Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:12:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286811 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why did Christ have to die ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did Christ have to die ?  (Read 20072 times)
Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 04:20:58 PM »

Here's a few more from God's word to show you that God's plan has not changed but rather that it has only been man's understanding that has changed.

Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 3:10  For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Gal 3:21  Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22  But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Rom 4:13  For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Heb 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Heb 11:2  For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Heb 11:3  Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Heb 11:4  By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
Heb 11:5  By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
Heb 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Heb 11:7  By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
Heb 11:8  By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
Heb 11:9  By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
Heb 11:10  For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
Heb 11:11  Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
Heb 11:12  Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
Heb 11:13  These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14  For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15  And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16  But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
Heb 11:17  By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,
Heb 11:18  Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:
Heb 11:19  Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
Heb 11:20  By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
Heb 11:21  By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
Heb 11:22  By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
Heb 11:23  By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
Heb 11:24  By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
Heb 11:25  Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
Heb 11:26  Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
Heb 11:27  By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
Heb 11:28  Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
Heb 11:29  By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.
Heb 11:30  By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
Heb 11:31  By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
Heb 11:32  And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
Heb 11:33  Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
Heb 11:34  Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
Heb 11:35  Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
Heb 11:36  And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
Heb 11:37  They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
Heb 11:38  (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
Heb 11:39  And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It is faith that saved those of old as it does now, for no man has been justified by the works of the law.

HALLELUJAH!!

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2008, 02:55:16 PM »

Until the time of our Lord, the preist perversed the word of God & Man once again had no hope of Salvation
and the wall was once again between man & God...
He died because he desired to do his Fathers Will, Gods will for him to die Was for us, Because he Loves us...
Remember he(Jesus) asked him to take this cup from him & then repented & said your will be done?
He had a moment where he was affraid & Cried in Agony & did'nt want to die, Angels were sent to strengthen him.
He was Sacrificed for you & me, The same as the lambs were sacrificed for the sins of the people in the olden days.
He was the FINAL Sacrifice given unto man that is needed to enter the Kingdom of God....
YLBD
The shorter version: Because he loves us...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2008, 10:09:39 PM »

AMEN LITTLEBOY!

I know that the devil suffered a crushing blow at the CROSS. JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF is now the Mediator and Advocate for the children of THE KING OF KINGS. The HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD is in our hearts and Sealed it as a possession of GOD. No power can break this HOLY SEAL. It is also a Pledge of the PROMISES OF GOD.

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2008, 10:48:55 PM »

Remember he(Jesus) asked him to take this cup from him & then repented & said your will be done?
That isn't 100% correct.
He said "if possible, let this cup be passed but let your will be done, not mine."
Also Jesus never repented.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2008, 11:13:28 PM »

That isn't 100% correct.
He said "if possible, let this cup be passed but let your will be done, not mine."
Also Jesus never repented.

Amen, brother. To say that Jesus repented is to say that He had sinned. Jesus was the perfect sacrifice therefore was without sin.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2008, 11:51:42 PM »

Amen Brother David!

This is a beautiful thread. This could be a very lengthy study guided by JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF and the Apostle Paul. It's really about what changed at the CROSS and why the CROSS was the most precious event in history.  In fact, the CROSS is a focal point for us to understand all of the most important things we need to know. The CROSS is the most logical dividing point for history. There are events leading up to the CROSS, and there are events caused by the CROSS. The devil and all evil hate the CROSS because IT IS the ONLY WAY to break the curse of sin and death. The devil had a great victory with Adam. The devil suffered a great defeat with JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:12-14 NASB
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned -- for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

2 Timothy 1:7-12 NASB
For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity, but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle and a teacher. For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.

Romans 5:17-18 NASB
For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.  So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.

Romans 6:10-14 NASB
For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Romans 8:1-2 NASB
Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2008, 03:06:18 PM »

What i meant by repenting was that,
Instead of sticking to his 1st comment as he was crying in agony, If possible take this cup from me,However your will be done..
Which means he did'nt want to suffer what was about to happen to him
and if it was possible find another way, 3 times he did this, Asking God to find another way...
I did'nt mean to imply that the Lord Sinned and had to repent for it....
Just the mind set of his thinking between don't let this happen to me & your will be done...
Maybe repent was the wrong word, However he knows what i meant....
Remember in the end the sins of the world fell upon him & he had his moment of Doubt When he ask God "Why have you forsaken me".
God could'nt even look upon his own son who sin had come upon...
"Why did Jesus have to die?"= For the Sprinkling of his Blood!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2008, 05:32:22 PM »

What i meant by repenting was that,
Instead of sticking to his 1st comment as he was crying in agony, If possible take this cup from me,However your will be done..
Which means he did'nt want to suffer what was about to happen to him
and if it was possible find another way, 3 times he did this, Asking God to find another way...
I did'nt mean to imply that the Lord Sinned and had to repent for it....
Just the mind set of his thinking between don't let this happen to me & your will be done...
Maybe repent was the wrong word, However he knows what i meant....
Remember in the end the sins of the world fell upon him & he had his moment of Doubt When he ask God "Why have you forsaken me".
God could'nt even look upon his own son who sin had come upon...
"Why did Jesus have to die?"= For the Sprinkling of his Blood!

Hello Littleboy,

I thought that I knew what you meant. As an example, it is completely correct to say that GOD never repents of a Promise that HE makes. There are several quite appropriate ways that the word "repent" is used in English translations of the Holy Bible. It does indicate "to take back" in many portions of Scripture, especially those that deal with the Promises of GOD. This is an example of why we still need the original Hebrew and Greek. GOD obviously has nothing to be sorry for, and GOD is HOLY, SPOTLESS, AND PERFECT. Brother, I give thanks that GOD is ever faithful and will keep all of HIS Promises perfectly. It's a beautiful thing to study GOD'S Promises to us. They should cause us to fall on our face and cry out with our THANKS! GOD is worthy of our Worship and Praise. ALL Glory goes to HIM!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:11-14 NASB
also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory. In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the