Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:53:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Immoral behavior
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Immoral behavior  (Read 94453 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: May 27, 2009, 10:39:32 AM »

Home: No place for Bible study
County demands pastor spend thousands on 'Major Use' permit to host friends
Posted: May 22, 2009
5:13 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

A  San Diego pastor and his wife claim they were interrogated by a county official and warned they will face escalating fines if they continue to hold Bible studies in their home.

The couple, whose names are being withheld until a demand letter can be filed on their behalf, told their attorney a county government employee knocked on their door on Good Friday, asking a litany of questions about their Tuesday night Bible studies, which are attended by approximately 15 people.

"Do you have a regular weekly meeting in your home? Do you sing? Do you say 'amen'?" the official reportedly asked. "Do you say, 'Praise the Lord'?"

The pastor's wife answered yes.

She says she was then told, however, that she must stop holding "religious assemblies" until she and her husband obtain a Major Use Permit from the county, a permit that often involves traffic and environmental studies, compliance with parking and sidewalk regulations and costs that top tens of thousands of dollars.

And if they fail to pay for the MUP, the county official reportedly warned, the couple will be charged escalating fines beginning at $100, then $200, $500, $1000, "and then it will get ugly."

Remind the world who's really in charge with the "Worship GOD, not GOV" magnetic bumper sticker from WND.

Dean Broyles of the Western Center for Law & Policy, which has been retained to represent the couple, told WND the county's action not only violates religious land-use laws but also assaults both the First Amendment's freedom of assembly and freedom of religion.

"The First Amendment, in part, reads, 'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,'" Broyles said. "And that's the key part: 'prohibiting the free exercise.' We believe this is a substantial government burden on the free exercise of religion."

He continued, "If one's home is one's castle, certainly you would the think the free exercise of religion, of all places, could occur in the home."

Broyles confirmed the county official followed through on his threat. The pastor and his wife received a written warning ordering the couple to "cease/stop religious assembly on parcel or obtain a major use permit."

"The Western Center for Law and Policy is troubled by this draconian move to suppress home Bible studies," said the law center in a statement. "If the current trends in our nation continue, churches may be forced underground. If that happens, believers will once again be forced to meet in homes. If homes are already closed by the government to assembly and worship, where then will Christians meet?"

On a personal note, Broyles added, "I've been leading Bible studies in my home for 13 years in San Diego County, and I personally believe that home fellowship Bible studies are the past and future of the church. … If you look at China, the church grew from home Bible studies. I'm deeply concerned that if in the U.S. we are not able to meet in our homes and freely practice our religion, then we may be worse off than China."

Broyles also explained to WND that oppressive governments, such as communist China or Nazi Germany, worked to repress home fellowships, labeling them the "underground church" or "subversive groups," legally compelling Christians to meet only in sanctioned, government-controlled "official" churches.

"Therein lies my concern," Broyles said. "If people can't practice their religious beliefs in the privacy of their own homes with a few of their friends, that's an egregious First Amendment violation."

WND contacted a spokeswoman for San Diego County, who acknowledged the description of the incident seemed "bizarre," but who was unable to locate the details of the account. She simply could not provide comment yet, she said, until she could become familiar with the case.

Broyles said the WCLP is nearly ready to file a demand letter with the county to release the pastor and his wife from the requirement to obtain the expensive permit. If the county refuses, Broyles said, the WCLP will consider a lawsuit in federal court.

Broyles also told WND the pastor and his wife are continuing to hold the Bible study

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #736 on: May 27, 2009, 10:41:35 AM »

I got a heads up on this from a high school friend/brother who is a pastor in San Diego. From what I understand, everything in the news item is true.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 27, 2009, 02:32:24 PM »

I've been talking to several of those that are members of the Bible study. It is in fact true.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 27, 2009, 07:24:58 PM »

YES, this is completely true and probably just a preview of worse things to come. As for me, I'm determined to exercise FREEDOM OF RELIGION for all of my days left in this short life. Acting under COLOR OF LAW to DENY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS IS A SERIOUS CRIMINAL OFFENSE!  --  WE NEED TO STOP PLAYING GAMES AND START FILING ALL POSSIBLE CIVIL AND CRIMINAL ACTIONS!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 29, 2009, 11:19:19 AM »

Gay issues may splinter churches this summer  

www.debka.com/

The nation's mainline Protestant denominations have quarreled for years over the role of gay men and lesbians in church life, but those debates promise to grow even more intense and acrimonious this summer.

