Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:12:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Spin Doctors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spin Doctors  (Read 1022 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2003, 11:59:01 AM »

I can't remember the details, but several times over the last few years, I've noticed when listening to early morning radio news, that later on in the day the particular story is revised, edited, or left out altogether.

This morning it seems to have happened again.  The 7a.m CBS radio news mentioned, and I quote, that the Feds, are appealing to "the wrath of God" in apprehension of whoever  murdered an assistant Federal D.A. in the Pennsylvania farm fields Wednesday night(today is Friday).  The D.A. was apparently working on a plea bargain with defense attorneys of a pair of rapper thugs in jail on drug traffiking and other related charges.

The 8am report made no mention of the "wrath of God" quote.

My take:  The day's spin doctors don't get to work until after 7.  Thus the earlier report was as it was quoted; the later report and, I'm guessing, throughout the remainder of today, would deliberatly leave that part out.

Why:  Too embarrassing for the news media:  How could the media be espousing "the wrath of God" in solving a heinous and horrible crime(the d.a. has a wife and family in Balitmore... Cry), and yet just weeks earlier be condemning Judge Moore for espousing the cornerstone Ten Commandments of that very same God, they are calling down the wrath of?  Too much crow for the news media to publicly have to eat.

So they edit the embarrassing parts out--at least as soon as they can get to work in the morning, or get on the phone to (ahem) *correct" the nightly news staff.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 01:46:26 PM »

Yeah, like the recent cop beating. Earlier in the day, it was a 400 lbs junkie who attacked a cop, and  who only had bruises on his lower half, and had no sign of internal damage from the beating, but by that night, we was 350 black man and who died as the result of beating from the white police officers. It is strange, Fox new always shows the clip with the guy tackling the officer, then fast forwards to the beating ,while the rest only show the beat. And they wonder why cops are disgruntled. You know, I’m a 19 year old disaffected college student, and even I know who the bad guys are in this case! I don’t know what is wrong with everyone else!

End rant Smiley

Anyways, God is a conveyance to most. Only used when Insurance Companies don’t want to pay up, and some nut job want attention (like Newdow and Moore). And, of course, when regular curse words are not enough.  God isn’t creator of the universe, he is one of the guys we blame for the bad stuff. Why look in ourselves for the problem when Bush, McDonald’s, and Jesus are in the spotlight?  

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 06:20:41 PM »

The truth of the matter is that no one is reporting the news any more.

It is all being editorialized by politicos passing off as reporters, by inserting a word or two, they can get  can get the desired reactions from the constituent base.

And since they are not good at reporting the news, they have to work the nite and graveyard shifts.

Spin doctors is the right word which defines then.

Petro

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 10:54:32 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

It's hard to tell who's responsible for what in the news media. It is highly political both inside and outside of the news agency. I've met hundreds of young reporters who were pushed to write things they didn't believe in. I've also seen many of them disappointed to see the hatchet job on their work after the editor got through with it. I really don't blame some of the young reporters. Some of the young reporters really want the real story in the news, but their power is limited by editors with agendas. There is no such thing as a news agency without some degree of political slant. For some, it isn't just a slant, rather the story doesn't resemble the truth.

Some of the news agencies are so bad that giving them a written statement may not result in an accurate story. This is especially true in police work. If you give them an oral statement, you have to plan every word with the knowledge they will probably cut and use only what they want. The same is true of a written statement, and you can be sure it will be editorialized.

If there is something big and important you want to know about, the only way I know to get a fairly good idea about the truth is to use multiple sources of news. Somewhere in between is the truth.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2003, 11:09:39 PM »

Hmmm...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the