Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:47:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Air Force Basic
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Air Force Basic  (Read 8901 times)
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2007, 08:51:17 PM »

Well, the day has come. I ship out Tuesday November 27th for Basic Military Training at Lackland AFB in San Antonio Texas. It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. I wish you and yours a happy holiday season and many blessings. See ya in 8 weeks.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 08:59:33 PM »

Congratulations, brother. I'm sure that you're going to enjoy yourself.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Eva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 10:06:16 PM »

God Bless you for your upcoming service.

Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 11:13:27 PM »

God Bless and keep you safe always! And give you the strength , courage and wisdom during your service!!

Luv in Christ
Tigerlily..

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 12:40:26 AM »

Hello Brother Joshua,

It's great to hear from you and CONGRATULATIONS! You'll be in our prayers that GOD will watch over you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 04:07:12 PM »

Joshua...... brother, I'll be keeping you in prayers.

twitterbugdust

I am devinely favored... oh yes!! and flavored too

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 06:47:21 PM »

I stand at attention in salute!!! As the daughter of a career soldier I respect your decision and give you honor... May the Lord lead and guide you ... in all your ways acknowlege him and he shall direct your paths...and remember the steps of a righteous man are ordered of the Lord... You will come across great temptation and it will be a challenge to stand up for who you are and what you believe... during those times you will find that cleansing yourself with his word will be a great source of strength ...Let him go before you... our strength is made perfect only thru him... when you get to the point where you feel like you can't go on...(those times will come) remember that when you have given all that you have and all of your strength God comes along to make perfect your strength...He is the lifter of your head...  You can do all things thru Christ who strengthens you....

I am not trying to be a nay sayer... just stating the facts and encouraging you ... I pray that these words from scripture will come to you in your time of need and bless you and provide encouragement...

You are devinely favoured

Wendy

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass... I have learned to dance in the rain,jump in mud puddles, and sing "Bulah Land" all at the same time ... it makes the enemy mad...
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 09:19:29 PM »

You will love it, Joshua. I really did--about as much as I love having my teeth pulled. Grin Yeah, right! OK, seriously now. I did the first half of my basic training at Lackland in November, 1965 and went to Gunther AFB in Alabama for the second half. I froze my butt off in Texas and roasted in Alabama. I couldn't adjust from winter weather in Texas to summer weather in December in Alabama

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 04:57:37 PM »

Yes, I loved basic lol...not really.  I survived basic and am now at technical training at Keesler AFB in MS. The weather sucks, but it's ok, i'm bored on the weekends, but that's because i cannot go off base, and it's the whole meeting new people and all that. But it's fun and interesting.Oh well, off to chow...laterz

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 05:14:19 PM »

Congratulations, brother. Those boring weekends give you lots of time for study.  Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 05:37:14 PM »

Congratulations!!

Glad to hear your doing okay brother.......... study good!! Wink

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 09:07:27 AM »

Yes lots of good time for Study...and do not forget that Sundays have worship services....even if they are not your denomination you can attend. 

Just do not get sucked into the pit of alcohol which is incredibly easy to do in the military and it is a temptation with lots of peer pressure to join.

Good luck and learn all you can and take advantage of every opportunity the military has to offer.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 08:31:19 AM »

Yes, I loved basic lol...not really.  I survived basic and am now at technical training at Keesler AFB in MS. The weather sucks, but it's ok, i'm bored on the weekends, but that's because i cannot go off base, and it's the whole meeting new people and all that. But it's fun and interesting.Oh well, off to chow...laterz

YEAH!  CONGRATULATIONS!

You are in our prayers.  It's great to hear from you, and I'm very happy to hear things are going well for you. Please do stop in from time to time and keep us posted about how you are doing.

In the meantime:

Love In Christ,
Tom

Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 04:03:28 PM »

Congratulations, brother. I'm sure that you're going to enjoy yourself.

I take it you didn't do basic training? It's not fun.

Anyway, Joshua, I did mine in November and December of 1965. I froze in November at Lackland and roasted in December in Alabama and hated every minute of it. As hot as Alabama was in December I would hate to be there in the summer. We had guys passing out from the heat.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 04:53:48 PM »

Yep, I did basic at Great Lakes from Nov 1969 to Feb 1970. The gas chambers were down, the obstacle course was snowed under, I never had to pull snow watch or do retribution on the grinder. The motivation exercises were a welcome activity for me. The worst that I had to do was take "swimming lessons" in a very cold indoor pool and to march to classes and chow in the cold, snow and freezing rain. All a piece of cake compared to Viet Nam and Desert Storm.

Besides that I was referring to the technical training that he is in now.  Wink Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the