Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:36:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Public Schools-Homosexuality
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Public Schools-Homosexuality  (Read 2558 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2003, 12:21:53 PM »

12/19/2003

A Dupo High School senior is protesting the school administration's demand that he refrain from saying "God bless" at the end of a daily bulletin he broadcasts over the school's televisions each day.

Full article:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/News/0D129174F7DD019B86256E020013C5F4?OpenDocument&Headline=Dupo+student+protests+his+ban+from+broadcast+over+%22God+bless

What do you think?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 11:40:12 AM by Symphony » Logged
Reba
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 03:10:30 PM »

The young man is a hero willing to stand for God, his princibles, and his contititutional right of free exersise.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 05:10:19 PM »

John Leo's column in this week's U.S. News and WR(12/29, p6), "Foiling Those Evil Grinches"--public schools that have been outlawing Christmas.  Some excerpts:

"How goes the annual battle to delete Christmas from schools and th public square?  News is mixed, but on the whole, things are not going well for the Grinches..."

"Some spoilsports want to ban Christmas carols andHanukkah songs from schools."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 06:08:22 PM »

John Leo's column in this week's U.S. News and WR(12/29, p6), "Foiling Those Evil Grinches"--public schools that have been outlawing Christmas.  Some excerpts:

"How goes the annual battle to delete Christmas from schools and th public square?  News is mixed, but on the whole, things are not going well for the Grinches..."

"Some spoilsports want to ban Christmas carols andHanukkah songs from schools."

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

Brother, this is already happening around the country, just about every place where a single challenge is filed. My wife is a school teacher, and they have already been forced to eliminate all references to God, and that already includes Christmas plays, carols, and any exhibit that hints of God.

Very few people really recognize what has been happening for the last several years. As one example, the textbooks used by schools are being changed and history is being removed that refers to God. A more specific example involves the pilgrims and Thanksgiving.

In terms of Christmas, there is a move to change the name to winter holiday, as Christmas infers something to do with Christ. It is OK to talk about Santa Claus but not about Jesus Christ. If the ACLU gets its way, the word "Christmas" will be removed from everything associated with public agencies. Jack Frost and the easter bunny are OK, but Jesus Christ is taboo. If the taboo hasn't hit your area yet, the ACLU will get there sooner or later.

It's very sad Brother.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 12:34:31 AM »

This is all out spiritual warfare on Christians.  And I agree, seems like everyday now you can see a news story of this nature.  Satan is waging war on God and his children.  Thank the Lord we have his word to guide us.

ph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints

Mount em up brothers, last time I checked the end of the book, we still came out victorious!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 12:20:34 PM »

Yes, thank you, 2nd Tim, and bep.

bep, sounds like more serious, or more widespread, than ever.

If you could absorb an institution that would be pervasive, far reaching into every knook and cranny in a nation, and get at the most vulnerable, what institution would that be?

The schools.

Virtually every county and parish in the United States, has a public school,  and unprepared, vulnerable, precious little minds.

Acquire "ownership" of that, and you have the literal jugular of a nation.

Yes, only the majesty of Jesus Christ can "fight" something like this.

Human beings would be powerless.   It's all encompassing.

And our local newspaper publishes an ad for a statewide hotline, if anything "threatening" heard toward a school, report them.  

So, not only do they now "own" the heartthrob of our nation, you can't say anything critical of them.

One of the cornerstones of our Republic, was the right to speak out, to question, to even criticize.

Now, if you do, your neighbor, or anyone, might report you.

And, it might mean forfeiture of your property, then all the more incentive, since that property might then be available at fire-sale prices.

Nazi Germany, Stalin Russia, all over again.  Neighbors and friends, turning in each other, for a song.

Hmmm.  What better way to exact the submission of a nation, and take them over--literally.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2003, 03:43:31 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony & 2nd Timothy,

Brothers, I'm still somewhat optimistic there are some things in the works to reverse part of what's going on. I think it has gone so far that a Constitutional Convention would be necessary, additional Amendments to the Constitution, and iron-clad language adopted to nail the courts completely down. Our system of checks and balances is broken when the courts can over-ride the other branches of government. In effect, the Judicial is ignoring the Executive and Legislative Branches.

