Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:30:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Music (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Music in supermarkets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Music in supermarkets  (Read 8154 times)
Annahavil

God is our great provider, without him we are lost

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:54:56 AM »

I work in a supemarket where we have continuous middle of the road type of songs played contiously even when closing time comes.  I mean even after 8 o'clock when it closes for customers but we work on.  I of course like some songs.  If I did'ent like some I would maybe go mad or have to leave.  An odd new song is added some days but very few.  More up to date songs or a local radio station would help.  Some days it is too loud.  I find because of this that when I am at home or driving in my car I never listen to any type of music except a very odd time.  I used to love music.  When I was young I listened a regular on the radio early morning and late at night to the latest pop.  I moved from station to station and it was fun.  Now with this supermarket music I might even have to leave and only because of the disgusting repetative music.  Also some songs have such stupid words, you wonder how on earth these singers got their song accepted?  And of course a lot of the time you cant make out the words or they use some obscure words that you havent a clue what these words mean.   
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 12:52:18 PM »

Grin   Grin

You got me to laughing about what used to be common practice 40 + years ago. The music was considered to be canned, didn't have words at all, and very little even had recognized tunes. It was cheap to do and really amounted to little more than background music. It was so exciting that many people called it "Elevator Music". Someone might become offended with music from one of the local radio stations. The worst that could happen with the canned music is that someone would be bored to death while in the store.      Grin

Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 11:14:08 AM »

Because of the excessive noise I wear earplugs when I'm in a supermarket, and I do most of my shopping at Wally World (Walmart). The loud speaker is just that, LOUD, and then there are babies crying and children screaming because they want something they can't have. Then the announcements over the loud speaker blast your ears off your head unless you're deaf. I assume that the reason it's called a "loud speaker" is because it is LOUD.  Huh Shocked

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the