Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:34:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  When J.W.s come calling...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When J.W.s come calling...  (Read 1035 times)
bronzesnake

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2007, 03:33:54 AM »

I know that most of us have had J.W.'s at our door from time to time.
For the most part, these are really decent people, who have been indoctrinated with false teachings, and believe they are actually doing God’s work.

I try to be patent with these people, but some of them seem to actually be purposefully deceitful.
Recently, two young ladies came knocking, and I was ready with the true Bible at hand.

I refused to accept their literature, and they began the pitch.
One young lady started out asking me why I refused the pamphlet, and I told her it was because the information within the pamphlet was based on erroneous scriptures. Of course, she immediately “informed” me that the N.W.T was simply a translation written in easy to understand, modern language. I called her on that piece of disinformation, and explained that was not true, which she must have surely been told many times before she darkened my door. I was a wee bit upset at this deceit.
She asked me to explain (as if she didn’t know) and I told her the N.W.T. was an inaccurate translation, and that the translation team in charge of putting that book together, were not qualified to translate any of the original text into English, and that scriptures were added, and scriptures taken away, which were not in the original ancient manuscripts.

I informed her that four out of the five men on the N.W.T. translation committee had no Hebrew or Greek training at all. They had only a high school education. Only one, Fred Franz, studied Greek for two years at the University of Cincinnati, but dropped out after his sophomore year. When asked in a Scotland courtroom if he could translate Genesis 2:4 into Hebrew, Franz replied that he could not. The truth is that Franz was unable to translate Hebrew or Greek!

I also let her know I was aware the translators, or mistranslators, used the name JEHOVAH in the NT portion over two hundred times where the Greek text has KURIOS (LORD). The fat is that JEHOVAH is never mentioned in the true N.T.

Another way in which the NWT has systematically abused the divine names or titles is in its handling of text in which Jesus is called God (Isa 9:6; John 1:1,18; 20:28; Rom 9:5; Titus 2:13; Heb. 1:8; 2 Peter 1:1; 1 John 5:20; Acts 20:28), of these, the NWT translates four so that Jesus is not called God at all (Rom 9:5; Titus 2:13; Heb. 1:8; 2 Peter 1:1), and two so that he is "A god" or "god" (John 1:1, 18). The remaining three texts (Isa 9:6; John 20:28; 1 John 5:20), are not mistranslated, but are interpreted so that either Jesus is not called God at all or he is called God only in a lesser sense. In short, wherever possible, the NWT translates texts that call Jesus God in such a way as to keep the text from making that identification!

I asked the ladies to read Rev 22:18-19...
Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

I went on to drive the point home with a final question for them...

I asked them to imagine they had saved a large sum of money in order to purchase a very expensive oil painting.
Then I asked them to imagine another identical oil painting came on the market, and after an investigation it was discovered that one was substantially older.
The question I asked then was...which oil painting would they want of the two...the older one, or the newer one?

The look on their faces was priceless!

The fact is this...
There are many "religions" out there, and all of them will tell you "theirs" is the truth...however, there is only one truth...truth is not subjective.
The Judaeo/Christian bible predates all the pretenders...it has the handprint of God all over it.
NEVER has any historical, or archaeological discovery EVER been shown to put any scripture in disrepute!
God gave us prophecy, so we could have even more confidence that this is His truth my friends.
We do not need to be fooled by pretenders.
God gave a clear unmistakable warning at the end of His message, which warns that any other book which adds or takes away any of His message, and purports to be truth, comes with a free ticket to damnation for those who write it, and those who follow it.

All the fakes have serious errors in them...only one has stood the test of time.

Praise His Holy Name!

John
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the