Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:56:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prayers needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayers needed  (Read 4722 times)
Precious2God
« on: February 29, 2008, 06:55:40 PM »

I'm writing this tonight with such a broken, heavy, hurting heart.  Besides that marriage is falling apart before my eyes and God doesn't seem to answer.  I'm having a real hard time it seems to be somebody to anybody.  At work I'm pushed aside because I dont' drink swear or be loud.  At home I'm a nobody when he is home.  Before I get a bunch of Jesus was treated bad.  I know this and I'm only getting a small portion of it the hurt He must of went through is great.  I know I'm not a perfect christian, no way am I even close. I do go to church, Yes I do read my bible and I pray all the time.  I take my kids I try to teach them about God.  I guess my question is why isn't God taking care of one his own.  Why is He not answering my prayer to heal my marriage.  Why does He continually let me to hurt beyond what I am able to handle.  His word says He will not forsake us.  Then where is he.  The bible says not to divorce and I understand that so then why doesn't He do anything to help me.  Why do I have to live with a man that a HATES my guts.  Oh should I tell you this is because when we were first married I ran phone bills up.  This is not the case anymore I have grown up since then.  I just don't know what to do anymore.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »

Sister, I do understand your perplexity in this. It is frequently difficult for us to understand what God's purpose is for us, why we must endure the many things that we do. Please believe me that whatever it is there is indeed a purpose and it will benefit you and yours in the end as well as glorify God even if we ourselves never understand it all in the lifetime.

This may not have anything to do with your own situation but I would still like to tell you about a woman that I knew some years ago. She was married and had six children. She was an exceptionally sensitive person. She was also what I refer to as a "people pleaser". What i mean by this is that she did all she could so that others would like her. People being what people are they took advantage of her kind and generous nature. They walked all over her and when they couldn't use her anymore for their benefit they rejected her. It almost destroyed her and she became very paranoid after that. Her marriage started falling apart, her "friends" turned on her. Life became what she thought was unbearable even to the point that it was beyond what she thought she could endure.

Being a Christian she prayed continuously asking for more strength to handle the situation. The more she prayed for strength the more it seemed that things would come down on her even harder.

Now with these thoughts in mind let's take a look at what Paul said:

2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

What does Paul mean by "for when I am weak, then am I strong"? When we are at our weakest is when we realize that we cannot go it alone. That is when we realize that we need the Lord even more. That is when we become stronger in the Lord.

Perhaps the Lord is allowing these things in your life trying to get you to move closer to Him? I'm not saying this is the case with you for only the Lord knows for sure. It was the case with this woman. Just a thought.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Precious2God
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 07:40:33 AM »

Thank you Pastor Roger.  that women is me, and it does seem like I'm falling apart,  My marriage is big time probably beyond repair now.  At work, the one lady does walk all over me, and she takes credit for what I have done at work and I just keep my mouth shut. People do use me and I would do anything to help anyone.  I believe God wants us to help other.  Thank you for your encouraging words.  I needed them, and I'm glad I read this before I went to work today.  Thank you so much.   Pastor Roger I will print off what you wrote and keep in my bible. 
Eva

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 08:21:49 AM »

Precious2God:

I am a recovering people pleaser. 

As a Christian, I am learning my worth and value in Christ.  I strive to please God and let others go when necessary, my husband included.  Though it hasn't been easy, God has indeed been strong in my weakness.  As PR said, and I am also closer to God than ever.  I am learning to keep my focus on Him as He is faithful to provides when I diligently seek Him and His will for my life.

I will certainly pray for you sweet sister, and for your husband.  Keep your focus on how precious God says you are.  Do not allow others to define your worth and do not go by your feelings, which are often unreliable.  This is DIFFICULT to do, but with God's help ALL things are possible.

Your posts are a great blessing to me and I am here for you. You are not alone.

Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 09:55:16 AM »

that women is me, and it does seem like I'm falling apart,

Then let God hold you together. Let Him dress you with the whole armour of God. When you feel trod upon or persecuted ... then smile, praise God and go on from there.

My marriage is big time probably beyond repair now.

Nothing is beyond the hand of God. All things are possible in and through Him. Give it over to Him and He will never lead you wrong.

At work, the one lady does walk all over me, and she takes credit for what I have done at work and I just keep my mouth shut. People do use me and I would do anything to help anyone.  I believe God wants us to help other.