The separation of powers and system of checks and balances needs to be repaired and restored. We can and should be praying about this daily. We should also be writing letters, sending emails, making telephone calls, signing petitions and everything else we can do to encourage our representatives to STAND UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 05:04:53 PM »

I agree.  Also important to make use of our rights to vote.

Grace ane Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2003, 05:33:06 PM »

I agree.  Also important to make use of our rights to vote.

Grace ane Peace!

Oklahoma Howdy to 2nd Timothy,

How did I forget that? UM??, maybe a senile moment.   Cheesy

Yes, we can vote them in and out of office.

Thanks Brother. I think this is the only senile moment I've had in at least 3 hours.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Mozilla

Got Root?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2003, 05:39:46 PM »

12/19/2003

A Dupo High School senior is protesting the school administration's demand that he refrain from saying "God bless" at the end of a daily bulletin he broadcasts over the school's televisions each day.

Full article:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/News/0D129174F7DD019B86256E020013C5F4?OpenDocument&Headline=Dupo+student+protests+his+ban+from+broadcast+over+%22God+bless

What do you think?
I don't think public schools should exist.   Wink
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2004, 11:41:12 AM »

Many have fought and died in many wars for, and in the name of, the freedoms of America and to guarantee that fascism and totalitarianism can never be in America.

But it is Happening! They finally found a way to use the constitution in reverse to prohibit freedom instead of guaranteeing it.

One thing for sure they can not ban the rulings of Jesus Christ in the Godly heart and the Holy Spirit that dwells there.

God's will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

Support your local Christian.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2004, 11:54:59 PM »

Thank you, Ollie....Amen.   Smiley
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 11:55:09 AM »

Parents of N.C. Girl Upset by School Book

WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) - The parents of a first-grader are fuming over the book their daughter brought home from the school library: a children's story about a prince whose true love turns out to be another prince.

Michael Hartsell said he and his wife, Tonya, couldn't believe...

(you'll have to copy and paste the following whole url into your browser address window, rather than clicking...)

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?oldflok=FF-APO-1110&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040318%2F0634713423.htm&sc=1110&floc=NW_5-L1

Notice how even this netscape article frames the issue:  The parents were "fuming"...

In other words, how dare the parents get upset at all.   How silly of them.  Poor little things--they were "fuming".

So see?  Even the "media" is becoming our Gestapo.  Watch how news stories are written--their slant, and their intended barbs.

How silly of us to point this out, or to even notice.

ANd how convenient for them.
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 08:11:52 PM »

Symphony,

Read the same story on WND today. We shouldn't be suprized. The radical homosexuals want to indoctrinate our children from the cradle to the grave.

Remember the book "Heather Has Two Mommies"?

A number of years ago, a group of us protested this book that was available at our local public library. A pastor or two did show up at the Library board meeting to voice their concerns (out of a metropolitan area of over 1,000,000) but the board members just thumbed their noses at us. What was interesting is that one of the board members was also a local judge. So much for justice!

Psalm 119
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 08:16:38 PM »

Symphony,

Read the same story on WND today. We shouldn't be suprized. The radical homosexuals want to indoctrinate our children from the cradle to the grave.

Remember the book "Heather Has Two Mommies"?

A number of years ago, a group of us protested this book that was available at our local public library. A pastor or two did show up at the Library board meeting to voice their concerns (out of a metropolitan area of over 1,000,000) but the board members just thumbed their noses at us. What was interesting is that one of the board members was also a local judge. So much for justice!

Psalm 119
I understand why you wouldn't want a school issuing this sort of book to students, but why would you be that worried about a library stocking it - no-ones forcing you to borrow the book?  Libraries stock all sorts of books most of us wouldn't agree with.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the