The conflicts, which come as California and other states wage legal fights over same-sex marriage, could well influence whether some of the religious denominations remain intact or splinter into smaller factions.

For the faithful in a number of American churches, the hard-fought legal battle over civil marriage for gay and lesbian couples runs parallel to religious struggles that are strikingly similar and often just as heated.

One of the most visible denominational skirmishes will occur in July, when leaders of the 2.2-million-member Episcopal Church consider proposals at their national convention in Anaheim to sanction a religious rite for blessing same-sex unions and ease restrictions on the ordination of gay and lesbian bishops.

If approved, the steps could further alienate theological conservatives, giving them reason to join four Episcopal dioceses and hundreds of parishes that split last year to form a separate church.

The country's largest Lutheran denomination, meanwhile, is scheduled in August to consider a long-anticipated statement on human sexuality that, among various elements, says that Christian tradition recognizes marriage as a covenant between a man and a woman.

Even as they acknowledge deep divisions over homosexuality, members of the 4.7-million member Evangelical Lutheran Church in America will decide at their meeting in Minneapolis whether they should enable local congregations to recognize same-sex unions and allow "practicing homosexuals" in committed relationships to serve in the ministry.

Other Protestant groups are embroiled in similar struggles, including the Presbyterian Church (USA) and the United Methodist Church. Another, the American Baptist Churches USA, is scheduled to hold its biennial convention in Pasadena in June but is not expected to consider any action related to same-sex marriage, a spokeswoman said.

But scholars are watching the Episcopalians and Evangelical Lutherans especially closely, seeing them as a gauge for other denominations. The experts are waiting to see if the intensified debate and turmoil leading up to the national conventions produces any consensus on issues that have long divided U.S. Protestants.

"What has been emerging for the last several years is becoming even clearer now: We're on a trajectory toward the blessing of same-sex unions and the ordination of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people," said the Rev. Jay Johnson, a professor of theology at the Pacific School of Religion in Berkeley and director of academic research at its Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Religion and Ministry.

But Johnson added: "It may mean, when there are breakthroughs in these churches, we see more breakaways."

U.S. Christians remain stubbornly split over homosexuality. One recent survey by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life found that 56% of all mainline Protestants believe it should be accepted by society. Just 26% of Evangelical Protestants felt that way.

Few denominations have been as torn by the issue as the Episcopal Church, the U.S. branch of the Anglican Communion, a 77-million-member fellowship. Theological conservatives are a minority in the Episcopal Church but a large majority among Anglicans worldwide. The conflict between church liberals and conservatives escalated in 2003 with the consecration of an openly gay priest, V. Gene Robinson, as bishop of New Hampshire. Amid pressure from traditionalists within the U.S. church and Anglican officials elsewhere, Episcopal leaders agreed at their last General Convention in 2006 to urge local church authorities not to consecrate any bishop "whose manner of life presents a challenge to the wider church." Still, 700 conservative parishes in the United States and Canada defected last year and formed a new church affiliated with overseas Anglicans.

Now, as Episcopalians approach their July convention, dioceses around the country are submitting resolutions to ease restrictions on gay bishops and to authorize same-sex marriage blessings. The issue of blessings is now left up to local Episcopal authorities.

The convention's host, the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles, has tried to send a message by approving a policy at its December convention that gives local priests permission to officiate at rites of blessing for same-sex couples.

"I think it's about time we get about the business of having marriage equality in the church," said the Rt. Rev. J. Jon Bruno, bishop of the Los Angeles Diocese. "I am waiting with bated breath to see what happens" at the Anaheim meeting.

