Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:47:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My Journey
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Journey  (Read 10899 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2007, 01:08:10 PM »

This is my testimony of my journey to and with our Lord. I am going to jump back and forth through time. Let's start at

present day.

Being in bed all the time, can't move and have pain and yet I am happy, why? Because I have accepted Jesus as

my savior. I know my pain is temperary. As I think about my journey, I think where I would be if I had not accepted

Jesus at a young age.

I was 12 and been to church for years and learned about God. One night I just accepted Jesus and felt good, but

still had much to learn.

When I was 16 I got really sick. I had tubes in my nose and throat, I wanted to die. I asked God why am I going

through this and felt he didn't love me. Soon I got a trach, it was scary for a while but I was thankful for it. A few weeks

later I was weaned off the ventilator but a few days later, lungs collapsed. I went back on the ventilator. The doctor

thought it was time to let go but I wanted to live. I would need ventilator at night.

Later that year I got an apartment with my brother Josh. I knew for sure God loved me.

When I was 20 I needed more care and needed to be in a hospital. I was sad but God gave me what I need.

Everything wasn't good though, since I couldn't get to church, God was put into the background. Around May 2005 I

realized I didn't know God as much anymore and that scared me. I asked God to help me know him and be close to

him again. It took a while but now I know him well and I feel him again.

Now I thank him every day for everything he has given me. I thank him for helping me through hard times. I thank him

for staying with me. I thank him for his love and mercy.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 03:10:36 PM »

Amen, brother a wonderful testimony. Even though we may move away from God and "feel" that He is no longer next to us we can rest assured that He is in fact there gently tugging at our hearts, telling us that He still loves us and guiding us in the right directions. Jesus promised that He would never leave nor forsake us and He does not lie. He has also promised us that even though we may have broken, fleshy bodies now when He returns to gather His own that we will have wonderful, glorified bodies. What a wonderful day that will be!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Debp
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 04:27:10 PM »

This is my testimony of my journey to and with our Lord. I am going to jump back and forth through time. Let's start at

present day.

Being in bed all the time, can't move and have pain and yet I am happy, why? Because I have accepted Jesus as

my savior. I know my pain is temperary. As I think about my journey, I think where I would be if I had not accepted

Jesus at a young age.

I was 12 and been to church for years and learned about God. One night I just accepted Jesus and felt good, but

still had much to learn.

When I was 16 I got really sick. I had tubes in my nose and throat, I wanted to die. I asked God why am I going

through this and felt he didn't love me. Soon I got a trach, it was scary for a while but I was thankful for it. A few weeks

later I was weaned off the ventilator but a few days later, lungs collapsed. I went back on the ventilator. The doctor

thought it was time to let go but I wanted to live. I would need ventilator at night.

Later that year I got an apartment with my brother Josh. I knew for sure God loved me.

When I was 20 I needed more care and needed to be in a hospital. I was sad but God gave me what I need.

Everything wasn't good though, since I couldn't get to church, God was put into the background. Around May 2005 I

realized I didn't know God as much anymore and that scared me. I asked God to help me know him and be close to

him again. It took a while but now I know him well and I feel him again.

Now I thank him every day for everything he has given me. I thank him for helping me through hard times. I thank him

for staying with me. I thank him for his love and mercy.

Thank you, David, for posting your inspiring testimony.  I'm glad to know you here in the forums.  Smiley  Please post any other thoughts about your journey later, if you wish.  Again, thanks for sharing this with us.

...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Eph. 4:1-3
Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 05:13:39 PM »

Thank you David for your message of hope, i know because I lost Him too and then found His presence again into me.He never leaves us, it  is us that push  Him back sometime without knowing it, you see we can not serve two master we believe and walk the walk or we don`t,God see the heart.thank you, again ,David for your help.love in Jesus Def.xx .."We have to respect the need of our soul and nourish it in the WORD every day like we do our bodies  and God respect`s that and fill us with the fruits of His Spirit and fulfill our needs ..David you and i know that it is a Spirit thing not a body thing. the Life of the Spirit comes first when we are borne again and then the body.. but we Got to look for it every day like mature healthy Spirit fill  Bride of Christ,..well David it is me again Def..xx well good night David let us hide and snuggle with Jesus in God.OK.OK
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 05:16:06 PM by Def » Logged

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 05:19:57 PM »

Thank you David for your message of hope, i know because I lost Him too and then found His presence again into me.He never leaves us, it  is us that push  Him back sometime without knowing it, you see we can not serve two master we believe and walk the walk or we don`t,God see the heart.thank you, again ,David for your help.love in Jesus Def.xx .."We have to respect the need of our soul and nourish it in the WORD every day like we do our bodies  and God respect`s that and fill us with the fruits of His Spirit and fulfill our needs ..David you and i know that it is a Spirit thing not a body thing. the Life of the Spirit comes first when we are borne again and then the body.. but we Got to look for it every day like mature healthy Spirit fill  Bride of Christ,..well David it is me again Def..xx well good night David let us hide and snuggle with Jesus in God.OK.OK
hush sweet David sleep tight..Jesus.

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »

Amen,That is a wonderful testimony brother.

Something you may not know brother, your in my daily prayers. 

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 01:36:18 AM »

amen

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the