Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:05:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Confused
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Confused  (Read 10448 times)
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2004, 03:06:18 PM »

All the science degrees in the world won't guarantee spiritual awareness,and may even seriously hamper spiritual progress. As Jesus said:- "I thank you Father for hiding these things from the wise and learned,and for revealing them to little children"(Matt 11:25-27)
To my mind,God wrote the "creation program" then snapped his fingers to start it.THAT was the Big Bang. Simple!

No, He said and it was so. Genesis does not relate or reveal if a big bang happened because of God's word being spoken to create.
Do not go by your mind but know the mind of God through Christ and go by it.

Support your local Christian.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2004, 03:22:47 PM »

All the science degrees in the world won't guarantee spiritual awareness,and may even seriously hamper spiritual progress. As Jesus said:- "I thank you Father for hiding these things from the wise and learned,and for revealing them to little children"(Matt 11:25-27)
To my mind,God wrote the "creation program" then snapped his fingers to start it.THAT was the Big Bang. Simple!

No, He said and it was so. Genesis does not relate or reveal if a big bang happened because of God's word being spoken to create.

Roll Eyes It is just a saying, ollie.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Mick

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2004, 09:57:06 AM »

A couple of years ago I read the pro-evolution book "Climbing Mount Improbable" by Dr.Richard Dawkins to get an insight into modern scientific thinking,and after I'd finished it I concluded that scientists are just making themselves look silly!
Dawkins book is full of holes,speculations,wild guesses,sweeping statements etc that are simply a desperate attempt to justify evolution!
By the way,Dawkins is a self-confessed atheist,surprise surprise!
Dale

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2004, 11:07:14 AM »

Alice, from Post #7:
<< Also, Jon told me that there is proof that the world is older than the bible says. >>

Alice, the Bible doesn't say how old the earth is. I've always been told that Bishop Ussher came up with the 6,000 year figure used by some, but not all, creationists today. He did this by adding up all the time intervals mentioned in the Bible. Nothing in the Bible suggests that time intervals mentioned in the Bible were ever meant to be taken this way.
  Hang in there, Alice.

--Dale
Dale

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2004, 11:24:51 AM »

Ebia says in Post # 29:
<< This might be true, to a limited extent, of the slavery talked about in the OT, but its certainly not true of the slavery of the roman empire condoned by St Paul. >>

Paul wrote the book of Philemon to a slave owner on behalf of an escaped slave, Onesimus.
  "Perhaps the reason he was separated from you for a little whiile was that you might have him back for good--no longer as a slave, but better than a slave, as a dear brother."
Philemon verses 15-6 NIV

This certainly doesn't sound like Paul is condoning slavery. He is asking Philemon, a Christian, to free Onesimus. It looks to me like the only reason that Paul doesn't condemn slavery in the strongest terms is that he is trying to be diplomatic on behalf of Onesimus.
  From the notes in my Disciples' Study Bible: "The writers of the New Testament did not attack the essential elements of slavery, but what they said revolutionized the thinking of Christians on the subject. Paul had warned slaveowners that they had  a responsibility toward their slaves (Col 4:1)."
  "When an owner can refer to a slave as a brother, the slave had reached a position in which the legal title of slave is meaningless."
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2004, 06:26:17 PM »

Roll Eyes It is just a saying, ollie.
Oh!
Sayings if repeated often enough can become "heretical".

Gotta watch those sayings.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2004, 06:30:01 PM »

Alice.

How is the confusion coming along? Doing lots of Bible study and getting unconfused in your mind about God, His Christ, and His people? I pray you are.

Keep us updated.

alice

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2004, 07:49:28 PM »

Hey All

An update.

Been doing lots of reading (Bible and other stuff).

My head is so full of contradictions and questions at the moment, I'm trying to let the ideas settle until I can frame them to discuss.

Ollie, thanks for asking after me.

I'm still praying although with so many questions in my head, it doesn't feel like it used to.

Happy New Year everyone.

Alice
x
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2004, 08:07:10 PM »

III John 2:  "Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in health; I know that it is well with your soul."

Smiley
Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2004, 09:31:53 PM »

I'm still praying although with so many questions in my head, it doesn't feel like it used to.
Alice

Alice:

Have you ever seen that slogan which says "CHRIST IS THE ANSWER"?  Make several of those slogans on your computer and put them in strategic places around your home.

Then memorize John 14:6 and bring it to mind each time you are perplexed or confused, since in that statement the Lord Jesus Christ tells you that He has all the answers.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2004, 10:18:21 PM »

Hey All

An update.

Been doing lots of reading (Bible and other stuff).

My head is so full of contradictions and questions at the moment, I'm trying to let the ideas settle until I can frame them to discuss.

Ollie, thanks for asking after me.

Happy New Year everyone.

Alice
x
Happy new year to you also.

Hang in there. If God be for you who can be against you.

Post what you think are contradictions. Perhaps someone here can set them straight for you.
Ask your questions. I am sure you will find an answer here. Some one will try to answer your questions and clear up your doubts.

alice

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2004, 09:46:30 AM »

Thanks Ollie.

I will post some stuff, but I don't have the ideas straight in my head yet and I don't want to misrepresent them.

Just getting my thoughts in order....

Thanks for the support.
x
Alice
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2004, 11:44:29 PM »

Thanks Ollie.

I will post some stuff, but I don't have the ideas straight in my head yet and I don't want to misrepresent them.

Just getting my thoughts in order....

Thanks for the support.
x
Alice

You are very welcome.

Take your time and sort things out, perhaps pray as you do this.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the