Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:51:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Russia, Iraq and WMD's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Russia, Iraq and WMD's  (Read 1099 times)
bronzesnake

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2008, 12:15:56 PM »

Hello my friends.
I can't count how may times I've been berated by people about there being no WDM's in Iraq while discussing the topic.
I recal watching CNN in the weeks and days prior to the war and seeing a huge convoy of covered military trucks leaving weapon bunkers and heading for Syria. There were literally hundreads of them, and CNN only showed the satelite image once and I never saw it again...hmmmm.
Believe me I kept my eyes glued to CNN waiting to see it again, and it was simply gone!

Here's some very interesting articles which address these "missing" wdm's I know you'll like it!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/oct/28/20041028-122637-6257r/

http://www.washtimes.com/news/2006/feb/19/20060219-092126-1788r/

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/02/22/fox-conspiracy/

http://sunnyeside.blogspot.com/2006/02/so-there-were-wmd-in-iraq-after-all.html

http://usawakeup.org/russiamovedwmd.htm

John

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 12:24:36 PM by bronzesnake » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 02:32:29 PM »

Hello Brother John,

It's past morning, so I'll just say GOOD'AY MATE! The Aussies tell me that covers the whole day. I have four Aussie friends I went to school with for 16 weeks, and I really enjoyed their accents, different ways of saying things, and their sense of humor.

Brother, I do remember the intelligence reports, and I specifically remember seeing the same pictures you did. The trucks were Russian, so I'll just imagine that incident represented a major political event. I always wondered why that wasn't followed up, but I guess it pertained to possible BIG consequences with Russia and the possibility of destabilizing the entire world. YES - THE WMD WENT TO THE BECCA VALLEY IN SYRIA VIA RUSSIAN TRUCKS!

Anyone with common sense could have put two plus two together and come up with four every time, but they chose not to. I feel quite sure there is lots of evidence we didn't get to see, and everything appeared to be a giant game that could blow up at any moment. I'm positive that we have the technology to read car tags from satellites, so we could only imagine that we saw very poor photos compared to what they had. There's really only one interesting question left to ask:  "What would the consequences have been if we provided proof to the world that Russia moved the WMD at a strategic time? I also feel quite sure there is much more we will never be told about. The world political stage was and is a powder keg with the fuse lit. Embarrassing another country or countries just might have costs associated that are too high to pay, so politics becomes more important than the truth.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Christian Quotes 60 - "You have nothing to do but to save souls.
Therefore spend and be spent in this work. And go not only to those
that need you, but to those that need you most… It is not your
business to preach so many times, and to take care of this or that
society; but to save as many souls as you can; to bring as many
sinners as you possibly can to repentance." -- John Wesley

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 03:32:34 PM »

I agree completely. There is no doubt that Russia aided them just as they are doing with Iran right now. The Bible also gives us an account that Russia will play a big part along with muslim states in a major war against Israel.

Yes, the world is sitting on a powder keg and providing such proof against Russia could be the catalyst to set it off.

Unfortunately this information will be disregarded by many others as it fits their political agenda to do so, especially the violent anti-war group and those using them to gain more power.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 04:31:20 PM »

Hello Pastor Roger,

Brother, I know that the people involved in this conversation believe in Bible Prophecy 100%. GOD Said that we will have wars and rumors of wars, AND WE HAVE! GOD Said we would have many other horrible things to go with the WARS and the times would be harder than the world has ever seen. WE BELIEVE IT and think these times are soon. The SEVEN YEAR TRIBULATION PERIOD will be an ABSOLUTE REALITY! No power will be able to slow, hasten, or stop it. It really won't matter what mankind wants. The course and events were mapped out thousands of years ago. The devil and evil will be turned loose first, and people will be able to see the unimagined horror of evil. Most of the people of the earth will die, and the terror will be beyond belief. The only event that can stop it is the SECOND COMING OF CHRIST IN GREAT WRATH! CHRIST will provide absolute proof that HE is GOD, and HE will take what is HIS, including HIS Throne in Jerusalem as the anointed and rightful KING of the Jews. CHRIST will crush evil and reserve it for Eternal Judgment!

YES - I think that the times are soon, AND I'M READY! Only GOD knows, but maybe mankind has seen the last of any real peace UNTIL CHRIST HIMSELF ESTABLISHES PEACE ON THE EARTH! As for Christians, we already have Peace with GOD, and that's all that really matters for us. GOD'S Promises to us are YEAH and AMEN, and we are already safe and secure in HIS MIGHTY HANDS! What happens in this short life is NOTHING compared to ETERNITY WITH CHRIST! We simply need to keep our eyes on JESUS and KEEP LOOKING UP! We have a JOYOUS HOMECOMING to look forward to! If we get discouraged, we simply need to look at the Promises of GOD to us and KNOW they will be fulfilled perfectly!