This is true but He wants us to do so cheerfully. When God said, "so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity" He was not talking just in the means of material things but rather giving from our heart including our actions towards others. We give of ourselves, "above all charity". 
[/quote]

"Therefore ... take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake:"

Mat 5:12  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 11:04:05 PM »

Precious2God, sister my prayers are with you.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 11:14:13 PM »

As your handle implies, you are precious to God and the apple of His eye.  Sometimes when we are going through stuff God seems so far and away and silent.  However He isn't.  He hears every single word.  He even leans forward to catch every syllable.  He never promised that we wouldn't have storms in our lives but he does promise to see us through them.  And he does allow things to happen that will draw us closer to Him.  I'm sure you've heard about "growing pains".  They are just awful while we are in the midst of them, but joy truly does come in the morning.
You will be in my prayers also Sister.
With Love in Christ,
Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
Precious2God
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 12:54:15 PM »

Please pray that my husband will fix my computer,  it is down so I have to borrow one to be here (thats why I haven't answered trivia questions). 

I need lots of prayers concerning what I first wrote in this thread.  Its hard to get pass the hurt right now. 

sorry I have one more too

I have had a major headache now for three days.  I think sinus infection but not sure but its hard to do anything.  When I get a headache like I tend to get emotional which isn't good for headache.  lol  I know I'm a mess lol

Please pray I need to know that people are praying and really do care.   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

I want to do what God wants in this marriage but that is hard when your husband HATES you. 

Thank you and I will try to get back on again later. 

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »

My prayers are with you daily, sister.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 01:46:23 PM »

I too will keep you in my thoughts & Prayers...
I can only think of "The Footprints in the sand"
and for you to keep your faith, It is more Precious
than ALL the Gold in the World...
Remember Job & Endure...
YLBD
Precious2God
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 02:54:02 PM »

Wanted to give an update.  My computer is still down not sure even if my husband will try and fix it.

I'm very discouraged (not just because of the computer)  I'm very down and I guess its hard to explain my feelings right now. 
Please pray for my friend/neighbor/ his kids call us brother and sister he was rushed to the hospital last night with an overdose.  I'm not sure if it was accidental for on purpose.  He was just over my house earlier in the week.  We both are so anxious for warmer weather so we can get out campfires going and right now it doesn't look like he will be around for them.   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
I don't understand all of this.  I know God never promised christians a rose garden but how much does a person have to take before God answers prayers.  I don't know what to do anymore and I find myself going into a depression and I don't want to go there.  I'm so broken hearted right now. 

This is not me, I'm usually fun happy person who likes to joke around and make other people happy.  I can't do that right now.  Anyway I will check in when I can.  God Bless You All
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 03:06:47 PM »

Hebrews 12:
5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

ENDURE, My Brothers & Sisters...
YLBD

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 03:49:52 PM »

It isn't necessarily chastisement.

Sister, Satan is indeed at work in this world doing all he can to bring all Christians down, to attempt to discourage us.

Psa 27:14  Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Isa 41:6  They helped every one his neighbour; and every one said to his brother, Be of good courage.

Prayers are answered, sister, in His time and in His way. For who is wiser to know what and when we need these things. I say to you also, sister, Be of good courage for the Lord is with us even when we do not see or feel it to be so.

I will be praying for you and your neighbor.

You know the situation with your neighbor better than I do even though you may not know all of the particulars either. Perhaps this is an opportunity for you in the Lord.

Precious2God
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 08:45:34 PM »

Thank you so much Pastor Roger for your kind words.  I was wondering why I was being chastisen I didn't understand the other post where I'm told I did something wrong (okay not sure if that is what it meant to say but that is how I took it.  I'm always wrong) I was feeling even more discouraged after that than I was.  I'm so trying to live the way the Lord would have me live and enduring more than some would even know.  I appreciate your words of encouargement more than you know.   

Here is the update on my neighbor:

My neighbor is going to be okay, they pumped his stomach and I guess he has slept all day, he didn't know anybody that went to visit him.  They are waiting to transfer him over to a better hospital where his doctors work out of and they will put him in the psychiatric ward for awhile to see if it was a purposeful thing or accidental.  He has done this before I guess.  Please continue to pray for him but also for his wife she is understandably upset.

Thank you all so very very much.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 09:12:47 PM »

My prayers are for all involved sister.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the