Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:47:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why Churches are Declining in America
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Churches are Declining in America  (Read 12079 times)
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 05:42:12 PM »

Hello Littleboy,

Brother, we must be thinking about different things. All of the inhabitants of earth together won't be able to change the most tiny event within the Will and Purpose of ALMIGHTY GOD for the End Days of this Age of Grace. Bluntly, what GOD wants done WILL be DONE! No power in the universe will be able to stop, slow, or hasten the unfolding of Bible Prophecy. HIS Will be DONE - HIS Way - HIS Time - and it WILL Be! Well-intentioned Christians won't be able to change a single thing OUTSIDE of the WILL and PURPOSE of GOD, and we should all already know this. What ALMIGHTY GOD wants to happen WILL HAPPEN. In the meantime, GOD'S Instructions to Christians haven't changed. We can only attempt to do our part as Christians, and GOD will still be working in and through us. GOD WON'T JUST ATTEMPT - HE WILL ACCOMPLISH WHAT HE WANTS DONE!

I think where i got mixed up is, I did'nt make it clear that BEFORE I give,
I make sure their NOT using the money for Alchol or Drugs or any other
UNGodley purpose or you can become a partaker in their sins.
Jesus says that we are to be Charitable & Giving to one another,
And that by this Many UNgodley would turn to God BY Seeing the Love
that we have for one another...

I try to be careful NOT to cast what i have to the Swine, NOT Money or HIS Words,
Or to Preachers that want money for Stained glass windows, Airplanes or any other such nonsence.
The Poor that Call upon the Name of the Lord can have the shirt off my back, But to someone who refuses
or rejects the word of God & the Gospel of OUR Lord, "CAN GO WHERE HE'S GOING TO SEND THEM"
and i wont waste my time or money on Someone like that,
Thats all I'm really saying Brother.

Well, like Buying stuff from CHINA, You & Me are helping arm one of Biggest Nations of the Kings of the East
that will take it's part in crossing the river Euphrates to do harm unto Irsrael!
ARE WE Truely Innocent of such things? (i hope so, MY house is Full of stuff from there)

Buying fuel IS Arming the Iranians & others who seek the Destruction of Israel & Christians.
THINK about that?
ARMING THE VERY PEOPLE WHO SEEK "OUR" DESTRUCTION & them of
Israel too.
THAT alone is INSANE!
OR am I the Crazy one Here?

You are a good Brother to me thank you Tom .
YLBD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2008, 12:05:24 AM »

Hello Littleboy,

I understand completely now. We're on the same sheet of music.

I don't have very much money, and I think that many Christians are in the same boat. We do need to make reasonable efforts to make sure that our gifts and offerings are being used in an appropriate manner. The examples would be endless, but I immediately think about con men setting up fronts to take money intended for Hurricane Katrina victims. Crime did pay and the heart-felt gifts of many were taken.

There are many watch-dog type agencies these days that grade how well charities and ministries use the offerings that they are given. It's surprising how much money is wasted, and this is just one more way that we can use to give wisely. It's also a surprise to find out how many charities and ministries refuse to give their financial information. One would assume pretty quickly that they have something to hide, and they do.

In short, there are all kinds of real needs these days. I give thanks that there are many common sense things that Christians can do to cut out the con men and the organizations that waste or inappropriately use gifts. If we look, there are many worthy organizations, many doing wonderful work and being transparent with their records of how they use resources.

Brother, I'll also echo what you said and say that I'm happy you're my Brother in CHRIST. Things are increasingly difficult for Christians these days, so it's important that we encourage each other, strengthen each other in CHRIST, and have fellowship with each other. This is part of GOD'S plans for us. One of the best things we can do for each other is PRAYER, and we know that GOD loves to hear our Prayers.

We joyously and anxiously await the Glorious Appearance of our LORD and SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST. In the meantime, we can:

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the