Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:35:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Confused
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Confused  (Read 10470 times)
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2003, 02:45:52 PM »

They only appear troll like in a community that has become paranoid and frightened of difficult questions.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2003, 02:55:10 PM »

They only appear troll like in a community that has become paranoid and frightened of difficult questions.
Ebia,
Perhaps you have some answers for Alice's difficult questions.
It would be very interesting and perhaps helpful for not only Alice but for all.

Support your local Christian.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2003, 03:18:33 PM »

Ebia,
Perhaps you have some answers for Alice's difficult questions.
It would be very interesting and perhaps helpful for not only Alice but for all.
I'm happy to - on a board where the moderators don't ban discussion of the topics she is asking about.

Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2003, 03:27:55 PM »

I find it hard to accept that God would create a world where the evidence didn't match his word.

Alice:

Exactly what "evidence" is there that does not match God's Word? There is no hard evidence for evolution, and a great deal of "proof" turns out to be fabricated (BTW I have a Master of Science degree and I know what "proofs" have been given by evolutionists).

The fact is that only God was present at the creation of the world. He gave us a record of this in Genesis and Christ affirmed that Adam was the first man created (Matt.19:4-6 cf Gen. 1:27; 2:23,24). Would you rather believe Darwin and his followers than the living God?

If this is all just the work of Satan, why does God let Satan turn people away from the right way. Doesn't God want us to be saved? Does God have the power to create us in such a way that we would choose him rather than Satan?

Satan is very real, he is indeed "the god of this world" (see 2 Corinthians 3 -6, where Paul also affirms the creation account in Genesis) and he does want to blind you to the truth so that you will lose faith in God. As to why God allows him to wreak havoc, that is a mystery called "the mystery of iniquity".  Partly, he is there so that our faith will be tested. God did not create robots but rational beings with the ability to choose and make wise or unwise decisions.  Since Adam, most of us have made the wrong decsions, and that is why God has given us the Holy Bible. This supernatural book will teach you to make the right choices. The first wise choice is to TRUST GOD EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS (Proverbs 3:5,6). In fact, you and I will never have all the answers.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2003, 03:35:04 PM »

Oh, wow - an MSc.  That makes you so much more qualified than the mainstream scientific community.

Sower

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2003, 04:16:19 PM »

Oh, wow - an MSc.  That makes you so much more qualified than the mainstream scientific community.

This remark is completely off topic and cannot help Alice or anyone else. If "the mainstream scientific community" chooses to believe a lie it makes no difference to the believer. "The Word of God stands for ever" and that is what Alice should hold fast to. Everything else is like grass -- here today and gone tomorrow (1 Pet. 1:23-25).

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2003, 04:34:21 PM »

This remark is completely off topic and cannot help Alice or anyone else. If "the mainstream scientific community" chooses to believe a lie it makes no difference to the believer. "The Word of God stands for ever" and that is what Alice should hold fast to. Everything else is like grass -- here today and gone tomorrow (1 Pet. 1:23-25).
You brought your "scientific credentials" into the debate, not me.  I'm just pointing out what they are worth.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2003, 05:33:20 PM »

You brought your "scientific credentials" into the debate, not me.  I'm just pointing out what they are worth.

Now, now ebia..... it may be worth a lot to 'alice' to know that it ain't just ignerant unedukated folks who believe!  Grin

TRUST GOD EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS

Amen!  Smiley

Your dwelling on evolution and homosexuality are the patterns that fit trolls. Others here have thought as Tom that your posts are very similar to the posts that disruptive trolls post.

Sad but true.... Sad

alice

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2003, 07:52:59 PM »

Thanks again for all your replies and advice.

Tom, thank you for allowing me to stay. I promise that it's not my intention to cause disruption in any way. If my questions are upseting or you view them as disruptive or evil, just say and I promise I'll look elsewhere for answers.

In the meantime, I'm going to do some reading (and some praying) and I'll post my thoughts once I gather them.

Thank you all.

Alice
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2003, 07:24:28 AM »

Thanks again for all your replies and advice.

Tom, thank you for allowing me to stay. I promise that it's not my intention to cause disruption in any way. If my questions are upseting or you view them as disruptive or evil, just say and I promise I'll look elsewhere for answers.

In the meantime, I'm going to do some reading (and some praying) and I'll post my thoughts once I gather them.

Thank you all.

Alice

This is the best medicine for an ill faith.  Reading Gods word with a prayerful mind.   And you can rest assured that others here are backing you up in prayer also Alice.

In defense of Tom (not that he needs it  Wink

I'm sure that most of us do not realize the difficulty of being admin of such an operation.   I too used to qsysop a bbs many years ago, and I can vouch for the difficulty in keeping the peace in an on-line forum.   Theres no question that there has been a recent rash of dissruptive posts in the forums.  Being an Administrator logging in to find this, I can tell you its not easy sorting through and separating the junk from the truth many times.   Tom is human just like the rest of us mere mortals here, and needs prayer and discernment just like the rest of us.  From my brief stint here, I can tell you that Tom is most reasonable and doing a wonderful job is light of the difficulties that come with his job.

