Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:47:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  JEWISH!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JEWISH!!  (Read 8867 times)
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2003, 08:22:02 PM »

****eliyosef****

So you can not say "Jesus is the Son of GOD" or "Jesus is Lord"

read john 4:1-6

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2003, 09:02:49 PM »

ok the virgin birth of jesus disproves him because 1. the idea of "virgin birth" is foreign to Jewish thought(i.e. greek mythology) the hebrew word "Almah" does not mean virgin it means "young woman" the Hebrew word "Betulah" means "Virgin" the latter(Almah) was used in Isaiah 7:14 and second of all the lineage of Jesus fail him because no messiah can go throught he cursed King Jeconiah (i.e. Jeremiah 22:28-30) where it says that no one of his seed will sit on the throne of David nor rule in Judah.  even so if you use the Line in luke there is one problem with that the line is not of legitimate messianic lineage it goes through David's son Nathan not Solomon. The line must go from David to Solomon and on down after Solomon it doesnt matter who it comes from it must be a descendant of Solomon, but in Jeconiah's case he cannot be an ancestor of the messiah because of His curse. The messiah must have a direct line to David in order to be the messiah and it must go through ones father because Jewish lineage is patrilineal (i.e. the book of Numbers chapter 1). So with the Virgin birth he has no line to David. His mother's line doesnt count because of the Torah prohibition..  With the "Virgin birth" no line to King David even if he did he is caught by the curse of Jeconiah.  all in all Jesus was a good candidate for Deuteronomy 13. Smiley but he was certainly not the messiah because he failed to mee the most basic criteria.
When it all boils down the Jewish messiah is a mortla man with earthly parent a direct line to King David who will bring to the earth an era of Peace and prosperity ( something that is greatly missing in this world) Smiley
Jesus' father is God. Very good lineage in that it is God and He gave the law to the Israelites as a schoolmaster to Christ and a shadow of things to come, THE TRUE.

Support your local Christian.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2003, 04:13:14 AM »

The prophecy you are quoting in Isaiah 7:14 is a part of christian mistranslation of the hebrew word "Almah"  is the word for A young woman who is married or of marrying age. the hebrew word for Virgin is "Betulah"

If you'd done your homework, you would have noticed that virgin is not a Christian mistranslation of anything.   Matthew (like all the New Testament authors) quotes from the LXX (the Jewish Greek translation of the scriptures), which does have virgin (or rather, a greek word that translates accurately as virgin).

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
eliyosef
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2003, 12:54:09 PM »

Actually if you did your homework you would find out that in fact you are reading from a Christian mistranslation the LXX came about in 300 C.E. which was a translation of many prophetic books and writings by christians many by the church father Origen.  The original Septuagint was written much earlier around 2 century B.C.E. and included only the Torah(or the first five books), the Torah was translated by the 72 translators in Alexandria. I can cite Josephus and the book antiquities for the reference and The Talmud on the accuracy note of when and where and what was translated. so yes you are reading a mistranslation and yes i did and still do my homework on this stuff Grin
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2003, 01:31:49 PM »

****eliyosef****

Didnt think so....

eliyosef
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2003, 01:55:54 PM »

****eliyosef****

Didnt think so....

the truth of the matter Jabez is that christian doctrine is not Jewish doctrine.  christian doctrine is a greek doctrine. So no, only G-d is G-d and we are all children of G-d  John4:1-6 is christian not Jewish   Numbers 23:19, Hosea 11:9, Job 9:32, and Deuteronomy 4:15; God is not a man nor is he a son of man by the citing of all these verses of the Tanakh(bible) The Torah and the rest of Tanakh disprove not only the claim of his godhood but of his son of godhood. So no, I will not say jesus is anything more than a first century Jew, that is if he existed because verylittle beyond the christian doctrine mentions him not even Josephus mentions him in his writings. actually I will say he was something the false prophet and or diviner of Deuteronomy 13
eliyosef
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2003, 02:05:49 PM »

Jesus' father is God. Very good lineage in that it is God and He gave the law to the Israelites as a schoolmaster to Christ and a shadow of things to come, THE TRUE.

quoting you just proves him not to be messiah claiming no link to david as messiah just shoots his messianic claim in the foot Sad.  He reminds me of Hercules who had no mortal father but his father was one of the gods "Zeus" so hercules also had a very good lineage in greek mythology as well a son of god(Zeus) Grin. odd the similarities of Greek mythology and christianity but no similarities of Judaism and greek mythology I wonder what happened Huh
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2003, 02:51:30 PM »

Ok so what do you claim?

