Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:09:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Sports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How do you feel about fighting as a mma fighter?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do you feel about fighting as a mma fighter?  (Read 9943 times)
demon_hunter08

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2008, 03:54:27 PM »

I am a christian and i love the jesus and my life is for him. I also enjoy to fight (as a sport) but i have some people who think it is wrong. I want to know how everyone else feels.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 04:16:32 PM »

Hi demon_hunter, and welcome to Christians Unite forum. I hope you enjoy fellowship here, with other Christians here.

I myself don't care for fighting, as the world is to violent. I also think fighting takes away from the glory of God.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 09:08:09 PM »

I am a christian and i love the jesus and my life is for him. I also enjoy to fight (as a sport) but i have some people who think it is wrong. I want to know how everyone else feels.

Hello demon_hunter08,

WELCOME!

I have no idea what an "mma" fighter is or means, but I am a boxing fan.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 09:36:37 PM »

Hello demon_hunter08,

Welcome to the forums.

By mma fighting are you are referring to mixed martial arts fighting? I'm not into any type of sport fighting myself as a viewer or otherwise but I have been into martial arts at one time so I am somewhat familiar with the term. If it's what I think it is then what I remember of it is that it was a pretty violent sport. It is also called street boxing. There were no rules and a person could get killed quite easily all in the name of sport.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
demon_hunter08

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »

thank you all
yes by mma i am talking about mixed martial arts the reason i am asking is because i enjoy it alot. i first join it a while back after i queit playing football in high school. idk i dont think it is wrong as long as im not doing out of anger
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 07:59:59 PM »

thank you all
yes by mma i am talking about mixed martial arts the reason i am asking is because i enjoy it alot. i first join it a while back after i queit playing football in high school. idk i dont think it is wrong as long as im not doing out of anger

As far as I'm concerned, it's just a sport, and it's much better than spending your time with blood, guts, and senseless killing video games or watching the same kind of shows on television. Sports at least have value in exercise, discipline, sportsmanship, competition, and the development of other positive character traits. On the other side of the coin:  the senseless violence and killing on television and in video games appears to have nothing but a destructive influence. That's just my two cents worth, and others obviously disagree.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 11:15:59 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, it's just a sport, and it's much better than spending your time with blood, guts, and senseless killing video games or watching the same kind of shows on television. Sports at least have value in exercise, discipline, sportsmanship, competition, and the development of other positive character traits. On the other side of the coin:  the senseless violence and killing on television and in video games appears to have nothing but a destructive influence. That's just my two cents worth, and others obviously disagree.

I actually agree.  Grin  I also love boxing Brother Tom, as we have discussed before.  I also agree that if it is done as "sport" and not in anger, it is a positive thing.  I am also facinated at watching the movements of martial arts.  Who doesn't enjoy a good Jackie Chan movie??  Grin

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 12:36:36 AM »

I actually agree.  Grin  I also love boxing Brother Tom, as we have discussed before.  I also agree that if it is done as "sport" and not in anger, it is a positive thing.  I am also facinated at watching the movements of martial arts.  Who doesn't enjoy a good Jackie Chan movie??  Grin

Hello GrammyLuv,

YES - I've watched a few Jackie Chan movies, and I love the sound effects, especially the "whooshing" sound of air moving.   Grin

All kidding aside, some of our best programs for teen boys with big problems over the years has involved martial arts training. It's time consuming, gets them off of the street, and there is a most obvious discipline involved with learning. Discipline is what many of these kids need. They need CHRIST even MORE, but many of the kids are on the last stop before prison or the cemetery. THERE ARE RESCUES!, but sadly not a large percentage of them. For many of them, their instructor is their only positive male role model that commands respect, and this alone has a dramatic effect. It's at least a start and a door possibly opening that leads to better things than crime, dope, and gangs. The typical instructor in this area is also strong enough and tough enough to handle these "lost cause" kids. In my opinion, programs like this have a positive effect on ALL kids, regardless of whether they have problems or not. Maybe a teen breaks an arm in a program like this, but that's much better than over-dosing on dope.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 01:20:06 AM »

Discipline is what many of these kids need. They need CHRIST even MORE, but many of the kids are on the last stop before prison or the cemetery. THERE ARE RESCUES!
 It's at least a start and a door possibly opening that leads to better things than crime, dope, and gangs.
 Maybe a teen breaks an arm in a program like this, but that's much better than over-dosing on dope.

I agree.  The mission where I work has a teen outreach program.  For the past 18 months some of our young men have been boxing and we are having our first match soon.  Too bad it's on a Saturday or I would be there!

demon_hunter08

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 01:49:07 AM »

see i agree with yall 100% i had a friend who wanted to do nothing with church so i invited him to come and hang out with me while i did my training one day and after that i toke him to eat and just talked with him in true he came to church got saved and now is a total different person
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 03:06:11 AM »

see i agree with yall 100% i had a friend who wanted to do nothing with church so i invited him to come and hang out with me while i did my training one day and after that i toke him to eat and just talked with him in true he came to church got saved and now is a total different person

I love hearing about young adults giving their lives to the LORD.

I hope that you know I was just giving an example earlier and wasn't trying to suggest that you have the problems I was talking about. As I said, I think that programs like this are good for all young people. It could also be team sports - just something LEGAL that is challenging that requires discipline and effort. There are also pros and cons about individual effort in comparison to team effort. There are advantages to both. I'll just give thanks for all of the volunteers who make all kinds of special programs work. All young people need to stay busy doing constructive things. I honestly think that it's best to stay so busy that there isn't time to get into trouble.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 03:30:39 PM »

God uses many different approaches to reach the lost and further His kingdom. Grin Grin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the