Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:40:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286958 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171561 times)
MangoMan

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 06, 2008, 01:23:51 PM »

I agree with you 100%.

I want to throw out a red hot poker question.  I know it will rankle of few, and I'm not into pain.  Honestly, I'm just looking at this from a different angle.  If I'm out of line, correct me.

I believe that Obama will win in '08.  No doubt about it.  He's slicker than Slick Willie.  I believe the Republicans don't learn from their mistakes.  Bob Dole, nice guy, but was no contender to the charismatic, affable guy we know as President Bill Clinton.  McCain is a repeat of that election in my mind.  I have heard Obama lie, but for some reason he holds the hearts and minds of the American people in rapt.  They trust him.

Let me toss out my question.  Give me five minutes to run for cover and then fire away.  As I look out around the world, I see the scourge of Islam in Iran being used by God to foster the radically cool growth of the arabic church, and the heel of Communist Capitalism in China being used to do the same there.  Is it out of line to wonder if God might use Obama to re-awaken the American church whose majority has grown fat, lazy and sassy?  We love the pursuit of the temporal things this world has to offer, just like our unsaved brothers and sisters.  We live in this world, and I wonder how conformed to this world we have become.  [Yes, there are American Christians who are doing the Lord work.  I am grateful for that.]

I asked my sister that, and barely survived the ear chewing I got back in return.  I suppose asking a young mother that was a bad question.  But seriously, God does not appreciate the lukewarm Christian, such a Christian makes Him vomit.

Ok, remember, five minutes to let me run for cover.  I've got a nuke proof shelter somewhere in Montana.  Hopefully I can find it before the volleys of angry retorts start to home in on me.

Sincerely,
MangoMan
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 06, 2008, 02:20:23 PM »

lol ... I think that you need to come back out of that nuke proof shelter.

It is way to early to say what is going to happen in this election. Things can always take a rapid turn around at any time. We are already seeing many people turn away from Obama that normally vote a straight democratic ticket no matter what else has happened just because of Obama.

I agree though that God can use anyone He wants, including the devil himself, to achieve His will. Obama is no different in this aspect and neither are islamists. So if Obama does make it into office I am sure that it is according to God's will and that He will use it to His benefit.

Sometimes people need a brick to hit them square in the eyes in order to wake them up to the reality of things. I am sure that there are going to be many bricks flying. Unfortunately there will also be many that will ignore those bricks and will continue in their ways.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 06, 2008, 02:32:09 PM »

I happen to agree with you and PR.  I can see Obama winning as being part of God's plan in these End Days.  I've been watching the polls and they are soooo close.  Obama one day in one and McCain the next day in another.  It's so hard to say.
But if it is to be, I'd rather it be now and thereby bringing the Rapture that much sooner than to wait for another election.  And if Obama does win what pain this country is in for!  And if it wakes up those sleeping Christians and those that are sitting on the fence, then so be it.  I still believe and hope that there will be a big revival before Christ comes to collect his own!
I also agree that the church has not only grown lazy but many are corrupt with immorality.  I'm thinking of molestations and homosexuals.  It's quite discussting.

So let me throw out a question, because we haven't discussed it on here since losing out champion candidate a few months ago:  Do we vote for McCain or do we "write-in" the candidate we want?  I'm still praying on this and I'm not sure.  My whole deal is that whatever will be, will be God's plan but in the mean time, I want to be able to look myself in the mirror in the mornings.  Know what I mean?

In Christ,
Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 06, 2008, 02:59:34 PM »

Hello MangoMan,

I think that we all have similar thoughts, so you won't need that nuke shelter.   :D

We're just humans, so we don't understand all the power and ways of GOD. HE did tell us what HE thought we needed to know in HIS WORD. There are amazing details there, but many questions are still left unanswered. HE did tell us what would happen to evil, and HE also told HIS children about Eternity with HIM. HE numbered the hairs on our heads before the foundation of the world and knew us in our mother's womb. HE has a perfect foreknowledge of all things, including the most tiny detail (i.e. the exact moment a sparrow would fall from the sky). For these reasons and many more, we should know that all Bible Prophecy will be fulfilled perfectly at HIS Appointed time. We don't understand the "how's", but we do know they will happen because HE told us they would.

