Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:38:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why did Christ have to die ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did Christ have to die ?  (Read 20038 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 08:43:30 AM »

Here's a few more from God's word to show you that God's plan has not changed but rather that it has only been man's understanding that has changed.

Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 3:10  For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Gal 3:21  Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22  But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Rom 4:13  For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Heb 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Heb 11:2  For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Heb 11:3  Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Heb 11:4  By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
Heb 11:5  By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
Heb 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Heb 11:7  By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
Heb 11:8  By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
Heb 11:9  By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
Heb 11:10  For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
Heb 11:11  Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
Heb 11:12  Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
Heb 11:13  These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14  For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15  And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16  But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
Heb 11:17  By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
Heb 11:18  Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
Heb 11:19  Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
Heb 11:20  By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
Heb 11:21  By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
Heb 11:22  By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
Heb 11:23  By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
Heb 11:24  By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
Heb 11:25  Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
Heb 11:26  Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
Heb 11:27  By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
Heb 11:28  Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
Heb 11:29  By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.
Heb 11:30  By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
Heb 11:31  By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
Heb 11:32  And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
Heb 11:33  Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
Heb 11:34  Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
Heb 11:35  Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
Heb 11:36  And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
Heb 11:37  They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
Heb 11:38  (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
Heb 11:39  And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It is faith that saved those of old as it does now, for no man has been justified by the works of the law.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 12:54:47 PM »

Amen Brothers! You guys said it best.  Smiley

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 12:15:08 AM »

I am so thankful for the mercy of God knowing what we are and still loving us to send His Son to die for our sin and to rise again to prove every word true. Knowing this dispells pride in all of us..No matter how much religion and rituals we bring into the church to try to be more spiritual than the next religion still does not even touch what Jesus Christ alonr has done for us by just loving us to die that we can be free from sin.  My mind cannot even comprehend the love of God to me nor His mercy that He bestows on this world.  From  the sin Adam and Eve brought, God in His great mercy and love gave us a way back to th Father and it is only through Jesus th Precious Lamb of God.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 01:05:09 AM »

I am so thankful for the mercy of God knowing what we are and still loving us to send His Son to die for our sin and to rise again to prove every word true. Knowing this dispells pride in all of us..No matter how much religion and rituals we bring into the church to try to be more spiritual than the next religion still does not even touch what Jesus Christ alonr has done for us by just loving us to die that we can be free from sin.  My mind cannot even comprehend the love of God to me nor His mercy that He bestows on this world.  From  the sin Adam and Eve brought, God in His great mercy and love gave us a way back to th Father and it is only through Jesus th Precious Lamb of God.

AMEN!

ag22plug

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 01:02:18 PM »

Hello Again Chris,

People won't accept one-liners for the same reasons why you didn't. You wind up spending as much or more time trying to explain the one-liners. If one-liners were appropriate and sufficient, GOD would have already given them to us.

The Holy Bible is very small for something so important, but it contains many answers that people want to know in making decisions. It answers your questions, but not with one sentence. However, I'll give you one sentence to see how you will react to it:

I AM the ONE GOD you will believe, accept, love, and obey - OR you will spend eternity in fire!

Well i do accept one liners ..for what the are..an entry point into a more complete discussion ; i want to end spending time explaining the one-liner,because then i have caught my monkey!
We have different ways of trying to bring people to Christ and i dont have the depth of knowledge or social skills to get straight into in-depth discussions with people "in the street".
Once i have "caught my monkey" i often have to refer them on to an expert for "futher processing" .

This discussion was supposed to be about Christ dying, and it seems to have sidetracked too much for my likeing.
I would like to wrap it up with my findings and start new threads on the new questions which have arissen.

thanks for your help so far,
  chris.
ag22plug

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »

Answering the last bit of reply 14 by blackeyedpeas,

Sorry i forgot that bit ; i will answer your one-liner (ha,ha),as best i can.

"I am the one God"...yes i know you are
"you will believe"...yes i do
"accept"...i accept and embrace you
"love"...you know i do,and you know i know what that means
"and obey"...yes i know im a bit weak here,but you know i mean well.
"or you will spend eternity in fire"...something worse than fire i suspect.

