Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:34:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  JEWISH!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: JEWISH!!  (Read 8855 times)
eliyosef
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2003, 11:31:36 AM »

Now I'm beginning to understand where you are coming from, Eliyoseph. You put your faith in words and rules but you don't know God personally. You worship words and phrases. Your beliefs are contigent upon obeying the law. What happens if you die before the Day of Atonement? Also, what happens if you miss one of the sacrifices? Even if you obey everything, how can you become perfect enough to get into heaven?

Now your reaching Heidi and have not a bit of understanding I worship the Eternal G-d and Believe in His Torah as it was Given to Moses and His messages relayed by the Prophets.  I worship the G-d of my anscestors. the Torah of G-d is Eternal and Perfect(Psalms 19:8-9)  My beliefs are In G-d and obeying His Torah is the covenant that G-d told us to observe and such is rewarding by (Ecclesiastes 12:7) The day of Atonement is not the only day we have to attone for sins nor is it the only way, Living by the ways of G-d and helping those in need, an act of charity in good faith,are only a few.

to get inot heaven and be with G-d I will referr you to Ecclesiastes 12:7 to tell you what happens after I die. I hope you read the posted scriptures.  So no Heidi you do not understand, Reading and doing what G-d gave us and told us to do is to know G-d personally and observing the eternal Torah we are enriched by G-d as His people and He as our G-d
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2003, 02:18:02 PM »

Actually I have read those scriptures. The conclusion of Ecclesiastes is that everything is meaningless because the wicked go to the same place as the "good." Soloman's conclusion was to do what God wants you to do for it is the duty of man. This was before Christ came and brought heaven to the earth. If the sole duty of the Jews is to live a "good" life, then why are they waiting for the Messiah?Why aren't their acts on this earth good enough?
eliyosef
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2003, 03:09:31 PM »

Actually I have read those scriptures. The conclusion of Ecclesiastes is that everything is meaningless because the wicked go to the same place as the "good." Soloman's conclusion was to do what God wants you to do for it is the duty of man. This was before Christ came and brought heaven to the earth. If the sole duty of the Jews is to live a "good" life, then why are they waiting for the Messiah?Why aren't their acts on this earth good enough?

The Jews wait on the Messiah to usher in a Messianic era of peace and prosperity, where Disease will end, and racial hatred will not exist and the third temple will be built on the temple mount in Jerusalem. The fact that we live a good life( turning to G-d and His Torah) is for our personal favor with G-d in hopes that the messiah or messianic age will come so that we can all live the good life together. the Messiah who will be a Davidic king who will be G-d's instrument to usher this era. In much like the prophets gave their message to the people G-d shows there that G-d helps His people. Christ did not bring Heaven to Earth in fact if he brought heaven to earth why is there still conflict and war, and disease, and racial hatred??  These things are what the messiah will do away with when he comes... It is not teh good acts of our lives that will bring the Messiah and the messianic age but the return to G-d and G-d's Torah that will bring the prophet Elijah, then Elijah will announce who the messiah(king) is and he will do all of those wonderful things in his lifetime..
The messiah will have a family, will be a normal human living in the world and die a very peaceful death at a ripe old age Smiley
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2003, 04:02:57 PM »

You can have heaven on earth but the Jews don't want to change themselves, they want to change everybody else. So they hope for a king who will destroy their enemies instead of seeing that the enemy is in their own hearts just like it is in the hearts of everyone. Jesus said the only way to change your heart is to admit you sin and receive forgiveness but the Jews don't want to admit they sin so they have rejected Jesus. Unfortunately, what is not admitted cannot be changed. The answer is right under your noses but it destroys the illusion that you're righteous and so you have refused it. Because of that, you will not enter heaven.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2003, 07:23:32 PM »

How do the jewish sacrifices for sin take place today and since 70 A.D, with no temple? No levitical priests?
No record of lineage since Rome destroyed the temple and records? Much of it destroyed by the Jews of that day with inner strifes among themselves.
How does Judaism fulfill and obey the word of God today without the temple, the priesthood, the high priest, animal sacrifices?

Where has true Judaism disapeared to and why is it so adulterated by those who claim it to be still in effect? Judaism today resembles the provocation in the wilderness.

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2003, 09:43:14 PM »

Jesus' father is God. Very good lineage in that it is God and He gave the law to the Israelites as a schoolmaster to Christ and a shadow of things to come, THE TRUE.

quoting you just proves him not to be messiah claiming no link to david as messiah just shoots his messianic claim in the foot Sad.  He reminds me of Hercules who had no mortal father but his father was one of the gods "Zeus" so hercules also had a very good lineage in greek mythology as well a son of god(Zeus) Grin. odd the similarities of Greek mythology and christianity but no similarities of Judaism and greek mythology I wonder what happened Huh
Is there any similarities between Judaism and Babylonian or Eygptian mythology?

Most false religions contain some bits and pieces of the truth.

eliyosef
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2003, 02:16:56 PM »

Jesus' father is God. Very good lineage in that it is God and He gave the law to the Israelites as a schoolmaster to Christ and a shadow of things to come, THE TRUE.

quoting you just proves him not to be messiah claiming no link to david as messiah just shoots his messianic claim in the foot Sad.  He reminds me of Hercules who had no mortal father but his father was one of the gods "Zeus" so hercules also had a very good lineage in greek mythology as well a son of god(Zeus) Grin. odd the similarities of Greek mythology and christianity but no similarities of Judaism and greek mythology I wonder what happened Huh

Mithraism was an offshoot of Zoroastrianism who verenerated around Mithras the savior/god of humanity as it put. with a virgin birth, and sacrificial death and ressurection and came out of Persian Zoroastrianism.  "Judaism is a G-d in history religion"  Mithraism was influenced heavily by mythology obviously and this same concept can be found in Christianity as well as Greek mystery school religions, Hinduism, and other minor sects of religions in north and South America.  Judaism though it evolved throughout many ages resisted the mythology factor of semi-divine human beings and stayed with the G-d of our ancestors, the G-d of history. The other religion that doesnt do this is Islam they resisted the human/god savior mythology also and Stayed with Allah(G-d in arabic). So to say most all religions show patterns of similarity except two Judaism and Islam even these two are very similar in their beliefs but that is a whole different discussion that I would be more than happy to start. Smiley
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2003, 07:23:58 PM »

Mithraism was an offshoot of Zoroastrianism who verenerated around Mithras the savior/god of humanity as it put. with a virgin birth, and sacrificial death and ressurection and came out of Persian Zoroastrianism.  "Judaism is a G-d in history religion"  Mithraism was influenced heavily by mythology obviously and this same concept can be found in Christianity as well as Greek mystery school religions, Hinduism, and other minor sects of religions in north and South America.  Judaism though it evolved throughout many ages resisted the mythology factor of semi-divine human beings and stayed with the G-d of our ancestors, the G-d of history. The other religion that doesnt do this is Islam they resisted the human/god savior mythology also and Stayed with Allah(G-d in arabic). So to say most all religions show patterns of similarity except two Judaism and Islam even these two are very similar in their beliefs but that is a whole different discussion that I would be more than happy to start. Smiley
Christ fullfilled the law of Moses so Christ is the fullfillment of Judaism. Judaism is no longer recognised or does it exist. Do you practice it? I think not. I have yet to find Judaism practiced today. Can the lineage of the tribe of Levi be traced in order to have priests today?  

You seem to ignore posts that prove you wrong and come up with opinionated thoughts about hellenism, Greek mythology, etc, etc.

If you knew the doctrine of Christ you could never compare Christ and His doctrine with any thing but God. To compare it with mythology is ignorant.

Keep Trolling!  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the