Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:45:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  It Is All Of Grace
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It Is All Of Grace  (Read 954 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2003, 05:51:50 AM »

It Is All Of Grace

When we learn about grace we learn what life is all about.  The "IN CHRIST" expression occurs some seventy times in Paul's epistles and only twice elsewhere.  The central passage on this truth is 2 Corinthians 5:17: " Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."  Other passages tell us we are in him: Romans 8:1; Ephesians 1:4; Colossians 2:10; Ephesians 2:13.

We learn who we are "In Christ" and more importantly we learn about who God is, what the Gospel is for the age of Grace and our relation-ship with Him.  We enter into a dimension of life we never dreamed possible.  And was not pos-sible to the Nation of Israel, as they were under, obedience, law, and some 350 ordinances.  Praise the Lord all these were nailed to the cross at the death of Christ (Col 2:14).

GRACE is not getting what you do deserve, but receiving what we do not deserve. GRACE is  the unmerited favor that God has given to us by His choice (Eph. 1:4; 2 Tim 1:9).

GRACE is Being "in Christ" the believer is made to share in the whole history of Christ's passion, burial, resurrection, ascension, and glorification.

GRACE  is knowing that there is no more guilt, condemnation  (Rom. 8:1)

GRACE  is knowing that we were chosen before the foundation of the world (Eph. 1:4).

GRACE  is knowing we have been jointly cru-cified with Christ (Rom. 6:6 and Gal. 2:20).

GRACE  is knowing that God accepts me just the way I am, accepted in the beloved (Eph. 1:6).

GRACE  is knowing that I am not under law but under grace (Rom. 6:14) and that Christ is the end of the law (Rom. 10:4), it is not up to me to live the Christian life, but to trust Christ in me to do it (Gal. 2:20).

GRACE is knowing we have been made to jointly live with Christ (Eph.2:5).

GRACE is knowing we are jointly seated with  Christ at present in the heavenlies (Eph. 2:6; Col. 3:1).

GRACE is knowing we are jointly glorified with Christ (Romans 8:17; 8:30).

GRACE is knowing that the believer has already died unto sin through Christ's death (Rom. 6:10).

GRACE is knowing that the believer was bap-tized (Identified) by the Spirit into one body. (1 Cor. 12:13).

GRACE is knowing that we have been blessed with all Spiritual Blessings in heavenlies in Christ (Eph. 1:3).

GRACE is knowing we can walk around in His good works (Eph. 2:10).

GRACE  is knowing that Satan was defeated at the cross and has no power over me (Col. 2:15).

GRACE  is knowing that  there  is  no  Jew  or Gentile in the body of Christ, we are all the same, members of His body, the Body of Christ.

GRACE is knowing that the Lord Jesus Christ is the head, and that we are the body.

GRACE is knowing our blessed hope, the being caught up into the air to meet out Lord (Titus 2:13; 1 Thes. 4:13-18).

GRACE is knowing that we have been sealed with the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13).

GRACE is knowing we are His inheritance, and we are His will (Eph. 1:18).

GRACE is knowing that God will finish the good work that He has begun in his (Phi.1:6).

GRACE is knowing that we have the mind of Christ (Phil 2:5).

GRACE is knowing that we can walk by faith (Col. 2:6)    

I pray that this will be a rich blessing in your life, for it surely has been in mine. For your own growth "in Christ", don't just read this, but take and study each Scripture, and  I know that the Holy Spirit will lead you into the Truth.

=================================
Should this devotional be a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or family member that would like to start receiving the daily word. You may forward this to them, by copy and paste method,  and they can use the below link to subscribe. We love to meet new people

Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

E-Mail GracentheTruth@aol.com

2 Tim 2:15  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a  workman  that needeth  not  to  be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
This is my last day on this Forum.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love  Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 06:14:00 AM »

Today God's grace is holding back His anger, allowing mankind a timely opportunity to be saved. Today is your opportunity to trust Jesus Christ--and His payment for sin--to be your salvation. Please don't call God a liar. Trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior today!