A private message to Tom with concerns and perhaps a compliment once and while would be more productive than you think.  As christians we all need encouragment once in a while, and Tom is no exception.  Tom has already said openly Alice is welcome to post all she wants.

Lets focus on issues that concern Alice with the Gods wisdom and prayer, and not turn this plee for help into petty debating amongst the rest of us.   How can we ever expect to help others if we spend so much bandwidth arguing each other?

OK my sermon is done  Cheesy

Tom, this member for one, appreciates your leadership and effort that is given, along with your even handedness.  My prayers include you in this effort.

Alice, we are glad you came to us for help, and will do everything we can to assist you, and we too are praying for you.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2003, 07:30:49 AM »

"Oh, wow - an MSc."

Huh  

Support your local Christian.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2003, 12:24:06 PM »

Further insight to slavery in the Bible.

Doing some research on this for you Alice and found the following.

First and foremost, it should be noted that the Bible does not commend slavery; rather, it recognizes the reality of slavery. In the ancient world where slavery flourished, the Mosaic Law thus stipulated stringent guidelines such as a year of Jubilee in which slaves were released (Lev. 25:40). In fact, it was the application of biblical principles that ultimately led to the overthrow of slavery, both in ancient Israel and in the United States of America. Israel’s liberation from slavery in Egypt became the model for the liberation of slaves in general. In America, many are beginning to wake up to the liberating biblical truth that all people are created innately equal (see Gen. 1:27; Acts 17:26–28; see also Gal. 3:28).

Furthermore, slavery within an Old Testament context was sanctioned due to economic realities rather than racial or sexual prejudices. Because bankruptcy laws did not exist, people would voluntarily sell themselves into slavery. A craftsman could, thus, use his skills in servitude to discharge a debt. Even a convicted thief could make restitution by serving as a slave (Exod. 23:3).

Finally, we should note that far from extolling the virtues of slavery, the Bible denounces slavery as sin. The apostle Paul goes so far as to put slave traders in the same category as murderers, adulterers, perverts, and liars (1 Tim.1:10). Indeed, slavery is so abhorrent to God that in the final book of the Bible (Revelation 18:13), He condemns the evil systems that perpetuate it.

God also uses our understanding of slavery which men perpetuated as a parallel to understanding our sinful condition as being slaves to it (unable to free ourselves), and being purchased out of the slave market by Christ.  (Romans 6:17-22).   We are no longer children of the slave owner Satan who brought us into the slave market of sin, but we are children of the Father who paid for our ranson with his Son Jesus Christ and purchased us from the slavery of sin.

In scripture there is usually a deeper meaning to things than what appears on the surface.   God is able to take evil things that men do and teach us truths about spiritual things we otherwise could not understand in our fallen nature.   Not that he approves of mens evil, but since men insist on being blind, he makes use of things on our level to show us his truths.

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 12:29:11 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
broken1

How can I help you today?

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2003, 11:02:07 AM »

Hi Im new here but let me just say that stan will do and can do anything and everything to dissuade you from accepting Christ and christ's word including the use of well meaning friends.  better to make your stance known and why not question him everything you need to combat his opinions and that is what they are OPINIONS...is found the BIBLE.  Don't be afraid to ask your pastor...thats what he is there for and I do not believe he will be judmental of you but rather I believe he will be very relieved that you are coming to him for answers and help.  Surround yourself with Christians and Gods word do not be unequally yoked. for what does light and darkness have in common? Faith is the essence of things unseen.

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their stringth; they sahll mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they sahll walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 KJV
Sower

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2003, 06:46:11 PM »

Hi Im new here but let me just say that stan will do and can do anything and everything to dissuade you from accepting Christ and christ's word including the use of well meaning friends.  better to make your stance known and why not question him everything you need to combat his opinions and that is what they are OPINIONS...is found the BIBLE.  Don't be afraid to ask your pastor...thats what he is there for and I do not believe he will be judmental of you but rather I believe he will be very relieved that you are coming to him for answers and help.  Surround yourself with Christians and Gods word do not be unequally yoked. for what does light and darkness have in common? Faith is the essence of things unseen.

A good word of advice, Broken1

Mick

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2003, 06:21:24 AM »

All the science degrees in the world won't guarantee spiritual awareness,and may even seriously hamper spiritual progress. As Jesus said:- "I thank you Father for hiding these things from the wise and learned,and for revealing them to little children"(Matt 11:25-27)
To my mind,God wrote the "creation program" then snapped his fingers to start it.THAT was the Big Bang. Simple!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the