Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:42:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  problem with staying logged into sites
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: problem with staying logged into sites  (Read 7406 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2008, 06:25:59 AM »

for the last few days whenever I close firefox, it logs me out of everything. I don't know how to check if cookies been disabled.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 06:36:10 AM »

GOOD MORNING BROTHER DAVID!

I'll have to think about this for a minute. The title of your thread is what I'm thinking about. Give me a minute to look at a few things and I'll be back.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 06:43:30 AM »

Hello Brother David,

Cookies are configured under "Preferences - Privacy". I have mine set to keep cookies until they expire.

I'm a little bit confused by "staying logged in". Do you mean that you didn't sign out, but you have to log on again when you come back?

If so, something would be wrong with the way that Firefox is handling cookies. If you give the command at log on to Christians Unite to stay logged on forever, it should stay that way until you push the sign out button. My version of Firefox is for Linux, but they are almost identical. Look for "Preferences" in your menu - tab to "Privacy" and check your setting for cookies.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 07:05:23 AM »

Hello Again Brother David,

If you're having problems finding the "Preferences" menu, click each main Firefox menu item at the top and see what's under each one. "Preferences" should probably be under either "File", "Edit", or "Tools". Once you find it - click "Preferences". You should then see one tab for "Privacy". Click the "Privacy" tab and you should only see a couple of settings. One will be for cookies. Choose "keep cookies until they expire".

Please note that some commands on Firefox can erase your cookies. External programs can also erase cookies and other cache information that Firefox uses. Many people who want to practice the best security measures use programs that regularly erase Internet activity - including cookies. If you have recently installed a new security program of some sort, you might have it set to keep your browser history clean and empty. For high security, this might be good if you are visiting high risk sites that could install some bad things on your computer. However, Christians Unite is not high risk, and most sites are NOT. If you have a security program regularly erasing everything, you are also losing speed. Firefox uses the cache to speed things up dramatically, so erasing this cache should only be done if you visit high risk sites or think your computer has been infected with something.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 94 - 2 Samuel 22:2 And he said, The LORD is my
rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 10:14:29 AM »

Just in case you're still not sure how to check what Brother Tom is talking about.

Click on Tools and then on Options. Click the Privacy tab then make sure the cookies read Keep until they expire. Also under Private Data on that same tab if you have the box checked for "Clear my private data when I close Firefox" you can either un-check that box or if you want some of that to clear except the cookies you can then click on the settings button right next to that. You should get a window that pops up with various boxes. Ensure the box is not checked for Cookies.

I hope this helps.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 10:25:39 AM »

it is set to keep until expire and I haven't installed anything new. I stay logged in until I close firefox.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 10:32:10 AM »

My wife had that problem. She had the "Keep until they expire" set but she also had "Clear my private data when I close Firefox" set. Did you check that?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 10:44:11 AM »

yes but it isn't checked

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 11:30:28 AM »

Try clearing all of your cookies and then come back and log in to establish a new cookie see if that helps. Occasionally a cookie can get corrupted and cause some problems with this.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 01:04:06 PM »

didn't work

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 01:18:25 PM »

I'm left with a blank unless, like Brother Tom said, there is another program on your system that may be causing the problem.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 01:38:40 PM »

I did a search on this problem and it seems that many others have been having the same problem especially with Firefox 3.

One of the things that they mentioned is the "Remember passwords for sites" under the Security tab. This needs to be checked. If it is checked make sure that Christians Unite is not listed in the exceptions file.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 02:43:26 PM »

it is checked and no exceptions

Using firefox 3

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 03:55:29 PM »

I just checked my "Remember passwords for sites" and the exemptions. I just checked mine and I didn'[t have to have the box checked and still got back on the forum without having to log in. Try unchecking the box and seeing what happens. Remember when logging in to CU to make it "forever".

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 03:31:50 PM »

that made it worse

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the