Grace & Peace

Brother Love  Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 06:20:11 AM »

MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT
2 Corinthians 12:7-10:

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Amen!

"My Grace Is Sufficient!" Four simple words, but oh the power behind those words. I imagine there is not a one of us who cannot say that they have not encountered those words in their lifetime. How many times have we gone through difficult circumstances and have heard those words, even said them ourselves.

Now we could list all of the chapters and verses in the Bible that describe the word grace, but let's take a look at examples of grace in action in the Bible. David was looked at as a strong king who led many battles that were won for the Lord.

But in a weak moment, he lusted after a married woman, slept with her and she became pregnant. Then he tried to deceive her husband and ended up killing him. The baby that was born out of this affair died and David hit one of the lowest times in his life. But God's grace was sufficient. He experienced forgiveness, and later fathered Solomon who built the Temple in Jerusalem. Jonah was a man chosen of God to prophesy to many people. God told him to go to Nineve hand gave him a message to give to the people of this town. But Jonah in his fear and weakness decided not to go and ended up in the belly of a big fish. But there in that fish, he experienced the grace of the Lord.

God's forgiveness, mercy, and grace flowed in Jonah's life, and he was later able to complete the mission God had given him through the power of the Lord. Here in today's text we read that Paul had a nagging affliction that he had prayed about, asking the Lord to deliver him from it, but instead of the deliverance, he experienced the grace of the Lord.

How many times have we done things out of God's will and experienced the grace of the Lord. We realized our actions, and were cut to the bone because of our disobedience, but after repentance, felt that wonderful grace of God flowing in our lives that turned our weakness into a powerful testimony to that grace.

How many times have we had weak areas of our lives that we knew, believed, and trusted God could touch them, but felt like nothing happened. Surely God has not heard our prayer nor seen our faith. Paul must have felt this way, but through this affliction, this unmoving thorn, he was able to testify to God's sufficient grace.

I am reminded of a story I read about years ago of a young girl named Joni Ericsson. Joni was an up and coming swimming star. She was diving and dived into shallow water, broke her neck and spine, and well, you know the rest of the story.

She was paralyzed from the neck down. For days and months she laid in a stryker bed in the hospital not wanting to live. She felt she had been given a raw deal. Then she began to receive the Lord's ministry, and accepted the changes in her that the Lord was trying to make. She began to grow in her relationship with the Lord and her spirit changed dramatically.

She always had faith that the Lord would heal her and she would one day walk again. But instead of the healing she thought she would surely get, she experienced the grace of God. That sufficient grace in her weak and helpless state enabled her to learn to paint and draw by holding pen, pencils, and brushes in her mouth.

She has become a very well known speaker, author, and artist. She even got married. I remember in her book, that sometime after she was out of the hospital, and had begun some short speaking tours, a little boy came up to her in his wheel chair, and told her how her story had inspired him to keep going.

My grace is sufficient. Words that can calm a troubled heart, when the circumstances would not change. I experienced His sufficient grace when my late husband passed away. It is something that is really indescribable, but the powerful peace that comes with it becomes a testimony for others going through difficult times.

I believe in healing, and I believe in deliverance. I also believe that it is God's choice, and if and when He decides to not heal someone or deliver someone the way we think, He spreads His grace over them. He needs people who are experiencing His grace and power to show the way in difficult situations.

He needs our trials to be a testimony to someone whose trials are greater. We have to be like Joni Ericsson and put it in God's hands, and trust His faithfulness, His mercy, His grace to strengthen us when we are weak. After all, as Jesus said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."

So whether we are needing to experience God's grace because of something we have done wrong and need His forgiveness and grace to deal with it, or we are in a hard situation that seemingly has no end, it is there for us and free for the asking.

Let us challenge ourselves instead of complaining, murmuring, and feeling sorry for ourselves in a difficult circumstance, to seek and receive God's grace. Let it flow into, through, and out of our lives.

Let these situations become testimonies to His faithfulness, instead of a time to wallow in self pity. Let Him get the glory He deserves. Let us allow our lives to reflect Philippians 4:4-9; Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Author Unknown

Grace & Peace

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the