Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:19:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Public Schools-Homosexuality
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Public Schools-Homosexuality  (Read 2534 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2004, 08:52:58 PM »

thank you, Psalm.  I was afraid of that.  God bless the ministers for at least going and raising the question.  For taking the time.

I'd much rather be doing something I want to do.  And I'm sure they'd like to too.

ebia raises a very good question.  I for one have never been one to criticize the libraries for their literary choices.  I figured it was a choice the patron could make.

But does that mean you stock any and everything?  Well, apparently now it must indeed mean that.  The sky's the limit.

My decision is to just avoid those libraries.   I no longer go near the one that I grew up going to--since I was four years old.   And we have to avoid those schools--and now, the elementary schools.  I visited an elementary one years ago; and noticed what they had the kids doing up on the stage, then, for a PTA meeting.   And everyone was oblivious to it then.

They are going mad.  It's just madness.  The same as surrounded Lot and his guests there in Sodom.  And again there in Judges 19.

You wouldn't go into areas of madness, unless you had a deliberate reason for being there.

When Lot dithered about exiting Sodom, the angels forcibly removed him.

So at some point, it is time to "get outta Dodge".  

We're fast approaching that.  I felt we were there 15 years ago, and that was before gays had public worship.

Does a snake know he's a snake?  He crawls on his belly and he thinks he's a king.

That's the world of the insane.  And they revel in it.   And they will take your children if they can get them.  Just like the Coachman, in Pinocchio.

And they do it all under the most polite, and discreet, and magnanimous of outgoing gestures and even sophistication.   They are some of the "nicest" people you could ever possibly want to meet.  

Everyone things Pinocchio is just a fairy tale.

Reba
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2004, 09:28:41 PM »

Government schools
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2004, 11:46:11 PM »

Government schools

Oklahoma Howdy to Reba,

Sister, they all belonged to a nation that honored God at one time. There was a time in the past where parents would do all sorts of things to help the public schools. Now, it's a difficult decision when you find out how much of your money will be spent. There were times when people didn't mind sacrificing to support the schools, but times have changed. There are many who refuse to buy evil books for the library and pay for sexual perversion tolerance training.

Love In Christ,
Tom

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 10:49:53 AM »

Government schools

school (noun)
an organization that provides instruction

The definition of ‘school’ no longer applies to the ‘indoctrination camps’ sponsored by the government. Which of the following do YOU think fits best when describing what a government school does for (to) kids:

instruction (noun)
an outline or manual of technical procedure

indoctrination (noun)
To imbue with a usually partisan or sectarian opinion, point of view, or principle

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Corpus
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2004, 01:13:40 PM »

Just an aside I thought about after reading one of you comment on 'dancing' at a local public school.

A few years back, my wife, son and I were invited by our neighbors to a dance recital that their daughter was to be involved in (she was about 5 at the time). The group and school she was participating with was a public school, but also a very 'well-to-do' public school. This school system (they educate K-12) not only draws lots of wealthy people, but does so because it's well known for academic rigor, a remarkably successful sports programs (Last I heard they were at least in the top five nationally for most state championships) and producing doctors, lawyers, successful businessmen and artists by the bushel.

So we go to this dance recital expecting something cute and frilly with five-year olds in pink tutu's...and there was some of that. But imagine our amazement when pre-teens and teens come strutting out on stage in less than modest outfits while bumping and grinding to the latest in music. Oh, mind you these kids had talent, but it was all being applied to what their instructor felt was modern, "artisitic" dance, which was sexual in its suggestion and being passed off as art.

Perhaps the greatest disappointment came however in observing the reactions of the other parents in the audience. No one else seemed put off by this, no one commented negatively on it, and it certainly wasn't the first recital for many of those parents. All of this taught me that THIS is what's expected, and more importantly THIS is what's accepted. All parents claim to want the 'best' for their children and yet interpret that 'best' in the context of wealth/career/status/fame.

I later was discussing this with my dentist (an alumnus of the very school system), who commented that he sends his own kids to a different, private school. When I asked him why, he mentioned that most of his patients are involved with the wealthy public school we were discussing, and an overwhelming majority of his patients are either divorced, unhappy, or both.

As a young parent, I learned a great deal from it all.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2004, 02:53:44 PM »

Wow, thank you, Corpus.  That what it was, when I mentioned that PTA I went to, above, years ago.  A dance recital, elementary, on stage.  Not upscale like yours--rather frumpy, etc., but suggestive and careless.  There must have been a hundred parents there, at least.  No one seemed disturbed by it.

Yes, some professional people here send their kids out of town, or even out of state.

Yes, there's a lot of unhappiness in the public school.  Unhappy children, ambitious parents/teachers, unhappy parents and teachers.  A lot of divorce going on.

I've pleaded for years, in letter to the editor.  They don't much allow that anymore.  I played the divorce card just once in a letter, and that was in passing.  Not very well liked--we guard our vices carefully.

Here, the newspaper, dictates the "flavor" of the community; as a gatekeeper, they exercise a great deal of influence in how people think.   Arguably, they foment as much heartache as they do report any news or advertise, keeping the pot stirred and creating constant competition among individuals.  And other media too.   They aren't aware of it, though.  Anyone who doesn't toe(tow?) the prevailing party line(of madness) is simply or even rudely ignored or quarantined.  And they do it to each other, for the sake of a song.   Anyone who steps out of line.  And it's directly proportional to one's popularity--the more popular you are, etc., the greater the risk; so the most influential are all most careful to reflect quickly whatever the prevailing wind is.  

Alternatively, though, these are fields "ripe for harvest."
Like Jesus said, you want to do what they say, but you don't want to do what they do.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the