Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 10:54:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286958 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171505 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 09, 2008, 07:54:23 PM »

Ugh!  Followed by a deep melancoly sigh.  On one hand, I can't wait to get to heaven.  On the other, I want to meet that lady that God had in mind for me and I for her.  I had a friend who felt the same way, but with regards to that special man.  She went as far as predicting when the rapture would happen... the moment at her wedding when the pastor said "you may kiss your bride..." 

I can actually relate to that.  At times I think I'd like to have somebody special, but then I think about just how long would we have anyway?  Don't let the handle fool ya; I'm not all that old really.  And then I think how important is it to me really?  My life is pretty full and I enjoy it.  Putting God first has filled me up so if God were to put someone in my path it would just be a bonus! 
By the way, the only way I'll recoginize him is by the note pinned to his shirt from God: 
Dear Yvette,
this is the one I picked out for you!

Let us fight the good fight!
MangoMan

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 09, 2008, 09:05:00 PM »

Hello GrammyLuv,
Be Bold, Be Brave, and know thy Lord has an awesome sense of humor.  Don't be surprised it you see that man dressed as you described.  He is the God of the impossible, and He loves His children.  We are sooooo blessed and undeserving.  In that light, wowsers, comprehending eternity is mind blowing.  Each experience there will be phenomenal.
Sincerely,
The MangoMan
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 09, 2008, 10:30:54 PM »

Hello GrammyLuv,
Be Bold, Be Brave, and know thy Lord has an awesome sense of humor.  Don't be surprised it you see that man dressed as you described.  He is the God of the impossible, and He loves His children.  We are sooooo blessed and undeserving.  In that light, wowsers, comprehending eternity is mind blowing.  Each experience there will be phenomenal.
Sincerely,
The MangoMan

There's a book called "What Will Heaven Be Like?" by Jack Hartman.  It's a thin paperback and you can order it for $8.oo on line at Target or get it at your local bible book store.  But anyway it's a wonderful little book that he wrote after years of studying and gathering together what the Bible had to say about Heaven and then he lays it out in easy but mind blowing terms, describing the beauty of it and much more!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 09, 2008, 10:35:23 PM »

thy Lord has an awesome sense of humor. 

Isn't that cool.  I mean, He gave it to us right.  Can you imagine sitting around with Jesus and cracking up?  I can't wait.  I wonder if He knows any knock-knock jokes? 

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 09, 2008, 11:08:57 PM »

John Doe's door:

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ who?

Jesus Christ...Lord and Savior...died for all your sins...son of God...ring a bell?

No, sorry. Go away.

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Ferdie.

Ferdie who?

Ferdie last time. Open the door!

I don't know no Ferdie, go away!

At Heaven's Door.

Knock, Knock.

Who's there?

John Doe.

I know you not, go away.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 11, 2008, 02:28:23 PM »

Obama’s Dual Citizenship Disaster: an Overview

Since the story broke late Saturday that Barack Obama’s real Birth Certificate, now in Republican hands, has the name Barry Soetoro and not Barack Obama, as we predicted a couple of weeks ago, I notice that many people are still confused about the implications of dual citizenship for Obama.

The matter is somewhat complex, so I’ve decided to try to provide a summary, with the help of resident expert ”Judah Benjamin.”

Indonesian Connection

Soetoro is the name on Obama’s Birth Certificate (BC) because a new BC was issued when he was adopted by Lolo Soetoro, his step-father. His original BC, which we assume was issued for Barack Hussein Obama at birth, would have been sealed at the time of the adoption.

Barry Soetoro probably acquired Indonesian citizenship in approximately 1965-1966, and may still hold it. He possibly changed his legal name back to Barack Hussein Obama as an older child, teenager, or adult, possibly never did — but even if he did, this procedure would not result in a change to the BC.  (If he never legally changed his name back, I imagine his current name on the Presidential ballot would be invalid.)

The Birth Certificate published by Obama on his campaign website (still there, by the way) and distributed to the media was forged because the real BC on file is in the name Soetoro, an identity he apparently wanted to hide from the American people.

I am getting reports from different sources that Obama traveled to Pakistan in ‘81 with an Indonesian passport.

Prior to 2007 (and possibly earlier), Indonesian law did not permit dual citizenship.  Thus, if Obama actively kept his Indonesian citizenship, his US citizenship could be challenged.

I suspect that Obama may have dumped his Indonesian citizenship at some point along the way, to advance his political career.  But I would not be shocked if he still holds it.  This question, however, should not overshadow the serious problem of hiding his Indonesian identity from the electorate.