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2003, 03:44:36 PM »

Eliyoseph, you seem to worship men more than you do God. If Josephus doesn't mention Jesus, then Jesus must not have existed because Josephus never lies. Never mind that the OT of the Bible prophesies Christ and the NT is all about Him. The bible doesn't count. In the Jewish religion only parts of the bible count, not the whole thing. They have to discount parts of the truth to perpetuate their beliefs. But Jesus said that their father is the father of lies so this only confirms His words.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2003, 07:51:45 PM »

quoting you just proves him not to be messiah claiming no link to david as messiah just shoots his messianic claim in the foot Sad.  He reminds me of Hercules who had no mortal father but his father was one of the gods "Zeus" so hercules also had a very good lineage in greek mythology as well a son of god(Zeus) Grin. odd the similarities of Greek mythology and christianity but no similarities of Judaism and greek mythology I wonder what happened Huh
God is God and His will be done.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2003, 07:58:28 PM »

Romans 1:3.  Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
4.  And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

eliyosef
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2003, 02:00:34 PM »

Eliyoseph, you seem to worship men more than you do God. If Josephus doesn't mention Jesus, then Jesus must not have existed because Josephus never lies. Never mind that the OT of the Bible prophesies Christ and the NT is all about Him. The bible doesn't count. In the Jewish religion only parts of the bible count, not the whole thing. They have to discount parts of the truth to perpetuate their beliefs. But Jesus said that their father is the father of lies so this only confirms His words.
First of all im not the one who worship's man such as christains do, I worship the Eternal G-d of Israel.  Now i seriously doubt you know who Josephus is, He was a First century Historian who recorded the acts of the History of the Jewish peoplein teh first century he recorded such people as Pontius Pilate, King Herod just to name a few.  not only were Josephus recordings accurate but the detail many things that happened then that are verifiable by archaeology. it is very obvious that you know very little about Judaism the whole bible counts in Judaism (Genesis through Chronicles) the greek book you all call christian bible is just that greek and not Jewish. I never discopunt parts of any truth in the Tanakh in fact is a great part of the History of the people from which it came yes i mean the Jewish people. The message that was conveyed is for all time and the Rabbis and Sages are here to remind us of the message of Tanakh, G-d said all he needed to say to humanity in Tanakh and they(the Rabbis and Sages) are here to reminds us of that message. apparently that is incorrect jesus father who was ,more than likely not G-d, was a liar or more over a deceiver he was probably the son of Baal who was trying to get a foothold back on the world and stir the Israelites from the Worship of the G-d of Israel Cheesy. and what you said only makes jesus easier to disprove Wink
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2003, 02:56:52 PM »

Can you say or even spell the word GOD?Why always G-d?Even thought this is a forum i feel something is wrong with what you are saying.Little hints iam picking up on and your style is something else.To me it seems your heart is hardened not open to GOD and his word.I will pray for you that you will find what you are looking for.Iam nothing without him!

eliyosef
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2003, 04:02:35 PM »

Can you say or even spell the word GOD?Why always G-d?Even thought this is a forum i feel something is wrong with what you are saying.Little hints iam picking up on and your style is something else.To me it seems your heart is hardened not open to GOD and his word.I will pray for you that you will find what you are looking for.Iam nothing without him!
ok first of all my writing the title of the almighty as G-d goes back to the biblical commandment to not erase the name of G-d that also applies to G-d's titles( i.e. Deuteronomy 12:3-4)
Jabez my heart is more than open to the word of G-d which is  G-d's Torah, the words of the Prophets(Nevi'im) and G-d's inspired Writings(Ketuvim). The greek book you call the "NT" is not a part of the Word of G-d it is purely greek and foreign to Jewish scripture. though written by greek jews it is still greek with signets of greek mythology in it. We are all nothing without G-d, more so I will pray for your finding the truth in The L-RD G-d( HaShem Eloheynu)

Question answered
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2003, 05:05:36 PM »

Now I'm beginning to understand where you are coming from, Eliyoseph. You put your faith in words and rules but you don't know God personally. You worship words and phrases. Your beliefs are contigent upon obeying the law. What happens if you die before the Day of Atonement? Also, what happens if you miss one of the sacrifices? Even if you obey everything, how can you become perfect enough to get into heaven?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the