and in our bodies.  11  For we who live are constantly [experiencing] being handed over to death for Jesus' sake, that the [resurrection] life of Jesus also may be evidenced through our flesh which is liable to death.  12  Thus death is actively at work in us, but [it is in order that our] life [may be actively at work] in you.  13  Yet we have the same spirit of faith as he had who wrote, I have believed, and therefore have I spoken. We too believe, and therefore we speak, [Ps. 116:10.]  14  Assured that He Who raised up the Lord Jesus will raise us up also with Jesus and bring us [along] with you into His presence.  15  For all [these] things are [taking place] for your sake, so that the more grace (divine favor and spiritual blessing) extends to more and more people and multiplies through the many, the more thanksgiving may increase [and redound] to the glory of God.  16  Therefore we do not become discouraged (utterly spiritless, exhausted, and wearied out through fear). Though our outer man is [progressively] decaying and wasting away, yet our inner self is being [progressively] renewed day after day.  17  For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!],  18  Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting.

Bold4GodAttitude

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 11:39:13 AM »

Hi, Sparky. Glad to see someone else new here! I think you will find a wealth of information, plus friends here that will help you in your journey of learning and growth as a Christian.

"When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted." - Psalm 138:3
preachervern

Victory In Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 06:14:28 PM »

Hello to everyone, just thought I would give a brief introduction to myself, I'm from Northern Ireland and am as old as my gums and slightly older than my teeth, I suppose if you want to label me I am a Bible believing Christian and that means all of it I don't quote from it to suit any agenda that is popular or unpopular, that I like or don't if it's there it is there for a reason.
I'm not long saved I know very little about anything but am willing to learn as long as I can square it with scriptures as given by God and not any manmade extras.
I would recommend the website I have in my profile only because the man David Legge tells everyone not to believe him but to check in the Bible for themselves.
Having said all this I think I can confidently put this quote in as being true of myself.

10As it is written:
      no one who seeks God.
    12All have turned away,
      not even one."[a]

Footnotes:

And I said it would be brief?, just goes to show that God's word is true, my tongue practices deceit.

Welcome Sparky I to am new to the form, we both hang around and get old togeather.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 01:17:49 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

This thread and others is an excellent reminder to be like the Noble Bereans. All Christians should search the Scriptures daily. YES - we can and should use GOD'S WORD as a measuring stick for ALL TRUTH! GOD provided HIS WORD for many excellent reasons, and HE intended for us to use it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 12:2-3 NASB  "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation." Therefore you will joyously draw water From the springs of salvation.

May

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 12:10:58 PM »

I'm May .I'm a born again Christian, I live in Mauritius, a small island in the Indian Ocean. it's also called Paradise of the Indian Ocean. Please my eager to know more about God Word & your personal experience with JESUS CHRIST. HOPING YOU WILL REPLY MY REQUEST
preachervern

Victory In Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 10:04:49 AM »

Having said all this I think I can confidently put this quote in as being true of myself. Welcome its all good.

10As it is written:
      no one who seeks God.
    12All have turned away,
      not even one."[a]

Footnotes:

kangkongking

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 04:05:11 AM »

welcome and God bless!

To God be the greatest glory and praise Him throughout the days of our lives.
My Recommended Links: PeaceGospel l Biblos l Persecution l ChristianAnswers
May

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 01:26:38 PM »

Hi bless in the name of Jesus,
I,m May from Mauritius. Welcome in the name of Jesus. hoping you have enjoy a good day. Re-joy on the lord.In Jesus 's hand we are happy.Enjoy yourself & be happy
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 04:21:27 PM »

Hi May, good to see you.

Sorry I missed your request for people's testimonies. You can read mine here. http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=18131.0

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the