Kenyan Citizenship

I personally doubt that Obama holds Kenyan citizenship. If he did, he could be stripped of his US citizenship under US law.

Barack Hussein Obama probably was a citizen of the British Crown (first two years of his life) and, effective 1963, a citizen of Kenya by virtue of his father’s nationality.

Under the Constitution of Kenya, he would have automatically forfeited his citizenship at the age of 21 unless he affirmatively “claimed” it. If he took some action to keep his citizenship, that’s a big problem because 1) Kenya prohibits dual citizenship and 2) the US does not recognize dual citizenship with Kenya. Further under the Kenyan Constitution, given his circumstances, he could only have kept Kenyan Citizenship, if he had it, by means of a Ministerial, Prime Ministerial, or Presidential Decree. (Of course, Raila Odinga is Prime Minister of Kenya and Odinga’s father, Oginga Odinga, was Vice President of Kenya and Barack Hussein Obama, Sr, was a close ally of the older Odinga.)

If Obama retained his Kenyan citizenship and helped campaign for his cousin Odinga, that is especially problematic under Title 8 of the U.S. Code, the relevant language of which is:

a) A person who is a national of the United States whether by birth or naturalization, shall lose his nationality by voluntarily performing any of the following acts with the intention of relinquishing United States nationality—

(2) taking an oath or making an affirmation or other formal declaration of allegiance to a foreign state or a political subdivision thereof, after having attained the age of eighteen years…

Again, I don’t think that Obama has Kenyan citizenship.  I think that the Rocky Mountain report and Andy Martin’s work are poorly sourced on this point. I sometimes get the impression that Kenya serves as a diversion from the REAL PROBLEM, which is his Indonesian connection.   It would be shocking to get actual confirmation of current Kenyan citizenship.

Electability & Eligibility Issues

These revelations raise several troubling issues for Obama’s electability and eligibility.

Foremost, there is the concerted attempt to cover up his Indonesian background and dual citizenship/identity from the electorate.

Secondly, there is a potential Constitutional problem with a POTUS having held dual citizenship, and Obama knows it; thus, the deception.

The “natural-born” clause of Article II is commonly understood to relate to the place of birth, but more accurately relates to loyalty to country as Commander in Chief. That was the original intent of the founding fathers. In McCain’s case, there is no question because of his circumstances (born on military base to 2 US citizens, later joined the military, never had anything to do with Panama, etc.). In Obama’s case, it’s not nearly so clear, especially given his travels, relatives, and associations in some of these other countries.

In my mind, however, the biggest problem is that Sen. Obama has intentionally concealed his background, Indonesian identity, citizenship, and the fact that he was at one time Muslim.

What else is he hiding?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 11, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »

This information is circling the blogosphere and it has been validated as being factual information not just political rumors. I wonder why the MSM has not picked up and reported on this as of yet? Never mind, we all know the answer to that one.

MangoMan

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 11, 2008, 02:53:17 PM »

This is worthy of one of my trademark "Wowser" comments.  The plot thickens...
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 11, 2008, 11:33:05 PM »

John Doe's door:

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ who?

Jesus Christ...Lord and Savior...died for all your sins...son of God...ring a bell?

No, sorry. Go away.

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Ferdie.

Ferdie who?

Ferdie last time. Open the door!

I don't know no Ferdie, go away!

At Heaven's Door.

Knock, Knock.

Who's there?

John Doe.

I know you not, go away.

Love it!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 11, 2008, 11:33:39 PM »

This is worthy of one of my trademark "Wowser" comments.  The plot thickens...

Ditto!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 12, 2008, 04:53:39 AM »

I'll just say that Obama and everyone else who knew must be held to account, and they will be. It will be fun to watch when that happens.

The larger picture involves trust in government. At this point, it should be apparent to folks with common sense that those days are over. The overall system is corrupt and probably beyond repair. We can try, but we should already know that the entire world system is corrupt. I firmly believe that it is every Christian's duty to try and do what's right, regardless of how hard the effort becomes. It will take the SECOND COMING OF CHRIST to fix this increasingly corrupt and EVIL world.

Christians might not be on this earth much longer. While we are, our work in more important than ever. We should be yielding for GOD'S Use and know that the time grows short.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 421 - Psalms 46:8-10 Come, behold the works of
the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth. 9 He maketh wars
to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth
the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. 10 Be still,
and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be
exalted in the earth.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 12, 2008, 05:11:09 PM »

Could Obama strike down all state pro-life laws?

The editor of a pro-life news service says a draft copy of the proposed Democratic Party platform that will be approved later this month in Denver continues the party's historic pro-abortion stance and mirrors Barack Obama's extreme support for abortion.