Conservative Episcopalians argue that liberalized policies will not only alienate U.S. parishes but will also add further strain to the church's troubled relationship with church leaders in Africa and elsewhere in the global Anglican Communion.

This month, one of the communion's worldwide leadership bodies affirmed its support for moratoriums on consecrating non-celibate gay bishops and on blessings for same-sex couples. The group was led by Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, the communion's spiritual leader, who is scheduled to attend the Anaheim convention.

Resisting those mandates will "turn up the flame," said the Rt. Rev. Edward S. Little II, bishop of the Diocese of Northern Indiana and a leader in a group of clergy trying to strengthen Episcopal ties to the Anglican Communion. "If we take a step at General Convention that takes us down the road, we will lose more people," he said.

Still, the Episcopal Church's presiding bishop, the Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori, said she believes the U.S. church and its global partners can co-exist even if they disagree on the rights of gay men and lesbians in the church. She also said she did not expect this year's convention, at which bishops, clergy and lay leaders are allowed to vote, to reach a decision on the issue of same-sex blessing rites.

"We're not afraid of people watching over our shoulders," Jefferts Schori said. "We live with diversity on issues that get people charged up."

Evangelical Lutherans are weathering an equally emotional debate as they prepare for their Churchwide Assembly in Minneapolis, a gathering that many predict will expose deep divisions over homosexuality and biblical authority.

Denomination leaders will vote on a lengthy social statement -- "Human Sexuality: Gift and Trust" -- that has been eight years in the making and identifies marriage as a union between a man and a woman. Such statements are intended to guide church members in setting policy and forming judgments about social issues, officials have said.

Lutheran leaders also will consider a new policy that asks whether the church "should commit itself" to finding ways to allow local congregations, if they choose, to recognize "life-long, monogamous, same-gender relationships."

Another policy asks whether the church should find a way to allow gay people to serve in ordained positions. Current Lutheran policy bars "practicing homosexuals" from ministry.

Consensus has been elusive, a point readily acknowledged by those who developed the sexuality statement and ministry proposals.

Lutherans Concerned/North America, a gay rights group, praised the sexuality paper for extolling the importance of committed relationships but criticized it for failing to include a marriage blessing for same-sex couples.

"We have . . . a blessing of liturgical furnishings, including chairs and kneelers. Surely we can find our way clear to have a rite of blessing for two people, good Christians, who wish to commit themselves to each other until death do they part," said Phil Soucy, a spokesman for the group.

Conservatives, meanwhile, argue that the any such shift in policy will alter fundamental biblical teachings about homosexuality.

A coalition of Evangelical Lutheran members and congregations issued a letter last week to voting members of the upcoming Churchwide Assembly meeting, urging them to defeat proposals they believe would put the denomination at odds with fellow Lutherans in Asia and Africa.

"There are going to be some congregations that leave," said the Rev. Mark Chavez of the Lutheran Coalition for Reform, a group that supports traditional Lutheran positions on marriage and other issues.

The church's presiding bishop, Mark S. Hanson, said he believes the Evangelical Lutheran tent can accommodate a spectrum of views, even as he laments that the debate has obscured the other works of the church and the common faith shared by Lutherans.

"I'm not naive about the possibilities that those who do not support the decisions will find it difficult to stay in this church body, but I'm committed that we will engage one another," Hanson said.

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 29, 2009, 11:20:26 AM »

Episcopal Church fires 61 Central Valley priests for opposing Homosexual ordination

centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/

The Episcopal Church has fired, or in its words “deposed,” 61 priests and deacons in the Central Valley who followed former Bishop John David Schofield when he rebuked the national church and aligned with the Anglican Church of the Southern Cone, a conservative group based in South America.

“I find the actions I was forced to take last Friday and Tuesday to be heartbreaking,” says the Rt. Rev. Jerry Lamb, Episcopal Bishop of San Joaquin in written comments Wednesday. “I have known a few of these clergy personally and others by the stories I have heard about their ministry. But, the fact is, they chose to abandon their relationship with the Episcopal Church.”

Mr. Schofield was deposed in March 2008.