HIS KINGDOM COME - AND IT WILL BOTH IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Christian Quotes 69 - The invasion of the Church by the world is a
menace to the extension of Christ's Kingdom. In all ages conformity to
the world by Christians has resulted in lack of spiritual life and a
consequent lack of spiritual vision and enterprise. A secularized or
self-centered Church can never evangelize the world." -- John R. Mott
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:34:39 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 09:30:23 PM »

Hello Brother John,

It's past morning, so I'll just say GOOD'AY MATE! The Aussies tell me that covers the whole day. I have four Aussie friends I went to school with for 16 weeks, and I really enjoyed their accents, different ways of saying things, and their sense of humor.

Brother, I do remember the intelligence reports, and I specifically remember seeing the same pictures you did. The trucks were Russian, so I'll just imagine that incident represented a major political event. I always wondered why that wasn't followed up, but I guess it pertained to possible BIG consequences with Russia and the possibility of destabilizing the entire world. YES - THE WMD WENT TO THE BECCA VALLEY IN SYRIA VIA RUSSIAN TRUCKS!

Anyone with common sense could have put two plus two together and come up with four every time, but they chose not to. I feel quite sure there is lots of evidence we didn't get to see, and everything appeared to be a giant game that could blow up at any moment. I'm positive that we have the technology to read car tags from satellites, so we could only imagine that we saw very poor photos compared to what they had. There's really only one interesting question left to ask:  "What would the consequences have been if we provided proof to the world that Russia moved the WMD at a strategic time? I also feel quite sure there is much more we will never be told about. The world political stage was and is a powder keg with the fuse lit. Embarrassing another country or countries just might have costs associated that are too high to pay, so politics becomes more important than the truth.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Christian Quotes 60 - "You have nothing to do but to save souls.
Therefore spend and be spent in this work. And go not only to those
that need you, but to those that need you most… It is not your
business to preach so many times, and to take care of this or that
society; but to save as many souls as you can; to bring as many
sinners as you possibly can to repentance." -- John Wesley

Hey fellas...

Tom I couldn't agree with you more strongly; in fact I have stated almost verbatim exactly what you just wrote to many others. Some wonder, while most roll their eyes and scoff.
Very few understand the intricacies of world politics and foolishly allow themselves to be forcefed their world views through CNN.

I'm off for a week to my sister Lynda's and am meeting our other sister "Lesley" for the first time...well it'll be the first time I've met her, Lynda and Lesley as well as our third sister Brenda (who I am yet to meet) lived together from birth.
Very excited, and will be riding Lynda's horses!

Take care my friends.

John
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 03:12:17 AM »

Hey fellas...

Tom I couldn't agree with you more strongly; in fact I have stated almost verbatim exactly what you just wrote to many others. Some wonder, while most roll their eyes and scoff.
Very few understand the intricacies of world politics and foolishly allow themselves to be forcefed their world views through CNN.

I'm off for a week to my sister Lynda's and am meeting our other sister "Lesley" for the first time...well it'll be the first time I've met her, Lynda and Lesley as well as our third sister Brenda (who I am yet to meet) lived together from birth.

Take care my friends.

John

Brother John,

I'm happy to hear that you are having some good and fascinating times with your family. The circumstances you describe would be hard for most to even imagine. I'll be praying that GOD is with you for a very good time.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 357 - Proverbs 3:19-20 The LORD by wisdom hath
founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.
20 By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down
the dew.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 03:55:05 AM »

Hey fellas...

Take care my friends.

John

Hi John - My best to you and your reunion!  I hope it's wonderful.  I have a half sister that I didn't meet until I was in my 30's.  We always knew about each other and even pen-pal'd when we were in high school.  Turns out that we are very much alike!  She has been out to visit me in Seattle twice and we've had the best time.  I hope we'll be able to do it again someday.  She was raised in Tenn. and Ala. and I was raised in the Northwest.
I'll keep you in my prayers!
In Christ,
Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 11:34:25 PM »

US removes uranium from Iraq

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

What's now left is the final and complicated push to clean up the remaining radioactive debris at the former Tuwaitha nuclear complex about 12 miles south of Baghdad — using teams that include Iraqi experts recently trained in the Chernobyl fallout zone in Ukraine.

