Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:10:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who Is Your Apostle?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Is Your Apostle?  (Read 22700 times)
Reba
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2003, 10:57:31 AM »

WOW!   You claim leadership of Paul. The guy spent years and zillions of words to unite the body and what has he gotten from most here division.
3wells

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2003, 11:12:33 AM »

Amen Ollie and Reba,

"In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets.
This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus."

Anyone claiming to have Paul as his Apostle would not be claiming to have Paul as his Apostle if they really had Paul as his Apostle, because Paul, that is, the Apostle, told us specifically:

"I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.
My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you.
What I mean is this:

One of you says, I follow Paul; another, I follow Apollos; another, I follow Cephas; still another, I follow Christ. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptised into the name of Paul?

There it is in black and white... so to speak.  Wink

« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 11:13:47 AM by 3wells » Logged
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2003, 11:47:38 AM »

Peter:

Acts 2:39.  For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

This does not connotate a seperation of the gospel, one to the Jews from Peter and one from Paul to the gentiles. It says the promeise is unto those present in Acts 2, their children, all that are afar off, as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The Lord calls both Jew and gentile through the gospel of Christ as given by Christ and the Holy Spirit to all the apostles.
They are called into one body, Christ's.
God did not seperate this calling in two, Jews and gentiles, but rather through this gospel made one of the two, the body of Christ, the ecclesia.

Ollie this is to Israel:
Peter:

Acts 2:39.  For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

You need to read Acts Chapter 2 with your eyes opened.

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Reba
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2003, 12:24:18 PM »

From the writings of your Apostle.. .

Gal 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
KJV

Rom 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
KJV

Col 3:11
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
KJV

Rom 2:28-29
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
KJV

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2003, 03:01:05 PM »

From the writings of your Apostle.. .

Gal 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
KJV

Rom 1:16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
KJV

Col 3:11
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
KJV

Rom 2:28-29
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
KJV

AMEN!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Reba
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2003, 06:35:11 PM »

double talk is hypocritical
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2003, 06:49:02 PM »

double talk is hypocritical

If you mean me, I believe the Word of God. The verses you posted, I agree with.

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2003, 06:34:45 PM »

All!

Since there is only one gospel of Jesus Christ, they all preached this same one gospel.

In Acts 15 Peter seems to be in accordance with Paul.

Acts 15:5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, "The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses."
6 The apostles and elders met to consider this question.
7 After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe.
8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.
9 He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.
10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?
11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

12 The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the miraculous signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them.

One must put the words of all the apostles together to come up with the whole, which is the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The one and only true gospel. None other.

Love in Christ,
Ollie

Ollie: One must put the words of all the apostles together to come up with the whole, which is the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The one and only true gospel. None other.

Love in Christ,
Ollie

I pray that you will start doing that Ollie.
Huh

Support your local Christian.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2003, 11:18:58 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

A lot of this appears to be nit-picking and semantics.

Who did God commission as the Apostle to the gentiles??

PAUL.

I find extreme value and purpose for every word in the Holy Bible, from cover to cover. However, if you ask the question above, there is an easy and simple answer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2003, 11:40:05 AM »

The church is being put together presently it is not totally unified just yet.

Even among the gentiles there is no unification presently and mainly because there is a sprinkling of tares among the wheat, or goats among the sheep, it will not occur until the shepherd separates them.

But the most interesting factor between jew and gentile is the way they come to be justified, Gods word does make a distinction of how they are justified one from the other, note;

Rom 3
30  Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Any clues??

Petro

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2003, 12:29:38 PM »

The church is being put together presently it is not totally unified just yet.

Even among the gentiles there is no unification presently and mainly because there is a sprinkling of tares among the wheat, or goats among the sheep, it will not occur until the shepherd separates them.

But the most interesting factor between jew and gentile is the way they come to be justified, Gods word does make a distinction of how they are justified one from the other, note;

Rom 3
30  Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Any clues??

Petro

Oklahoma Howdy to Brother Petro,

The wording here is specific for a purpose. The Jews already knew God and had faith in God, but they rejected Christ. The Jews' justification will be BY FAITH IN CHRIST.

The Gentiles were heathen and walking in darkness with Satan. They didn't know God, nor did they have faith in God. The Gentiles' justification will be THROUGH FAITH IN CHRIST.

Jesus Christ is THE CHRIST, the LORD AND SAVIOUR for all, and the ONLY WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE.

Thanks be unto God for HIS unspeakable GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Reba
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2003, 01:45:38 PM »

Mark 16:15
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
KJV

Matt 28:18-19
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
KJV
Acts 15:7-11
7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
KJV

Is it scriptue we value or dogma?
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2003, 03:32:32 PM »

Who is the apostle to who, Peter to the gentiles and Jews, Paul to the gentiles and Jews. One eventually more so to the Jews and one more so to the gentiles. They both preached and taught Christ to both. But what they both taught and preached was the one gospel of Jesus Christ. They were not divided, there was no division. Paul corrected Peter when He seperated himself from the gentiles because of the Jews. Peter and Paul both preached saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ as did all the apostles and others.

Paul and Peter would probably be upset with people today caring about who they apostled to rather than who they were apostles of.

Support your local Christian.
Reba
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2003, 03:39:21 PM »

Who is the apostle to who, Peter to the gentiles and Jews, Paul to the gentiles and Jews. One eventually more so to the Jews and one more so to the gentiles. They both preached and taught Christ to both. But what they both taught and preached was the one gospel of Jesus Christ. They were not divided, there was no division. Paul corrected Peter when He seperated himself from the gentiles because of the Jews. Peter and Paul both preached saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ as did all the apostles and others.

Paul and Peter would probably be upset with people today caring about who they apostled to rather than who they were apostles of.

Amen   Ollie,  AMEN   Worth repeating so i did  Grin
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2003, 04:44:28 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Ollie and Reba,

Here's another example of semantics.

Is it:

to argue?

for argument?

UM?, it seems as if they say the same thing, but maybe it is worthy of debate.

Maybe we could change the question. How about:

Which is the longer word, argue or argument?

UM?, but it has the same root word, maybe that could be debated. I guess we could debate form, tense, and usage.

I think when we all got to the end it would seem silly, and it is.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the