Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:27:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Regarding Forgiveness
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Regarding Forgiveness  (Read 3821 times)
ag22plug

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2007, 02:04:58 PM »

Lets assume a Man and a woman are long standing friends (maybe married) and the woman decides to ditch the man, and after conning him out of his savings and house decides to sever all ties with him and shuns him totally.
We also assume that the Man is hurt every day by this treatment and the woman knows this.

Some time later in her life the woman comes to be born again and she gets on her knees and begs forgiveness for continually hurting her man , pledging to the Lord never to do that sort of thing again; BUT.. she refuses to contact the man to offer to minimise his suffering and ask his forgiveness, prefering to continue shunning him and encouraging others to do so.   

Will God forgive her and cover up her sins with Christs attoning blood ?
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 02:31:53 PM »

If she is not willing to contact the man and ask his forgiveness, I would say she has not really repented and isn't as sorry as she claims. God knows a person's heart and mind and won't be fooled by a fake confession. He only forgives a person who truly repents and is sorry. Saying "God forgive me" isn't enough if there is no repentance. Criminals are often sorry for what they do (like Judas), but they're not always sorry enough to ask for forgiveness and mean it.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 03:27:30 PM »

I would have to say that there maybe more things to consider that what has been said here. Was there legal ramifications, in other words did the man bring any court charges over the incident. If so it may not be wise to contact the man directly. Is there another woman the man is now involved and contacting that man now may cause the man more problems because of his current relationship. There are things such as this and more that needs to be consider prior to any contact with him now. I would say that in addition to these things the foremost thing is that the woman needs to give it to the Lord in prayer and that if He wants her to do so that He will provide the proper opportunity to do so. Whether she makes any sort of restitution with the man or not God does know the heart, He is the only one that truly can. He will know the sincerity of the woman.

If you are talking monetary restitution if contact with him may cause further problems perhaps it would be best to do so anonymously.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 03:31:54 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ag22plug

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 03:08:19 PM »

If she is not willing to contact the man and ask his forgiveness, I would say she has not really repented and isn't as sorry as she claims. God knows a person's heart and mind and won't be fooled by a fake confession. He only forgives a person who truly repents and is sorry. Saying "God forgive me" isn't enough if there is no repentance. Criminals are often sorry for what they do (like Judas), but they're not always sorry enough to ask for forgiveness and mean it.

Thanks for that , i just wanted to hear someone say that.
ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 10:34:28 AM »

Thanks for that , i just wanted to hear someone say that.

There is a slight problem here! You got the answer you were looking for, so your emotions, and your self-indulgence
was satisfied. My next question is why seek for an answer that you feel you already have? As children of God we must
go beyond what is the normally accepted standards of society, and embrace the word of God as being absolute!

Was the woman right in what she did/ is doing? no. but here is the hard part: If the person who is offended continues
to let it eat at him, then he has not forgiven either! Holding a grudge, resentment, or bitterness does not hurt
anyone but the person holding the grudge,etc. Matt. chapter 6 tell us that we should ask God to forgive us, AS WE
FORGIVE OTHERS!

My , and your salvation, is not based upon feelings,or emotions, or even what we believe to be true! We are saved
because Jesus shed his blood. We know this to be true because the Word of God tells us so. I stand upon the
truth of the word, not what I think, feel or want. God said it, that settles it! Grin
Paul said I die daily; if I kick a dead body it will not jump up and say that hurt! In the same manner we must learn to
rely totally on Jesus to help us past our emotions, and feelings until we stand in the truth of the word that says
for me to live is Christ. We are an epistle written of God for all men to read, what kind of Epistle are we showing?
If Jesus can forgive all that he went thru for me, can I do anything less for him?

I know that words are easy, and that when a person is hurt they want to lash out and attack; but I beg you to try
this instead. Pray for that person(she needs it) and ask God to bless her in every way. You will find it very hard to
hold resentment against someone you are praying for. Soon your prayer will no longer be a sacrifice, but will be
another testimony of the power of God in your life

sincerely yours in Yeshua

ravenloche

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the