"Everyone is very happy to have this safely out of Iraq," said a senior U.S. official who outlined the nearly three-month operation to The Associated Press. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject.

While yellowcake alone is not considered potent enough for a so-called "dirty bomb" — a conventional explosive that disperses radioactive material — it could stir widespread panic if incorporated in a blast. Yellowcake also can be enriched for use in reactors and, at higher levels, nuclear weapons using sophisticated equipment.

The Iraqi government sold the yellowcake to a Canadian uranium producer, Cameco Corp., in a transaction the official described as worth "tens of millions of dollars." A Cameco spokesman, Lyle Krahn, declined to discuss the price, but said the yellowcake will be processed at facilities in Ontario for use in energy-producing reactors.

"We are pleased ... that we have taken (the yellowcake) from a volatile region into a stable area to produce clean electricity," he said.

The deal culminated more than a year of intense diplomatic and military initiatives — kept hushed in fear of ambushes or attacks once the convoys were under way: first carrying 3,500 barrels by road to Baghdad, then on 37 military flights to the Indian Ocean atoll of Diego Garcia and finally aboard a U.S.-flagged ship for a 8,500-mile trip to Montreal.

And, in a symbolic way, the mission linked the current attempts to stabilize Iraq with some of the high-profile claims about Saddam's weapons capabilities in the buildup to the 2003 invasion.

Accusations that Saddam had tried to purchase more yellowcake from the African nation of Niger — and an article by a former U.S. ambassador refuting the claims — led to a wide-ranging probe into Washington leaks that reached high into the Bush administration.

Tuwaitha and an adjacent research facility were well known for decades as the centerpiece of Saddam's nuclear efforts.

Israeli warplanes bombed a reactor project at the site in 1981. Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said.

U.S. and Iraqi forces have guarded the 23,000-acre site — surrounded by huge sand berms — following a wave of looting after Saddam's fall that included villagers toting away yellowcake storage barrels for use as drinking water cisterns.

Yellowcake is obtained by using various solutions to leach out uranium from raw ore and can have a corn meal-like color and consistency. It poses no severe risk if stored and sealed properly. But exposure carries well-documented health concerns associated with heavy metals such as damage to internal organs, experts say.

"The big problem comes with any inhalation of any of the yellowcake dust," said Doug Brugge, a professor of public health issues at the Tufts University School of Medicine.

Moving the yellowcake faced numerous hurdles.

Diplomats and military leaders first weighed the idea of shipping the yellowcake overland to Kuwait's port on the Persian Gulf. Such a route, however, would pass through Iraq's Shiite heartland and within easy range of extremist factions, including some that Washington claims are aided by Iran. The ship also would need to clear the narrow Strait of Hormuz at the mouth of the Gulf, where U.S. and Iranian ships often come in close contact.

Kuwaiti authorities, too, were reluctant to open their borders to the shipment despite top-level lobbying from Washington.

An alternative plan took shape: shipping out the yellowcake on cargo planes.

But the yellowcake still needed a final destination. Iraqi government officials sought buyers on the commercial market, where uranium prices spiked at about $120 per pound last year. It's currently selling for about half that. The Cameco deal was reached earlier this year, the official said.

At that point, U.S.-led crews began removing the yellowcake from the Saddam-era containers — some leaking or weakened by corrosion — and reloading the material into about 3,500 secure barrels.

In April, truck convoys started moving the yellowcake from Tuwaitha to Baghdad's international airport, the official said. Then, for two weeks in May, it was ferried in 37 flights to Diego Garcia, a speck of British territory in the Indian Ocean where the U.S. military maintains a base.

On June 3, an American ship left the island for Montreal, said the official, who declined to give further details about the operation.

The yellowcake wasn't the only dangerous item removed from Tuwaitha.

Earlier this year, the military withdrew four devices for controlled radiation exposure from the former nuclear complex. The lead-enclosed irradiation units, used to decontaminate food and other items, contain elements of high radioactivity that could potentially be used in a weapon, according to the official. Their Ottawa-based manufacturer, MDS Nordion, took them back for free, the official said.

The yellowcake was the last major stockpile from Saddam's nuclear efforts, but years of final cleanup is ahead for Tuwaitha and other smaller sites.

The U.N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency plans to offer technical expertise.

Last month, a team of Iraqi nuclear experts completed training in the Ukrainian ghost town of Pripyat, which once housed the Chernobyl workers before the deadly meltdown in 1986, said an IAEA official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the decontamination plan has not yet been publicly announced.