The proposed Democratic Party platform announces unequivocal support for Roe v. Wade and direct taxpayer funding of abortions.  Steven Ertelt, editor of LifeNews.com, obtained the draft platform from a pro-life group that is urging the Democratic Party to moderate its stance on abortion.

Ertelt says the platform draft also expresses support for the so-called "Freedom of Choice Act" -- a bill Senator Obama promised Planned Parenthood last summer would be the first piece of legislation he signs as president. According to Ertelt, the measure would overturn all of the pro-life laws nationwide.

"In other words, that piece of legislation would overturn any laws that any state legislature has passed -- for example, prohibiting taxpayer funding of abortion, allowing parents a right to know when their teenage daughters are considering having an abortion, a right to know or informed consent, or any other common-sense limits like partial-abortion bans that we've put on the books. That would overturn all of those laws," he states bluntly.

Ertelt considers Obama the most pro-abortion presidential candidate since Roe v. Wade, noting the Illinois senator opposed a bill in the Illinois Legislature that would have protected babies who survived botched abortions. Obama says he opposed that bill because it did not contain language protecting Roe v. Wade, as the federal bill did. However, according to Ertelt, new documents show Obama opposed the bill even though it contained the same language as the federal bill.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 13, 2008, 12:06:16 AM »

Obama facing 'October surprise'
in Rev. Jeremiah Wright's book
Campaign's homestretch to feature
controversial pastor's publicity tour

Barack Obama may have quelled a self-described political "firestorm" by quitting Rev. Jeremiah Wright's controversial "black liberation" church, but the bombastic pastor is preparing to set off a bomb in the homestretch of the Democratic candidate's campaign.

Wright has an "October surprise" in store for Obama, reports New York magazine, with the launch of a publicity tour for his new book.

Highlighting the story in the UK's Spectator magazine, writer James Forsyth calls it a "huge problem for Obama," with the controversy over Wright's racial and anti-American sermons and his friendship with Obama "returning to the news agenda just as undecided voters begin to make up their minds."

The Obama campaign announced May 31 the senator's resignation from his 20-year membership at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago after months of political damage from repeated media airings of video clips from Wright sermons and probing into the church's radical race-oriented theology.

Wright, previously regarded by Obama as a spiritual mentor and adviser, retired this year as senior pastor of  Chicago church, but the minister maintains influence with an emeritus title.

In March, after the video clips began to damage Obama's poll numbers, the senator gave a speech in Philadelphia in which he denounced the pastor's remarks but refused to "disown" him.

In a January 2006 sermon, Wright called America the "No. 1 killer in the world" and blamed the country for launching the AIDS virus to maintain affluence at the expense of the Third World. The pastor reportedly said in a sermon just after 9/11, "The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color." In a 2003 sermon, Wright encouraged blacks to "damn America" in God's name and blamed the U.S. for provoking the 9/11 attacks by dropping nuclear weapons on Japan in World War II and supporting Israel since 1947.

In April, Wright made a series of media appearances, including a stop at the National Press Club in Washington in which he reaffirmed his assertion the U.S. brought the 9/11 attacks on itself, contending American soldiers in Iraq have died "over a lie" and calling news reporting of his sermons an attack on the black church.

During the press conference, Wright scolded media for the frequent broadcast of inflammatory remarks from his sermons, saying it is "not an attack on Jeremiah Wright, it is an attack on the black church."

The session with reporters touched on the issue of Obama distancing himself from Wright's speeches by claiming he was not in attendance to hear the anti-America and racially charged statements broadcast by media

A reporter asked whether Obama regularly attended church and paid attention during sermons.

"He goes to church about as much as you do," Wright replied. "What did your pastor preach in the last week? You don't know?"

Wright said he would not stop criticizing the U.S. government if Obama becomes president, because the complaints are over policy, not the people.

The pastor told the candidate, he said, if elected and inaugurated, "I'm coming after you."

During Wright's spring media blitz, Obama, meanwhile, gave an interview to "Fox News Sunday" in which he admitted his relationship with Wright is a political issue.

"I think that people were legitimately offended by some of the comments that he had made in the past," Obama told host Chris Wallace. "The fact that he is my former pastor I think makes it a legitimate political issue. So I understand that."

Obama argued, however, "it is also true that to run a snippet of 30-second sound bites, selecting out of a 30-year career, simplified and caricatured him, and caricatured the church. And I think that was done in a fairly deliberate way."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #478 on: August 13, 2008, 12:16:48 AM »

In a January 2006 sermon, Wright called America the "No. 1 killer in the world"

Me think Rev Wright need to look to the muslim world for that record holder!!