There are many difficult questions that I doubt we will find answers for in this short life. As an example, there's a big difference in GOD making something happen as opposed to GOD allowing something to happen. Every event could also be different. We have examples of both in the Holy Bible. In Daniel, it's clearly stated that the Tribulation Period is determined against Israel. We could apply the "MAKE or ALLOW" question to just about everything and get many different opinions. However, we KNOW that the SECOND COMING OF CHRIST will be at the end of the Tribulation Period, so most would conclude that the SECOND COMING OF CHRIST is a "MAKE HAPPEN" event. How many ways has GOD used the Nations throughout history? We don't really know unless we're talking about recorded events - something like GOD'S Commands to Israel for various wars.

I think there are two very important things to always remember:  1) GOD most definitely knew all in Eternity Past;  2) GOD does as HE pleases in Heaven and on Earth. As Christians, we can apply many other facts to these two broad categories, one being GOD'S Perfection in Holiness that applies to ALL of HIS Attributes. There are many other facts that GOD has given us because HE wanted us to know them. This doesn't hint that any man knows much about GOD'S Power and GOD'S Ways. I think the answer would be "I don't know" if someone asked us how the Tribulation Period will be initiated. However, it was determined and Promised by GOD, so it will happen perfectly. GOD can use whoever HE wishes to obtain HIS Will and Purpose, and HIS only restrictions involve HIS Own Perfection and Holiness. I think we are left with many questions that only GOD can answer. Maybe HE will share more with us when we get HOME.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 371 - Psalms 111:7-8 The works of his hands are
verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure. 8 They stand fast
for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 06, 2008, 03:13:14 PM »

I happen to agree with you and PR.  I can see Obama winning as being part of God's plan in these End Days.  I've been watching the polls and they are soooo close.  Obama one day in one and McCain the next day in another.  It's so hard to say.
But if it is to be, I'd rather it be now and thereby bringing the Rapture that much sooner than to wait for another election.  And if Obama does win what pain this country is in for!  And if it wakes up those sleeping Christians and those that are sitting on the fence, then so be it.  I still believe and hope that there will be a big revival before Christ comes to collect his own!
I also agree that the church has not only grown lazy but many are corrupt with immorality.  I'm thinking of molestations and homosexuals.  It's quite discussting.

So let me throw out a question, because we haven't discussed it on here since losing out champion candidate a few months ago:  Do we vote for McCain or do we "write-in" the candidate we want?  I'm still praying on this and I'm not sure.  My whole deal is that whatever will be, will be God's plan but in the mean time, I want to be able to look myself in the mirror in the mornings.  Know what I mean?

In Christ,
Yvette

Hello Grammyluv,

Sister, I share your concerns and problems. I am also still praying about this and don't know how I'll vote in the election. It's possible that all of our options aren't in view yet, but it's also possible that our options will be worse than they are today. I have already considered a write-in or not voting at all. The announcement of running mates might change the overall picture again. Regardless, I still share your concerns and problems exactly. Who knows - we might be RAPTURED before the election! If not, I'll have a decision to make on the election that I'm not looking forward to.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 196 - Isaiah 41:10-12 Fear thou not; for I am
with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee;
yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of
my righteousness. 11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee
shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they
that strive with thee shall perish. 12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt
not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war
against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 06, 2008, 04:15:16 PM »

I have also considered the "not voting at all" and have decided that is one option that I cannot do. It would be like just throwing up my hands and saying I give up. Irregardless of what God's will is in the election I must try to do what is right by voting for the best candidate in regards to those things in their platform that would glorify God. I must continue in the good fight against evil as long as I am able. Yes, those things that God says will happen will happen. Evil will temporarily win out on earth, very temporary is all it will be. In the meantime I will continue the fight to the best of my ability.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 06, 2008, 07:16:37 PM »

Arabs deny Obama camp returned illegal donations
Candidate's staffers insist Gaza brothers refunded, but men say, 'We did not receive any money back'

Sen. Barack Obama's campaign contends it returned $33,500 in illegal contributions from Palestinians in Hamas-controlled Gaza, but the donors told WND today they have not received any money.

The Wall Street Journal reported it spoke to Obama officials who said the donations from three Palestinian brothers were received between Sept. 20 and Dec. 6 last year, and virtually all of the money was returned by Dec. 6. The campaign said, however, the refunds were not reported to the Federal Election Commission due to a technical error.