He and the various priests and deacons objected to the Episcopal Church’s ordination of gays to the priesthood among other things, "refusing to recognize the authority of the Constitution and Canons of the Episcopal Church and of the Most Reverend Katharine Jefferts Schori, the Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church," as the church puts it.

The clergy who have been fired had six months to deny their abandonment, recant, or renounce their ministry in the Episcopal Church, according to the diocese.

“They declined to ask for a release from their ordination vows, and I had no option but to bring the charges of ‘Abandonment of the Communion’ to the Standing Committee last year and take these final steps today,” says Mr. Lamb. “It is a sad day.”

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 29, 2009, 11:21:28 AM »

Church of Scotland upholds gay minister's appointment

www.christiantoday.com/

The Church of Scotland’s General Assembly has upheld the appointment of a gay minister to an Aberdeen church.

After more than four hours of debate last night, the General Assembly voted by 326 to 267 in support of the Rev Scott Rennie.

Rev Rennie’s appointment to Queen’s Cross was backed by most of the church’s members and the Aberdeen Presbytery but faced strong opposition from conservatives within Queen’s Cross and the wider Kirk.

Rev Rennie told Sky News that there were "many" gay ministers in the Church and that homosexuality did not contradict Scripture.

"We don't stone women, we don't stone adulterers, we've moved on from that," he said. "The living word is Jesus and I think the question is, what would Jesus have done?"

Spokesman for the evangelical group Forward Together, the Rev Ian Watson, expressed his disappointment at the vote on BBC Radio Scotland on Sunday.

He said the Church could not adopt a "pick and mix attitude" to Scripture and said he would wait until Monday to reassess his relationship with the Church.

"We haven’t moved. We still adhere to the Westminster confession of faith ... We’ve been where the Church has been since the Reformation," he said.

More than 5,000 Church members reportedly signed a petition calling for the General Assembly to overturn the appointment of Rev Rennie, who plans to live in the manse with his male partner.

The Fellowship of Confessing Churches, a fellowship of conservative congregations in the Church of Scotland, said his appointment would “publicly declare such [homosexual] behaviour as acceptable and honourable for a leader in Christ’s church”.

“This would mark a historic departure for our Church from the teaching of the Christian faith, and a radical deviation from the clear Scriptural pattern that recognises the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman as the only proper place for sexual intimacy - a pattern which our Church has hitherto always publicly affirmed,” the fellowship said in a statement ahead of the vote.

Rev Rennie, who was previously married and has a child, is currently at Brechin Cathedral where he has been for the last 10 years.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 29, 2009, 11:53:29 AM »

Mandatory 'gay' day for K-5 students
Board imposes homosexual curriculum on classes

Posted: May 28, 2009
11:50 pm Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

'And Tango Makes Three' book about homosexual male penguins who name their chick Tango because 'It takes two to make a Tango.'

A California school district has approved a mandatory homosexual curriculum for children as young as 5 – and parents will not be allowed to remove their children from the lessons.

The mandatory program, officially titled "LGBT Lesson #9," was approved May 26 by the Alameda County Board of Education by a vote of 3-2. Students from kindergarten through fifth grade will learn about "tolerance" for the homosexual lifestyle beginning next year.

The curriculum is in addition to the school's current anti-bullying program and is estimated to cost $8,000 for curriculum and training.

Parents will not be given an opportunity to opt-out of lessons that go against their religious beliefs. Some parents are threatening to sue the school board and mount a recall. Opponents presented a petition with 468 signatures from people who don't want the homosexual lessons in the curriculum.

At the board meeting, parent Julie Kim said, "The topics covered in this curriculum for all the grades should be left up to the parent to discuss with their children."

The district's legal counsel recommended against giving parents an opportunity to opt out of the lessons, claiming only health or sex education topics require opt-out provisions:

[T]he most prudent course of action for Alameda Unified School District's Board of Education in regards to the proposed lesson is to recommend providing notice to parents, not to allow an opt out of the instruction.
The school district claims it will re-assess the curriculum, but only after it has been in place for a full year.

According to the Island of Alameda, trustee Tracy Jensen addressed a crowd at City Hall following the vote.