But the job ahead is enormous, complicated by digging out radioactive "hot zones" entombed in concrete during Saddam's rule, said the IAEA official. Last year, an IAEA safety expert, Dennis Reisenweaver, predicted the cleanup could take "many years."

The yellowcake issue also is one of the many troubling footnotes of the war for Washington.

A CIA officer, Valerie Plame, claimed her identity was leaked to journalists to retaliate against her husband, former Ambassador Joe Wilson, who wrote that he had found no evidence to support assertions that Iraq tried to buy additional yellowcake from Niger.

A federal investigation led to the conviction of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 11:59:27 PM »

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

Grin  I'm sure that this small and insignificant amount could have only been used for energy production on a very small scale.   Roll Eyes    Huh

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 12:01:15 AM »

I'm sure that some will try that sort of logic.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 10:24:24 AM »

Just more information substantiating what is already known and refuse to be acknoledged by the left and msm.

U.S. official: Iraqis told me WMDs sent to Syria
Former head of prisons says incarcerated ex-Saddam forces disclosed move

A former American overseer of Iraqi prisons says several dozen inmates who were members of Saddam Hussein's military and intelligence forces boasted of helping transport weapons of mass destruction to Syria and Lebanon in the three months prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Don Bordenkircher – who served two years as national director of prison and jail operations in Iraq– told WND that about 40 prisoners he spoke with "boasted of being involved in the transport of WMD warheads to Syria.

A smaller number of prisoners, he said, claimed "they knew the locations of the missile hulls buried in Iraq."

Some of the inmates, Bordenkircher said, "wanted to trade their information for a release from prison and were amenable to showing the locations."

The prisoners were members of the Iraqi military or civilians assigned to the Iraqi military, often stationed at munitions facilities, according to Bordenkircher. He said he was told the WMDs were shipped by truck into Syria, and some ended up in Lebanon's Bekaa Valley.

Other Iraqi military personnel, including former top Saddam associates, have made the same claim.

In early 2006, Saddam's No. 2 Air Force officer, Georges Sada, told the New York Sun Iraq's WMDs were moved into Syria six weeks before the war started.

WND also reported in 2006 a former general and friend of Saddam who defected alleged WMDs were hidden in Syria and said the regime supported al-Qaida with intelligence, finances and munitions. Ali Ibrahim Al-Tikriti, the southern regional commander for Saddam's militia in the late 1980s, said the regime had contingency plans established as far back as the 1980s in the event either Baghdad or Damascus was taken over.

Saddam knew the U.S. eventually would come for the weapons, Al-Tikriti said at the time, and had "wanted since he took power to embarrass the West, and this was the perfect opportunity to do so." So he denied they existed and made sure they were moved into hiding, the former general said.

Among other claims, WND also reported a former U.S. federal agent and counter-terrorism specialist deployed to Iraq before the war said he waged a three-year, unsuccessful battle to get officials to search four sites where he believed the former Saddam regime buried weapons of mass destruction.

Bordenkircher said four of the Iraqi prisoners who separately offered to speak to the "right" people about Saddam's alleged transport of WMD later became involved with U.S. and Iraqi intelligence agencies.

Some prisoners said the drivers, upon return from transporting the WMDs out of Iraq, discussed the movement. They said, according to Bordenkircher, the materials shipped out would return once Iraq got "a clean bill of health from the U.N., and then the program could be kick-started easily."

Four of the prisoners – civilians attached to the Iraqi military – said they worked at the al-Muthana Chemical Industries site. They said the cargo included nitrogen mustard gas warheads for Tariq I and II missiles.

Bordenkircher said the stories of the military personnel and the civilians matched and did not contradict one another.

Bordenkircher also said prisoners confirmed al-Qaida had a presence in Iraq before Operation Iraqi Freedom began, specifically in Mosul and Kirkuk.

Iraqis under the command of Uday Hussein, one of Saddam Hussein's sons, supported the al-Qaida elements in the country with training and providing safe harbor, they said.

Bordenkircher also was a senior adviser to South Vietnam's correctional system during the war in Southeast Asia, from 1967-72. His task was to improve conditions for 80,000 civilian prisoners. The U.S. Department of Justice asked him to play a similar role in Iraq, sending him first to Baghdad's infamous Abu Ghraib prison in Baghdad in March 2006 to shut it down.

Bordenkircher previously served as Marshall County sheriff of Moundsville, W.Va., and police chief and warden of the state penitentiary at Moundsville.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the