The Obama camp insisted the remaining $2,500 was refunded Monday and all of the refunds will be reflected soon in an amended report. The campaign said new controls are in place to prevent any similar attempts in the future.

But WND asked two of the brothers – Monir and Hasam Edwan – to respond to the campaign's claims.

"No, we did not receive any money back from the Obama campaign at any time," said Monir Edwan.

Last week, the blog Atlas Shrugs outlined the series of donations made last year by Monir Edwan and Hosam Edwan, totaling $29,521.54. A third brother, Yousef, reportedly gave the campaign about $4,000.

The Edwans continue to maintain – as they told WND earlier this week – that the financial transactions made on Obama's campaign website were not actual donations but purchases of "Obama for President" T-shirts. The transactions, however, were listed as donations in U.S. government election filings.

The donations violate election laws, including prohibitions on receiving contributions from foreigners and against accepting more than $2,300 from one individual during a single election.

A WND investigation tracked down the Edwans in the Tal Esaltan neighborhood of Rafah, a large refugee camp in the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip. The Edwans are a large clan that include top Hamas supporters.

The brothers denied their financial transactions were actual donations to Obama's campaign, claiming they purchased about $30,000 in Obama T-shirts from the presidential candidate's online store – a contention that did not hold up during a WND interview, when they changed their story several times.

"My brother Hosam and I knew that Obama will be a big hit even before he became a candidate. We knew the guy would be a celebrity in Gaza so we decided to invest the amount of $29,000 to buy Obama T-shirts from his website and sell them in Gaza," Monir Edwan told WND, speaking by cell phone from Gaza.

Asked how he managed to get shipments of T-shirts into the Gaza Strip during the time Israel imposed a tight closure, Edwan maintained the packages were sent to him by the U.S. Postal Service.

Monir Edwan said he wants Obama to be president.

"Not just the people in Gaza but people from all over the world are rooting for this great man," he told WND.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: August 07, 2008, 12:40:41 AM »

Why do people deny the holocaust?

The propaganda of denial often includes subtle misrepresentations, and pseudo-scientific constructs that may not be apparent without examining a topic thoroughly brother.

The  holocaust happened, there is to much evidence to say other wise.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: August 07, 2008, 12:43:18 AM »

"Not just the people in Gaza but people from all over the world are rooting for this great man," he told WND.

Sorry I'm not voting for the biggest liar around. That liar is called Obama-nation.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 07, 2008, 01:21:52 AM »

Sorry I'm not voting for the biggest liar around. That liar is called Obama-nation.

Brother Bob,

I'm still waiting and praying about what to do in this election. Regardless, I would never vote for Obama - even if he was the only choice on the ballot. I think we've still only seen the tip of the iceberg of Obama. What's left to see appears to be UGLY and even worse than what we've seen so far. It's really beyond imagination that he's a candidate for President. In terms of Obama's lying, it only happens when his lips move. This is sad but true. Just who is the real Obama, and what is he really like? He's slipping and showing glimpses of himself fairly often now. If one lies continually, it becomes impossible to keep up with what's already been said. However, the mainstream media is giving Obama a free pass so far. Someone needs to hold Obama accountable for what he says and does - AND THE PUBLIC NEEDS TO BE INFORMED!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 07, 2008, 01:34:39 AM »

Arabs deny Obama camp returned illegal donations
Candidate's staffers insist Gaza brothers refunded, but men say, 'We did not receive any money back'

Sen. Barack Obama's campaign contends it returned $33,500 in illegal contributions from Palestinians in Hamas-controlled Gaza, but the donors told WND today they have not received any money.

The Wall Street Journal reported it spoke to Obama officials who said the donations from three Palestinian brothers were received between Sept. 20 and Dec. 6 last year, and virtually all of the money was returned by Dec. 6. The campaign said, however, the refunds were not reported to the Federal Election Commission due to a technical error.

The Obama camp insisted the remaining $2,500 was refunded Monday and all of the refunds will be reflected soon in an amended report. The campaign said new controls are in place to prevent any similar attempts in the future.

But WND asked two of the brothers – Monir and Hasam Edwan – to respond to the campaign's claims.

"No, we did not receive any money back from the Obama campaign at any time," said Monir Edwan.

Last week, the blog Atlas Shrugs outlined the series of donations made last year by Monir Edwan and Hosam Edwan, totaling $29,521.54. A third brother, Yousef, reportedly gave the campaign about $4,000.