"We are not telling anyone what to think," Jensen said. "We are letting children know that gay people exist and they deserve to be treated with respect, regardless of whether or not you believe that homosexuality is acceptable."

But Capitol Resource Institute's Karen England explored the curriculum and released a statement condemning the program before the board's vote.

"This curriculum ignores the fact that every child has a mom and a dad, to redefine ideas like 'family.' School absolutely should be a safe place, but this isn't just about safety. Students have to embrace highly controversial social values or risk being labeled as bigots," she warned. "Five year old kids aren't ready to think on their own about sexuality – and their families' values will be dismissed. That's not an education in critical thinking. It's social activism."

In kindergarten, children will be introduced to "The New Girl … And Me" by Jacqui Robins. The book is about a young girl who is new at a school and strikes up a friendship with another girl after a popular boy refuses to play with her.

In first grade, students will read "Who is in a Family?" By Robert Skutch. It explores different types of families. One page states, " … Robin's family is made up of her dad, Clifford, her dad's partner, Henry, and Robin's cat, Sassy."

Curriculum for 1st grade students includes 'Who's in a Family?'

Teachers will ask children to "identify and describe a variety of families" and "to understand that families have some similarities and some differences."

"If a student responds that one family in the book is made up of a mother, a father and two children and a cat, you may acknowledge that some families look like this," the curriculum states, "but also ask students for other examples of what a family can look like."

Teachers are told to reflect and "reinforce to students that in our school and our community there are many different types of families that provide love and care to each other. Remind the students that all family structures are equally important."

Second grade students will read about two homosexual penguins that raise a young chick in the book "And Tango Makes Three" by J. Richardson and P. Parnell.

The two male penguins, Roy and Silo, are described as being "a little bit different."

"They didn't spend much time with the girl penguins, and the girl penguins didn't spend much time with them," the text states.

When the male penguins nurture an egg, it soon hatches. "We'll call her Tango," it states, "because it takes two to make a Tango."

The book declares, "Tango was the very first penguin in the zoo to have two daddies."

3rd grade students will watch 'That's a Family' film

In the third grade, students will watch a film called "That's a Family," featuring some homosexual couples in addition to traditional families.

According to the lesson plan, it aims to "assist students in developing sensitivity to gay and lesbian family structures" and teach "respect and tolerance for every type of family."

Fourth graders will be required to read an essay titled, "My School is Accepting – but Things Could be Better" by Robert, an 11-year-old who has two lesbian mothers.

They are introduced to terms such as "ally," "gay," "lesbian" and "LGBT."

Teachers are instructed to ask, "How do you think Robert feels when he hears people say things like, 'this is gay' or 'You're so gay'?"

By fifth grade, students learn to "identify stereotypes about lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people." They are told that "LGBT people have made important contributions within the United States and beyond."

Teachers are asked to write the acronym LGBT and ask students the meaning of each letter. Students discuss why stereotypes are "incorrect and hurtful" to LGBT people and people with LGBT family members.

The children are provided with a list of famous LGBT people, including novelist James Baldwin, singer Elton John, comedian Ellen Degeneres, pop singer Christina Aguilera, Rep. Tammy Baldwin, poet Walt Whitman, singer Lance Bass, figure skater Rudy Galindo, homosexual politician Harvey Milk, Army veteran Jose Zuniga and basketball player Sheryl Swoopes.
Teachers then ask if students are surprised to learn that those famous people are members of the LGBT community.

The curriculum also provides a list of LGBT vocabulary words for students, including the following: bisexual, transgender, gay, LGBT and lesbian.   

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 29, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »

Hello Grammyluv,

Sister, thanks for posting this information. It's sickening and definitely a sign of the times - the end days of this Age of Grace. Christians have to stay informed about the powers of darkness and defend their families. At the very least, we must come out from among them and NOT give the devil access to our children. This is a decision that all decent people will have to make. NO! - we won't send our children through the fire. We can homeschool and take other actions, but the end answer will remain the same - NO!