This would be a good new discussion with "one line answers" only allowed

cheers Chris.
ag22plug

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 01:51:43 PM »

In answer to Reply 13 by Blackeyedpeas,

Thanks for your well written post, but i find the overall point unacceptable.
I dont want to say much here because i will start a new discussion on the subject soon.
This is a bigger questiion to me than my original post.

cheers for now, Chris.
ag22plug

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 02:05:01 PM »

In reply to Pastor Rogers reply 15,

This discussion has sidetracked too much for my likeing so i will start a new discussion on this subject ,along with others which have arrissen.

cheers for now , Chris.
Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »

In reply to Pastor Rogers reply 15,

This discussion has sidetracked too much for my likeing so i will start a new discussion on this subject ,along with others which have arrissen.

cheers for now , Chris.
So we could go home
Love in Jesus Def

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 04:45:03 PM »

Actually this thread has stayed very much on topic. All the posts have been on the same subject.

This would be a good new discussion with "one line answers" only allowed

Unfortunately for you, you do not make the rules for threads on this forum. As has already been said, it requires much more than just one liners in order to answer a question without leaving doubt in peoples minds or self interpretations of a persons meanings on a subject. Just so that there is no doubt in your mind as to my meaning, if it requires a whole page to explain something in God's word then I will do so because I will not compromise in the least bit on God's word.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 08:28:26 PM »

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 06:13:07 PM »

In thought of one liners...I well remember daily the one liner..WE WILL STAND BEFORE GOD AND GIVE ACCOUNT...
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 05:55:36 PM »

I'd love to add one more example from the Way of the Master, about how to explain in easy terms why Christ died:

"If you stand before a judge, an there's a $50,000 fine against you and the judge says, "Do you have anything to say?" and you say "Judge, I won't commit the crime again, I won't do it again, I'm really sorry."

He won't let you go, just cause you're sorry, cause you won't do it again. Of course you're sorry, you've broken the law. and of course you shouldn't do it again. He will not let you go on the basis of being sorry and not doing it again.

BUT if someone pays your fine, then the judge can let you go. Justice has been done.

And God will not forgive you just cause you're sorry. Of course you should be sorry if you commit adultery, if you watch filthey movies, your conscience will condemn you. If you lie, or steal, or lust you know in your heart you're doing wrong , and of course you sholdn't do it again. God will not forgive you just on the basis that you're repentant or that you're contrite. BUT if someone paid your fine, THEN God will forgive you on the basis that someone paid your fine.

2000 years ago. Jesus Christ paid the fine for the sins of the world. The Bible says He was bruised for our iniquities. God made Him who knew no sin to be a sin-offering for us.

Jesus took the punishment. John the Baptist said of Jesus 'Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.' A substitutionary death. He paid our fine. He rose from the dead and defeated death.

And if you'll repent AND trust in Him, God will forgive your sins and grant you everlasting life on the basis THAT JESUS TOOK YOUR PUNISHMENT. On the basis that He paid your fine. That's why He died, and that's what His death accomplished.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 10:09:25 PM »

Jesus did not "have to die" He did it willingly out of love..
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 11:00:07 PM »

AMEN SISTERS!

Everything changed at the CROSS! The CROSS was and is the biggest and most precious event in history. GOD was never pleased with burnt offerings and other temporary sacrifices for sin. They didn't glorify GOD, mainly because the sacrifices were inadequate.

As a stark contrast, the Sacrifice of JESUS CHRIST on the CROSS was perfect and HOLY. There are many stark contrasts at the CROSS, and the all boil down to a love GOD has for us that can't be equaled. There is no greater love. The JUST died for the unjust. The HOLY took punishment that was due the unholy. The INNOCENT paid for the guilty. In short, CHRIST was the only Perfect and Holy Sacrifice. HE became our Righteousness because we don't have any Righteousness. HE also stands as COMPLETELY WORTHY for the UNWORTHY. HIS Children are seen in and through HIM, and they have been rescued from the curse of sin and death forever!

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the