The Edwans continue to maintain – as they told WND earlier this week – that the financial transactions made on Obama's campaign website were not actual donations but purchases of "Obama for President" T-shirts. The transactions, however, were listed as donations in U.S. government election filings.

The donations violate election laws, including prohibitions on receiving contributions from foreigners and against accepting more than $2,300 from one individual during a single election.

A WND investigation tracked down the Edwans in the Tal Esaltan neighborhood of Rafah, a large refugee camp in the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip. The Edwans are a large clan that include top Hamas supporters.

The brothers denied their financial transactions were actual donations to Obama's campaign, claiming they purchased about $30,000 in Obama T-shirts from the presidential candidate's online store – a contention that did not hold up during a WND interview, when they changed their story several times.

"My brother Hosam and I knew that Obama will be a big hit even before he became a candidate. We knew the guy would be a celebrity in Gaza so we decided to invest the amount of $29,000 to buy Obama T-shirts from his website and sell them in Gaza," Monir Edwan told WND, speaking by cell phone from Gaza.

Asked how he managed to get shipments of T-shirts into the Gaza Strip during the time Israel imposed a tight closure, Edwan maintained the packages were sent to him by the U.S. Postal Service.

Monir Edwan said he wants Obama to be president.

Obama should not be in the presidential race...he should be in Gitmo.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 07, 2008, 11:15:44 AM »

OBAMA WON'T 'IMPOSE' FAITH ON HIS KIDS -- Democrat Barack Obama gave a brief interview with Newsweek about his faith as part of the magazine's July 21 cover story about his religious beliefs. Newsweek asked him: "Do you and Michelle talk to your girls about having a God? Jesus?"

"Well, we do, but we don't have a systematic course of study for the girls," he said. "We say grace at the table. They are inquiring minds, so whenever they have a question about God or faith, then I have a conversation with them.... I'm a big believer in a faith that is not imposed but taps into what's already there, their curiosity or their spirit."

He also was asked how often he attended Trinity United Church of Christ, where controversial pastor Jeremiah Wright (now retired) preached.

"At the beginning, we went fairly frequently," Obama said. "We were single, so I'd say we probably went two or three times a month. When we had Malia, our first child, we went less frequently, and that probably continued for a couple of years, just because -- I don't know if you've had the experience of taking young, squirming children to church, but it's not easy.... As they got older, we would go back a little more frequently, probably twice a month. But then I started campaigning for the United States Senate, and at that point I was in church every Sunday, maybe two, three churches a Sunday, but they weren't Trinity -- because that was one of the most effective ways for us to campaign and reach out to people. So, there was quite a big chunk of time, especially during the Senate race, where we might not have gone to Trinity for two, three months at a time."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 07, 2008, 02:26:57 PM »

Obama tells 7-year-old America not so great
Responds haltingly to girl who asked why he wants to be president

It's the question every presidential candidate must be prepared to answer, but when it was posed to Barack Obama by a 7-year-old yesterday, the Democratic senator seemed at a loss for words.

Appearing before a packed high school gym in Elkhart, Ind., the young girl asked Obama why he is running for the White House.

"America is, is no longer, uh, what it could be, what it, it once was," Obama said haltingly. "And I say to myself, I don't want that future for my children."

Talk-radio superstar Rush Limbaugh, who featured the clip on his show today, marveled that Obama didn't immediately speak of running because he loves America.

"You're running for president of the U.S., and you run down the country to a 7-year-old?" said an incredulous Limbaugh.

Limbaugh suggested someone should ask Obama to name the period when, in his opinion, America was as it should be.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 07, 2008, 02:44:38 PM »

Ask him to tell us what he tells his OWN children.  I bet that would be an eye opener!

MangoMan

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 07, 2008, 04:25:34 PM »

Honestly, one man can't by himself change the face of government.  Obama or McCain can influence it.  I guess what makes this race so pivotal is that the body or bueacracy (sp?) of government is corrupt and if Obama were to win, yeah, you'll see change like you won't believe.  Obama would be the head, but the head can't move if the body is not behind it.

I heard a quote once, don't know who originated it...

The punishment of a wise man not involved in government is being ruled by not so wise people.  Sub in Christians for the wise man, and non Christians for the not so wise people.  Chilling.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the