Brothers and Sisters, we really don't need big and fancy churches to Praise, Honor, and Worship GOD. We can please GOD anywhere BUT the places that have been taken over by the devil. As Christians, the answers for us are simple. We will NOT call EVIL good, and we will not allow our children to be taught to call EVIL good. We have a Biblical responsibility to our CHILDREN to bring them up in the ways of the LORD. GOD won't accept any excuses and neither should we. We can do without many material things and put the things of GOD first. This will definitely include our CHILDREN that GOD has given us to care for and love. There is no compromise with the devil - JUST NO!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 07, 2009, 10:49:19 AM »

Waving God Goodbye -- The Tale of the Unbelieving Bishop
Prophecy News Watch

Richard Holloway is a Bishop of the Scottish Episcopal Church. There seems to be on obvious problem -- he doesn't believe in God. In the Scottish Episcopal Church, that must not be a problem.

Bishop Holloway served for years as Bishop of Edinburgh and primate of the Scottish church. The Scottish Episcopal Church is part of the Anglican Communion -- the Scottish sister church of the Church of England. During his years as Bishop of Edinburgh Holloway regularly offended the faithful, promoting one heresy or scandalous teaching after another.

In 2000 he took early retirement, but did not resign his ordination or consecration. He remains a bishop, even as he has become an agnostic.

As the Sydney Morning Herald reports:

Holloway, contrary to popular belief, has not left the Episcopal Church, as Scottish Anglicanism is known. He may have taken early retirement as Bishop of Edinburgh but the writer remains an ordained priest and consecrated bishop, who still preaches from the pulpit, performs baptisms and weddings and even presides at communion.

That last word astonished even the secular press. The paper explained:

That he still presides at communion - indeed, as recently as three weeks ago - raises the thorny question of how an agnostic, unconvinced about the divinity of Jesus, can consecrate the bread and wine as the body and blood of Christ. Surely, it becomes a mere gesture? "It very much depends on the interpretation you put on it," he explains.

The obvious question is this -- How can any church retain a minister who denies belief in God? That astonishing question points to what so many Christians have not yet seen. There is no shortage of churches and ministers whose theology is heretical and, as evidenced by Bishop Holloway, even agnostic.

Nevertheless, there are churches and denominations that are all too willing to allow a minister to remain and to serve even if doctrine is reduced to what the paper calls "mere gesture."

Bishop Holloway claims a right to interpret Christianity as he sees fit. This is a claim commonly offered in some churches. The truth of the Christian faith, the great doctrines of the Bible, the creeds and confessions of the church -- all these are instantly relativized by a claimed right to private interpretation. The case of Bishop Holloway serves to demonstrate that this right of private interpretation is destructive of the very concept of truth and doctrine. Here we meet a bishop who has "interpreted" the faith all the way down to agnosticism. Many others have interpreted the faith down to something that is not recognizably Christian.

"I am not trying to persuade people in the church to adopt my angle," Holloway argues. "I just want space enough to be honest about my own convictions. The congregation I belong to in Edinburgh knows my position and is hospitable enough to include me."

How open-minded. His congregation in Edinburgh is hospitable to agnosticism and his church allows an unbeliever to preside at Christian worship.

Bishop Holloway represents the scandalous loss of doctrinal conviction that marks so many churches and denominations. He must enjoy the limelight as an agnostic bishop. His publicized status draws attention to the complete doctrinal laxity of his church.

This agnostic bishop is not the first, nor is he likely to be the last. He provides cover for slightly less scandalous heretics who seem tame by superficial comparison. He now travels the world as a speaker and writer and retired bishop.

Note this: When the truth of theological statements is exchanged for gesture, you can count on any number of folks waving goodbye to God.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 07, 2009, 02:48:53 PM »

Hello Grammyluv,

Sadly, this is a sign of the times. The devil is actually given the pulpit and nobody seems to care. If the congregation was anywhere near to GOD, that so-called church would be EMPTY and that so-called bishop would be defrocked.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 08, 2009, 11:50:08 AM »

We can see the spread of Satan's disease everywhere in this world right now for he knows his time is short.  The rapid increase of his activities makes me dizzy and sick at heart but I know that it's all for God's purpose to bring all of His home soon, once and for all!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 08, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »

We can see the spread of Satan's disease everywhere in this world right now for he knows his time is short.  The rapid increase of his activities makes me dizzy and sick at heart but I know that it's all for God's purpose to bring all of His home soon, once and for all!

