Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:54:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bible Triva
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bible Triva  (Read 139294 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: April 05, 2009, 11:52:16 AM »

Judges 17

1 A man named Micah lived in the hill country of Ephraim. 2 One day he said to his mother, “I heard you curse the thief who stole eleven hundred pieces* of silver from you. Well, here they are. I was the one who took them.”
“The Lord bless you for admitting it,” his mother replied.

Thank you brother David.  And it's nice to know that we can recieve blessings even for admitting our sins.

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 05, 2009, 11:58:59 AM »

Who murdered Shallum and took his place on the throne of Israel?

(Judges, 2Kings, Jude)

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 13, 2009, 11:39:08 AM »

Who murdered Shallum and took his place on the throne of Israel?

(Judges, 2Kings, Jude)

2 Kings 15:14 (New International Version)
14 Then Menahem son of Gadi went from Tirzah up to Samaria. He attacked Shallum son of Jabesh in Samaria, assassinated him and succeeded him as king.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 13, 2009, 11:43:13 AM »

Hello Brothers and Sisters in Christ!  Due to a lack of my free time, I will not be posting in this thread for a while.  Maybe I'll bring it back at a later date.  Thank you all for your participation!  It's been a lot of fun learning some fun facts in God's Word with you!
In Christ,
Grammyluv

SensusPlenior

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 14, 2009, 02:06:32 PM »

Hi, I am new to this forum and caught the very first post of this thread. Sorry I am so late to play.

The first post asked who the first prophets was, and the given answer was Abraham.

Although the first time someone is called a prophet was Abraham, there are apparent prophets before him.

In naming Noah, Lamech makes a prophecy: Ge 5:29  "And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed." And Noah gave the earth a type of rest as his name signifies, but it was a prophecy of Christ giving us rest through the cross.

Before this Adam prophesies:

Gen 2.24  Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Eph 5.31  For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32  This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church

It is apparent that Paul considers Adam to have spoken a prophecy about Christ. Which makes him a prophet who was earlier than Abraham.

Now if you consider that source theory of P.J. Wiseman, the author of Gen 1 was someone before Moses, and the first prophecy is contained in a riddle of Gen 1.1.

In the beginning... since Christ is the alpha and omega, the riddle starts with "In Christ"

Elohim has a pun which means "the not dark" Since Christ is the Light, according to John, Elohim is replaced with Christ.

The word created also has a second meaning of 'cut down' when vowels (which were added much later) are ignored.

And in other riddles which intertwine with this one we discover that "heavens and earth" represent the dual nature of Christ as God and man.

So if the riddles are real, the first prophecy says: In Christ, Christ cut down the dual-natured Christ.  Riddles are the domain of children and kings, and this first riddle summarizes the whole of the Bible very well, and may make the author of Genesis 1 the first prophet although he isn't mentioned. which may disqualify him as the answer to the first question.

But Adam should get the prize.  ;-)

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 14, 2009, 02:32:26 PM »

Hi, I am new to this forum and caught the very first post of this thread. Sorry I am so late to play.

The first post asked who the first prophets was, and the given answer was Abraham.

Although the first time someone is called a prophet was Abraham, there are apparent prophets before him.

In naming Noah, Lamech makes a prophecy: Ge 5:29  "And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed." And Noah gave the earth a type of rest as his name signifies, but it was a prophecy of Christ giving us rest through the cross.

Before this Adam prophesies:

Gen 2.24  Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Eph 5.31  For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32  This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church

It is apparent that Paul considers Adam to have spoken a prophecy about Christ. Which makes him a prophet who was earlier than Abraham.

Now if you consider that source theory of P.J. Wiseman, the author of Gen 1 was someone before Moses, and the first prophecy is contained in a riddle of Gen 1.1.

In the beginning... since Christ is the alpha and omega, the riddle starts with "In Christ"

Elohim has a pun which means "the not dark" Since Christ is the Light, according to John, Elohim is replaced with Christ.

The word created also has a second meaning of 'cut down' when vowels (which were added much later) are ignored.

And in other riddles which intertwine with this one we discover that "heavens and earth" represent the dual nature of Christ as God and man.

So if the riddles are real, the first prophecy says: In Christ, Christ cut down the dual-natured Christ.  Riddles are the domain of children and kings, and this first riddle summarizes the whole of the Bible very well, and may make the author of Genesis 1 the first prophet although he isn't mentioned. which may disqualify him as the answer to the first question.

But Adam should get the prize.  ;-)

WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

There are numerous possible translations from the ancient languages used to write the Holy Bible. That's just one reason why we must put portions of Scripture in context and expend more effort in Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth. I personally wouldn't call anything in the Holy Bible a riddle, but I think that I know what you're trying to say. God is known by many Holy Names throughout the Bible, but they all boil down to the Holy and Eternal Godhead - GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT. The Three are unique - YET ONE ALMIGHTY GOD with no beginning and no ending.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  (17)  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Isaiah 28:9-13 KJV  Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.  (10)  For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:  (11)  For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.  (12)  To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.  (13)  But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Love In Christ,
Tom

SensusPlenior

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 14, 2009, 03:07:13 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Tom.

I personally wouldn't call anything in the Holy Bible a riddle,

The reason I look for riddles is because God says he speaks in riddles, and even ties his glory to hiding things. Consider these passages, the word for "dark sayings" is the word for riddle:

Nu 12:8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches <02420>; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
Ps 49:4 I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying <02420> upon the harp.
Ps 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings <02420> of old:
Pr 1:6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings <02420>.
Da 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences <02420>, shall stand up.

Pr 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Riddle is a literary form as much as metaphor and poetry.  But Proverbs 1 says that the wise seek to understand the riddle,

When Jesus showed Peter where the scriptures said he must die, and when he showed the disciples on the road to Emmaus where all the scriptures spoke of him, and when he taught in the temple at age 12, he was showing them things which were not discernible using literal, grammatical, historical methods. otherwise they would not have been hidden.

Where is the cross reference for Jesus being called a Nazarene? Where is the cross reference where the scriptures teach that marriage does not endure to the resurrection?  These are not found in the literal, but are easy to see in the prophetic riddle.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 14, 2009, 04:43:03 PM »

Hello SP,

Welcome to CU forums.

Personally I wouldn't call these things riddles either although I can understand the use of the word in the context of something difficult to understand. I suppose that it is due to the more common use of the word riddle as a word game and my refusal to consider any portion of God's word as being a game of any sort. There is a valid reason why God does not make His word to be completely clear in some situations and I would prefer to leave out any indication of calling it a game as being the reason.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
SensusPlenior

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 14, 2009, 05:57:02 PM »

Well, we are using an English word for Hebrew and Greek words. Alternatives are "shadows" as in Heb 10.1, "dark sayings" as the King James uses, "mysteries" as used by the apostles,  "hard saying" as when Jesus spoke of drinking his blood.

The nature of them is very much like riddle though, in that the answer cannot be derived from the information contained in the riddle. There is a trick answer or a solution that can only be known after the fact.  Prophecy itself has this riddle nature.

The example of Gen 1.1 is easily dismissed as invention or accident until you recognize that whole chapters can be unpacked in such a fashion and they always have a picture of Christ.

Gen 38 contains a picture of the birth of Christ in great detail.

But perhaps we should start another thread if we want to discuss it?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the