In a 2003 sermon, Wright encouraged blacks to "damn America" in God's name and blamed the U.S. for provoking the 9/11 attacks by dropping nuclear weapons on Japan in World War II and supporting Israel since 1947.

Hmmm with this comment, I really wonder if Rev Wright is Christian.

In April, Wright made a series of media appearances, including a stop at the National Press Club in Washington in which he reaffirmed his assertion the U.S. brought the 9/11 attacks on itself, contending American soldiers in Iraq have died "over a lie" and calling news reporting of his sermons an attack on the black church.

Okay, why isn't the ACLU involved?? Seems that when someone is racial, the ACLU gets involved. So if the ACLU isn't involved, that means Rev Wright is a liar. Which is a sin, against God!!

During the press conference, Wright scolded media for the frequent broadcast of inflammatory remarks from his sermons, saying it is "not an attack on Jeremiah Wright, it is an attack on the black church."

Well when you make news, you get to be the news. Rev Wright surly knew that before, his comments were made!!

"I think that people were legitimately offended by some of the comments that he had made in the past,"

I was highly offended by his usage of God's name in vain!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'll shut up now............................. Tongue Tongue Tongue

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 14, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »

An Old Newness
By Thomas Sowell

Many years ago, a great hitter named Paul Waner was nearing the end of his long career. He entered a ballgame with 2,999 hits, one hit away from the landmark total of 3,000, which so many hitters want to reach, but which relatively few actually do reach.

Waner hit a ball that the fielder did not handle cleanly but the official scorer called it a hit, making it Waner's 3,000th. Paul Waner then sent word to the official scorer that he did not want that questionable hit to be the one that put him over the top.

The official scorer reversed himself and called it an error.� Later Paul Waner got a clean hit for number 3,000! .

What reminded me of this is the great fervor that many seem to feel over the prospect of the first black President of the United States .

No doubt it is only a matter of time before there is a black president, just as it was only a matter of time before Paul Waner got his 3,000th hit. The issue is whether we want to reach that landmark so badly that we are willing to overlook how questionably that landmark is reached.

Paul Waner had too much pride to accept a scratch hit. Choosing a President of the United States is a lot more momentous than a baseball record. We the voters need to have far more concern about who we put in that office that holds the destiny of a nation and of generations yet unborn.

There is no reason why someone as arrogant, foolishly clever and ultimately dangerous as Barack Obama should become president, especially not at a time when the threat of international terrorists with nuclear weapons looms over 300 million Americans.

Many people seem to regard elections as occasions for venting emotions, like cheering for your favorite team or choosing a Homecoming Queen.

The three leading candidates for their party's nomination are being discussed in terms of their demographics, race, sex and age, as if that is what the job is about.

One of the painful aspects of studying great catastrophes of the past is discovering how many times people were preoccupied with trivialities when they were teetering on the edge of doom. The demographics of the presidency are far less important than the momentous weight of responsibility that office carries.

Just the power to nominate federal judges to trial courts and appellate courts across the country, including the Supreme Court, can have an enormous impact for decades to come. There is no point feeling outraged by things done by federal judges, if you vote on the basis of emotion for those who appoint them

Barack Obama has already indicate d that he wants judges who make social policy instead of just applying the law. He has already tried to stop young violent criminals from being tried as adults.

Although Senator Obama has presented himself as the candidate of new things, using the mantra of "change" endlessly, the cold fact is that virtually everything he says about domestic policy is straight out of the 1960s and virtually everything he says about foreign policy is straight out of the� 1930s.

Protecting criminals, attacking business, increasing government spending, promoting a sense of envy and grievance, raising taxes on people who are productive and subsidizing those who are not; all this is a re-run of the 1960s.

We paid a terrible price for such 1960s notions in the years that followed, in the form of soaring crime rates, double-digit inflation and double-digit unemployment. During the 1960s, ghettoes across the countries were ravaged by riots from which many have not fully recovered to this day.

The violence and destruction were concentrated not where there was the greatest poverty or injustice but where there were the most liberal politicians, promoting grievances and hamstringing the police.

Internationally, the approach that Senator Obama proposes, including the media magic of meetings between heads of state, was tried during the 1930s. That approach, in the name of peace, is what led to the most catastrophic war in human history.

Everything seems new to those too young to remember the old and too ignorant of history to have heard about it.

Thomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institute and author of Basic Economics: A Citizen's Guide to the Economy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The fundamental basis of this nation's laws
was given to Moses on the Mount. The
fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes
from the teachings of Isaiah and St. Paul . I
don't think we emphasize that enough these
days." ....Pres. Truman, February 15, 1950

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the