Sister,

What's happening in this world right now is stomach-wrenching, but I love to think about and know about GOD'S Promises to us. YES, I think that the time is near for GOD to take us HOME. This is one of my favorite things to think about every day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:7-21 NASB  But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.  8  More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,  9  and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,  10  that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;  11  in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.  12  Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.  13  Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,  14  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.  15  Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;  16  however, let us keep living by that same  standard to which we have attained.  17  Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.  18  For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ,  19  whose end is destruction, whose god is their appetite, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their minds on earthly things.  20  For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;  21  who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 14, 2009, 11:58:35 AM »

Kids attend prom from 'sexual hell'
You won't believe how children as young as 12 years old partied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: June 12, 2009
10:50 pm Eastern
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Note: This story contains material that readers might consider graphic and offensive.

Family advocates are outraged by a prom held at Boston City Hall that was open to children apparently as young as 12 featuring crossdressers, homosexual heavy petting, suspected drug use and a leather-clad doorman who teaches sexual bondage classes.

Children from middle schools and high schools across Massachusetts on May 9 attended a Youth Pride Day event ending with a prom inside of Boston City Hall sponsored by the Boston Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Youth, or BAGLY, a group seated on the Massachusetts Commission for GLBT Youth.

Boston Mayor Thomas Menino issued a proclamation welcoming homosexual and transgender youth to the celebration. A man in drag introduced a homosexual activist from Menino's office to read the letter.

MassResistance, an organization that describes itself as a pro-family action center, sent a 20-year-old college student named Max to the prom to take pictures and learn more about what Massachusetts children were doing there.

Brian Camenker of MassResistance said Max was astonished by the number of children who appeared to be between 12 and 14 years old.

"They look pretty darn young," Camenker told WND. "He said there were a lot of middle school kids there. It really bothered him."

The day's events began with a transgender Elvis and a parade. Attendees were given condoms and pro-homosexual material such as a bookmark for kids on how to get involved with several homosexual groups and "Transgender Rights Now" stickers. Then many children attended the prom that evening at City Hall.

"I remained in the building for an hour and a half and found the events inside disturbing, depraved and outright criminal," Max reported. "The line included kids wearing the rainbow regalia of the gay movement, teenage boys wearing dresses and high heels, hugging their 'boyfriends,' extremely young looking girls, not much older than 14 or 15, with 'Out and Proud' inscribed in rainbow letters on the front of their T-shirts.
Max continued, "On the flower pots and stairs leading up to the subway entrance, I saw dozens of kids aged 12-17 smoking cigarettes and making out with each other."

He said three middle-aged lesbians with military haircuts shouted from megaphones at the more than 300 youth attendees in line for the event. They barked: "If we find you bringing alcohol, you're going home!"; "Don't have sex on the dance floor!" and "Are you ready to party?"

Two men helped the lesbians herd youth into City Hall. One of the men reportedly wore exceptionally tight pants and eyeliner while calling the children "sweetie" and everything around him "fabulous." The other man wore leather bondage gear.

While BAGLY advertised the event for youth 22 and younger, Max said identification was not checked – even for people who were obviously older than 22.

"Why would 22-year-olds be mingling with 14 and 15-year-olds?" Camenker asked, troubled by the details of the event. "As we saw, they pay no attention to any age limit at all. It was full of all of these strange adults."

A doorman, with a Mr. Boston Leather sash, had BAGLY's official chaperone credentials around his neck, Camenker noted. He identified himself as a "leather BDSM (bondage discipline and sado-masochism) fetishist" and handed out business cards to youth.

His card asked, "What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mr. Boston Leather's MySpace profile describes him as a single, middle-aged gay male who attends spanking parties and waxes for leather dancing events.

