Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 10:30:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286819 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "Zvi" by Zvi in Israel - Page 1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Zvi" by Zvi in Israel - Page 1  (Read 4669 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2007, 12:59:13 AM »

from 'Israel My Glory' (Sep/Oct, 2007)   
"Zvi" by Zvi in Israel - Page 1

I have lived in Israel almost 60 years, and I have never heard a good  word spoken about those of us who believe in Christ. Usually, people  here oppose us all the time. And to my great surprise, what did I see  recently but a program on television about Jewish people who believe in  Jesus the Messiah! This was the first time I ever heard good things said  about us. So you see, it is true what we say here in Israel: When God  wills it, even a broom can shoot.

As it is written in Psalm 126:5, "Those who sow in tears shall reap in  joy." We have sown seeds of faith amid much hardship and tears, and the  fruit of our labor is what we see now on television. Many Israelis are  no longer against us, as they were years ago.

However, the ultra-Orthodox are still much against us and continue to  fight those of us who believe in Christ. Several ultra-Orthodox families  live in my neighborhood in Jerusalem, and I have had many long  discussions with them about faith-and not because I start the  conversations. But every time the men see me, they bring up the subject  and begin to test me with their many questions.

This happened again recently. I told them the Word of the Lord is  eternal and that we who believe in Jesus rely only on the Word and not  on a big stack of books written by men, as they do. "You worship your  many rabbinical traditions. We worship God only," I said.

"Well, if that is the case, we want to know where in the Hebrew Bible it  is written about This Man!" one demanded. The ultra-Orthodox will never  mention Jesus by name. They will only call him This Man. This is not the  first time I have spoken with these people about faith. But usually when  I begin to speak, they refuse to listen. So it was good that, this time,  they asked these questions themselves.

Quickly I opened my Bible to Isaiah 53. "You must read here," I said,  "and think about whom it is written." So they read. But when I asked,  "What do you think about it?" one replied, "We cannot give you an answer  right now. We will meet with our great rabbi and he will talk to us  about it. Then we can give you the right answer."

As if that reply were not bad enough, one man continued: "Of course, now  you will try to show us more writing like this one and tell us that it,  too, is written in the Bible. You will try to show us that the Lord was  born in Bethlehem, as those many   Christians believe."

But I remembered that it is written, "Do not worry about how or what you  should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should  speak; for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who  speaks in you" (Mt. 10:19-20).

So I told them, "Before you read, take a good look at the Book. Are you  reading from the Holy Bible or from those many books with which you  occupy your lives?"

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 01:00:50 AM »

from 'Israel My Glory' (Sep/Oct, 2007)   
"Zvi" by Zvi in Israel - Page 2

So they began to examine the book in their hands. And they admitted,  "Yes, this is the Holy Bible. Where is it written-what you spoke  about-that the Lord would be born in Bethlehem?"

I turned to Micah 5:2, which prophesies that the Lord Himself would be  born in Bethlehem:

But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are little among the thousands  of Judah, yet out of you shall come forth to Me the One to be Ruler in  Israel, whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting.

After they read, they began to ask many questions, such as, "How did you  know about this verse? How did you come to believe in Jesus?" I told  them no one tried to convince me that Jesus is God. I learned by reading  the Holy Bible. I did not blindly follow rabbinical traditions, as they  do, putting their faith in what their rabbis say, rather than what is  said in the Word of God.

"You do not even know in whom you have believed," I said. "So now you  walk in this great darkness, after the traditions of men. This is why  you are so confused when you read the Scriptures."

"Are you saying that our great teachers do not walk according to the  right way?" one asked.

Again I showed them my Bible. "If you will worship the Lord according to  what is written here, you will be free from all this confusion. You will  see the full truth and understand about Almighty God."

They were extremely interested, and we had a long conversation. Then one  said, "You know, only a rabbi has the right to speak about faith as you  do."

I replied, "You do not believe the right way if you believe such a  thing. Do not fear anyone, for it is written, "The LORD your God is with  you"' (Dt. 20:1).

From then on, they wanted to know all about the New Testament. It was a  wonderful opportunity to show them the New Testament and talk about how  to worship the Lord only and to "fear the LORD our God, for our good  always" (6:24).

"You have given us much to think about," one said. I also gave them my  Bible, and they received it with great joy.

"..knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep;
for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. Let us
 walk decently, as in the day...putting on the Lord Jesus Christ..
...redeeming the time, because the days are evil."
Romans 13:11-14~ Ephesians 5:16

From A Voice In The Wilderness
Free E-Mail Subscriptions: http://www.a-voice.org/mail

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 01:54:05 PM »

Hi Brother BEP,
What a Blessing it must be too live in the Land of our Father...
And too have front row seating to the things that are coming...
I wrote a letter awhile back to Benjiman Netanyahu about the peace treaty
that will come from the E.U...No reply yet? Probably thinks im a nut?
I wonder if your familar with Brother John Hagee(CUFI) Christians United for Isreal?
He has done some great things to Unite the Jewish people & Christians!

I was watching a christian broadcast the other day and their was this man on there that had fought in the 6 day war
in 67' and he was saying that it was the will of the people that has brought them back to their land & it is by there hands that will allow them to inhabit the Land!
He also said that 50% of the jewish population does'nt believe in God, 28% are Secular,14% Orthodax, 0.something
are Christian... Is this True?
Shalom my Brother
Wow, I just thought about something, 60 yrs. You are of "THAT" Generation!
Praise be to God, Bless'ed be his Name!!!
God needs a 144,000 virgins to put his seal upon them, Please Spread the Word! Smiley
Maybe not, They'll think your a nutcase!
Your Loving Brother Duane
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 12:15:52 AM »

Hello Brother Duane,

I haven't spent much time in trying to keep up with the big name preachers of today. I tried several times with Christian television, and I was disappointed. I still try to watch from time to time. In fact, I'm watching a new one right now that Dreamweaver told us about - NRB Network - channel 378 for people who have Direct TV.  It has some really good Christian programming from what I've seen so far. I'm watching an excellent show right now against evolution.

I have thousands of sermons and Bible studies on my computer that I've collected over the years. I have a family full of pastors and missionaries for several generations, so we have a lot of resources. Most of my favorite resources are very old.

Reference Israel, I know they have great confusion and continuing "blindness in part". BUT, I also know that GOD isn't through working with Israel, and big changes will start happening soon. Reference Christians, I feel firmly that the Bible teaches us to pray for and support Israel. The biggest thing we know is that GOD has promised to restore Israel, and HE told us when - after the SECOND COMING OF CHRIST!

Brother, these are fascinating times, and it does appear that Bible Prophecy will unfold soon. As for Christians, we anxiously await HIS Glorious appearance and a beautiful series of promises that HE will fulfill perfectly at HIS Appointed time.

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 01:04:20 AM »

Hi BEP aka Brother Tom, Smiley
Their still disapointing (T.V) Preachers that is... Cry
I've alway's believed that most of them are the ones that are talked about in the Bible:
Who have broaden the borders of their garments and have made merchandise of the Children of God...
I would give my life for a Isrealite that loved God, maybe one that did'nt, So he could ask himself why would this man die for me?
I've known all the stories of Gods Children since i was a littleboy...
Gideon & Samson, David & one of Davids Generals I cant remember his name right now but he was one Tough
man of God!
The stories of Jerimiah weeping for Isreal, God showing his Mighty Hand to nation that defy him...
I will Pray for Isreal until my last breath, God as my witness!
Your Loving Brother Duane
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the