Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:08:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bible Triva
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bible Triva  (Read 139316 times)
workinprogress

B=basic I=instructions B=before L=leaving E=earth

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: March 17, 2009, 10:10:10 PM »

The book of Mark is the only account given of this person and it is quite evident that it was unknown even to Mark who this young man was. Mark does tell us that this young man was "following Jesus." We have seen throughout the gospels where people frequently followed Jesus from one place to another. This young man probably was one these people. The main point here is this young man was going to be arrested as a follower of Jesus and he ran away.

Thank you Pastor Roger, I can understand it better now.

In Christian love
Dave H

B=I=B=L=E
         &
S=E=C=U=R=E
Showing everyone Christ using [my] real experiences
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 18, 2009, 11:47:11 AM »

in the Garden of Gethsemane:
I think we need to read the events leading up to this happening, which starts in Mark 14: 32 in order to find the answer
As this came about when Judas betrayed our Lord Jesus in the Garden.
(Mar 14:51 KJV)  And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him:

(Mar 14:52 KJV)  And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked.

After reading some of the commentaries regarding this incident, I am a bit puzzled ; of coarse I think it does not matter who it was because the main event taking place is the beganning of Christ's arrest and passion. 
Some say it may have been Mark or John, but it also mentions that he may have been the owner of the Garden itself and not one of the Disciples at all.

In Christian love
Dave H
Would anyone care to help me understand who it may have been.

The book of Mark is the only account given of this person and it is quite evident that it was unknown even to Mark who this young man was. Mark does tell us that this young man was "following Jesus." We have seen throughout the gospels where people frequently followed Jesus from one place to another. This young man probably was one these people. The main point here is this young man was going to be arrested as a follower of Jesus and he ran away.

I love the insight you two give to this thread!  Thank you!

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 18, 2009, 11:55:55 AM »

According to Malachi, what were the people of Judah stealing from God?

A wonderful side note: A homeless woman at the shelter where I work just had a baby boy and being so grateful for her new found faith named him -
Emmanuel Malachi!  Please lift her up in prayer.  She is very concerned that CPS will take the baby from her, in there ignorance of what a wonderful program we have.  I also pray that they will at least check us out before making their decision.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 18, 2009, 12:30:22 PM »

A wonderful side note: A homeless woman at the shelter where I work just had a baby boy and being so grateful for her new found faith named him -
Emmanuel Malachi!  Please lift her up in prayer.  She is very concerned that CPS will take the baby from her, in there ignorance of what a wonderful program we have.  I also pray that they will at least check us out before making their decision.

I can fully understand the difficulties faced with that organization. My prayers will most assuredly be with her and her child.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 18, 2009, 01:24:14 PM »

Hello Grammyluv,

You are doing a beautiful work for GOD, and many pray for you and many like you every day. If you did nothing more than provide food, clothing, and shelter for those in need, it would still be a beautiful work for GOD. However, we know that you are trying to do more, and the MORE is ETERNAL. Sister, we are praying for you every day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 3:11-12 NASB  11  My son, do not reject the discipline of the LORD Or loathe His reproof,  12  For whom the LORD loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 20, 2009, 11:30:09 AM »

I can fully understand the difficulties faced with that organization. My prayers will most assuredly be with her and her child.

Hello Grammyluv,

You are doing a beautiful work for GOD, and many pray for you and many like you every day. If you did nothing more than provide food, clothing, and shelter for those in need, it would still be a beautiful work for GOD. However, we know that you are trying to do more, and the MORE is ETERNAL. Sister, we are praying for you every day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 3:11-12 NASB  11  My son, do not reject the discipline of the LORD Or loathe His reproof,  12  For whom the LORD loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.

Thank you both so very much for your thoughts, prayers, support and friendship!  I truely believe that it is never by mistake that anyone is directed to this forum, but that they are directed by God.  Even the ones that don't stay or are here to make trouble, I pray that seeds are planted that can't be ignored!  And I know without asking that DW's heart is the same as yours. 

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 21, 2009, 11:02:21 AM »

Good news!  When I got back to work yesterday, after my two day off, the woman in question AND her new son were there!  The hospital social workers did some work to get her a new CPS worker that knew about our program!  If she stays in our program the new CPS worker said he would CLOSE her case!  Praise God that He hears our prayers and answers them right on time!  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 21, 2009, 11:20:45 AM »

Good news!  When I got back to work yesterday, after my two day off, the woman in question AND her new son were there!  The hospital social workers did some work to get her a new CPS worker that knew about our program!  If she stays in our program the new CPS worker said he would CLOSE her case!  Praise God that He hears our prayers and answers them right on time!  Grin

Amen that is great news.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 22, 2009, 12:31:11 PM »

According to Malachi, what were the people of Judah stealing from God?

This one got buried.  Any takers??

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 22, 2009, 01:29:14 PM »

Nope, I don't want to take it either but I will freely give an answer.  Wink

Mal 3:8  Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
Mal 3:9  Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

The people of Judah were not giving their tithes according to the law. Instead they were spending them on their own selfish desires. We are no longer required to tithe. However we are told to willfully give to God's work and to help the poor according to that which God has placed on our hearts to do so. We see many that profess to be Christians today that own massive, expensive houses, cars, and some even luxury yachts yet they don't give a dime to the actual works of God nor to the poor. These people are doing the same thing that the people of Judah did and the result will be the same for them.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 22, 2009, 02:16:53 PM »

AMEN!

I just wanted to mention that I've met many people in my life who had close to nothing, and they gave their labor to the LORD.

I'm thinking about an exceptionally strong Christian woman right now who spent her fortune in feeding, clothing, and sheltering those who had nothing. One of the requirements for staying in one of her shelters was participation in Bible Study. A second requirement was work - completing daily tasks in the facilities that would benefit all staying in the facility. This beautiful lady is a one woman Christian Army who convinced many to join her army. She did the longest and hardest work of her life in her 60s and 70s. She literally did spend her fortune, and she worked countless hours with some pretty rough folks in all hours of the day and night 24/7. Police officers were concerned for her safety and tried to check on her frequently. However, she spoke with the confidence of a Marine Drill Sargent, and I don't remember anyone ever trying to harm her. She taught many to give to others, even when they had nothing to give but time and labor.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 30:15 ASV  15  For thus said the Lord Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength. And ye would not:

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 23, 2009, 12:49:34 PM »

Thanks you Brothers for your answers and comments!  Very insightful.  I always learn something new by this posting in this thread and reading everyone's answers! 

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 23, 2009, 12:52:46 PM »

In the time of Judges, what man stole eleven hundred pieces of silver from his own mother?

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 03, 2009, 10:33:14 AM »

In the time of Judges, what man stole eleven hundred pieces of silver from his own mother?

No takers on this one??

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 03, 2009, 10:59:01 AM »

Judges 17

1 A man named Micah lived in the hill country of Ephraim. 2 One day he said to his mother, “I heard you curse the thief who stole eleven hundred pieces* of silver from you. Well, here they are. I was the one who took them.”
“The Lord bless you for admitting it,” his mother replied.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the