"Starting in April I am teaching month BDSM classes at the MALE Center in Boston, and I will be running an event called Kinky Kamp ... in Upstate New York at Easton Mountain Retreat Center," it stated.
Max said he also saw a prominent transsexual activist who specializes in recruiting middle and high school children enter the building.

Despite its announcement stating,"Do not bring drugs, weapons, or alcohol into the space, and do not come to the space under the influence of drugs or alcohol," Max said no measures were taken to stop anyone from sneaking prohibited items into the building.

He entered City Hall as two floors shook with earsplitting music and began taking numerous photographs of the event. Max spotted teen homosexual couples, with hair painted rainbow colors, making out in almost every corner of the room.

As Max moved through the crowd, he said he observed several adult homosexuals wearing T-shirts with "recruiter" written in rainbow colors.

"The intention of these individuals, and of the entire event, is made plain by the slogans on those shirts," he noted.

Max claims one girl appeared to be holding water pipe or bong used to smoke marijuana

Max moved into a smoking section where he claims he saw people of all ages smoking cigarettes and marijuana.

"Chaperones clearly witnessed these things occurring but did nothing to stop them," he wrote of his experience.

"He said that there was absolutely, definitely marijuana," Camenker told WND. "We have a picture. … He said that here was no question that the girl in his picture was smoking marijuana. A ton of people around her – that whole area of the room – just reeked of marijuana smoke."

WND contacted the Boston Police Department to ask whether officers on duty were aware of attendees smoking marijuana.

Boston Police Department spokeswoman Elaine Driscoll said, "We don't have any reports on that.
Boston City Hall spokesman Nick Martin reviewed the photos with Driscoll and told WND, "There were both City Hall security on hand and also undercover Boston police officers. The allegations in terms of smoking both cigarettes and marijuana are unfounded. City Hall has hosted the event for at least 15 years and never ran into issues of that sort."

He said such illicit behavior would never be tolerated.

"People can make allegations about anything they want. The individual who claims that the person was holding paraphernalia might have an agenda of their own," Martin said. "But, as far as we are concerned, there weren't any problems with the event."
Camenker told WND this event takes place every year and the state of Massachusetts originally budgeted $850,000 last year for the Massachusetts Commission for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Youth. He said members, such as BAGLY, usually receive funding from that commission. However, that funding for the homosexual lobby was later slashed  as part of an effort to cut costs in response to the state's budget shortfall.

The Massachusetts Commission for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Youth sponsors programs in public schools such as Gay-Straight Alliance clubs, he noted.

"The kids are contacted and brought in through this network of Gay-Straight Alliance clubs and the money that funds that," he said. "There are also buses that often bring kids in. We're not sure if they used buses this year, but they usually do. That's basically how the kids get there."

Camenker said he objects to the city hosting the event at City Hall and sanctioning it by providing a taxpayer-funded police presence.

Another spokeswoman with Boston City Hall property and Construction Management Department told WND the prom was funded entirely by BAGLY and that the group received no special discounts on its use of the City Hall building.

Transgender youth? Max talked to both and said these are two young boys around middle school age. Boy in dress has 'free kisses, free hugs and gropes' written on his body.

After his experience, Max said it is difficult for anyone who has never attended such an event to truly grasp the "perversion and disturbing nature" of the prom hosted by the city and welcomed by the mayor.

"As a young person who has been exposed to many disturbing things within today's youth culture, I believed I was prepared to deal with what I saw at the 2009 BAGLY Prom," Max wrote.

"Minutes after entering the event, I discovered that I was not."

Camenker agreed that the affair was shocking.

"This stuff doesn't happen by accident. You don't have these kinds of really weird people around these kids by accident. These guys actually think that this is what these kids should be experiencing," he said.

"This movement has an obsession with kids, and there are no boundaries. It's worse than anybody thought."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 18, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »

Taxpayer Dollars Are Paying For This Sick, Disgusting, Twisted, Perverted FILTH! There's A Reason Why This Behavior Was a FELONY In All States Just A Few Short Years Ago! An Epidemic Of DREADED DISEASES That Result in DEATH Is Just One Such REASON!

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the