Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:27:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who Is Your Apostle?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who Is Your Apostle?  (Read 22701 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: November 26, 2003, 06:50:44 PM »

Who Is Your Apostle?

Just Asking Who Is Your Apostle? There are 2 choices. Peter and the 11 or Paul. Peter was sent to Israel. Paul was sent to the Gentiles. Peter preached a coming kingdom. Paul preached a leaving body (rapture). Peter preached works for salvation. Paul preached grace for salvation. Peter says keep the law. Paul says you cannot keep the law. Peter says don’t eat catfish. Paul says eat all things. Peter says meet on Saturday. Paul says meet on Sunday. Peter preached you must be water baptized. Paul preached you do not need water baptism. Peter preached sell all you have and God will take care of you. Paul preached if you do not work you do not eat. Peter preached the cross as a curse to Israel. Paul preached the curse removed. Peter never says he is the pattern for the Gentiles. Paul says he is the pattern for the Gentiles.

Who is your apostle? Until the rapture of the church – Paul is.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 06:53:23 PM »

Who Is Your Apostle?
The answer to this question will determine whether you are law or grace oriented.
For those who follow Peter and the 11 must also keep the law of Moses and keeping the law of Moses is no easy task.

Besides the 10 commandments there are 610 additional laws that must be kept.

And according to James: James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Thankfully, we are not under the law but under grace (Rom.6:14) as our apostle - the apostle to the gentiles (not Israel) in the dispensation of the grace of God (not the dispensation of the law of Moses) tells us. Yes Paul, not Peter is our apostle today for the bible says of Paul…

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

1 Tim 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

2 Tim 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 07:07:24 PM »

Is It Peter Or Paul?
Is It Peter Or Paul?
Peter was the chief apostle to the twelve tribes of Israel 2,000 years ago and one day he will sit on one of the 12 thrones, judging the 12 tribes of Israel. According to the bible Israel was set aside as the agency through which God would reveal himself to mankind. The reason they were set aside was spiritual blindness.

With the setting aside of Israel as his agent God turned to the Gentiles. He raised up Saul of Tarsus. Later Saul has his name changed to Paul. It was to Paul that the risen Lord Jesus Christ revealed an unprophesied mystery program for the Gentiles called the "dispensation of the grace of God". To Paul was revealed that God's new agency would be called the "body of Christ." Salvation would not be according to the law of Moses but built upon faith in the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. To Paul was given the doctrine, duty and destiny of the church the body of Christ.

At the end of this age God will "catch away" his body in a cataclysmic event of biblical proportions commonly called the "rapture" of the church. God at that time will fulfill all the blessings and cursings that belong to Israel.

So, you see, it is very important to follow the right message today. If you try to follow Peter you will be to little to late, but with Paul you will be right on time.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 07:16:52 PM »

Robbing Peter To Pay Paul

by Doug Dodd s.b.g.

Recently I read a book titled "Why you say it". It tells where a lot of the phrases that we use daily come from. The phrase "Robbing Peter to pay Paul" wasn’t in the book but is one that I am hearing more and more lately along with phrases like "Paul the renegade" and "Paul the trouble maker".

As we head into the next millenium we can expect to hear more of these kinds of phrases as "grace churches" continue to press the issue of Pauline authority.

C. I. Scofield was right when he said, "... it is in the Pauline epistles alone that you find the doctrine, duty and destiny of the church the body of Christ."

For to long has the body of Christ languished in the shadow of the dark ages. Those ages denied the truth of the "one body, the pre tribulational catching away of the church and salvation by grace through faith" to the masses. For to long the works of the law have dominated through the preaching of denominations. It is time for grace believers to become grace soldiers. It is time to make some waves it is time to rock the boat.

Are we robbing Peter to pay Paul? Not if you ask Peter. Peter understood that the nation of Israel was being set aside. He understood that the Body of Christ was not spiritual Israel but God’s agency through which he would work during the present "dispensation of grace" (Eph. 3). He understood that Paul was writing inspired scripture. (2 Pet 3:15,16) Peter knew the difference between the "gospel of the circumcision" committed to him and the "gospel of the Uncircumcision" committed to Paul (Gal. 2).

Are we robbing Peter to pay Paul? Not if you ask the Lord Jesus Christ. For it was the risen Lord Jesus Christ that gave Paul the revelation of the mystery (Gal 1, Eph. 3, Rom. 16 etcetera, etcetera, etcetera). It was the risen Lord Jesus Christ that gave Paul his authority. 1 Cor 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."

Do we rob Peter to pay Paul? Not if you ask Paul for he is the chief of sinners, the least of all saints and our pattern. (1 Tim 1:15, Eph 3:8 & 1 Tim 1:16).

No, it has been the other way around for a long time. Paul and thereby the body of Christ, and thereby the lost of this world, have been robbed by religion, tradition and denominational teaching. It is time to get things back in order.

If you are going to be a part of what God is doing today you will have to follow the pattern. The pattern that God has given us to follow is Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, in the dispensation of the grace of God.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 07:58:44 PM »

You scared me for a second there. When I first say the topic, I thought “No, please don’t tell me this is a ‘Which Apostle are you?’ quiz!” Undecided Thank God that isn’t he case!  Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 08:01:03 PM »

You scared me for a second there. When I first say the topic, I thought “No, please don’t tell me this is a ‘Which Apostle are you?’ quiz!” Undecided Thank God that isn’t he case!  Grin

Grin

Tippy who is your Apostle?

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 08:09:35 PM »

Thomas, because I’m a complete jerk when I think Jesus isn’t around. Grin

Paul, because without my Glasses, I'm blind.

lol j/k

Ok, I'd better stop. Grin I'm going to get to heaven, some guy in a robe will walk up to me "Hey, I heard what you said! I'm Thomas... and Jesus isn't around Angry " *Whack* Wink

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 10:51:43 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Ambassador4Christ,

Paul told me about a mystery not known to men of other ages.

Paul told me about the Gospel of the Grace of God.

Paul told me about Jesus dying on the cross in my stead, paying for my sins, and offering to be my Lord and Saviour, the Lord of my life.

Paul told me about Jesus Christ fulfilling the law, a law that I couldn't fulfill.

Paul told me about the BODY OF CHRIST, a CHURCH not made with human hands.

Paul told me about a GIFT that would be given me full and free by faith in Jesus Christ and acceptance of HIM as my personal Lord and Saviour.

Paul told me that the blood of Jesus would wash all my sins away.

Paul told me about walking in the SPIRIT, fellowship with CHRIST, and the fruits of the SPIRIT.

Paul told me about being saved by Grace through faith in Jesus Christ, not of works or deeds of the law lest any man should boast.

Yes, Paul explained a beautiful mystery not known to men of other ages.

Thanks be unto God for HIS unspeakable GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2003, 11:55:44 PM »

Who Is Your Apostle?

Just Asking Who Is Your Apostle? There are 2 choices. Peter and the 11 or Paul. Peter was sent to Israel. Paul was sent to the Gentiles. Peter preached a coming kingdom. Paul preached a leaving body (rapture). Peter preached works for salvation. Paul preached grace for salvation. Peter says keep the law. Paul says you cannot keep the law. Peter says don’t eat catfish. Paul says eat all things. Peter says meet on Saturday. Paul says meet on Sunday. Peter preached you must be water baptized. Paul preached you do not need water baptism. Peter preached sell all you have and God will take care of you. Paul preached if you do not work you do not eat. Peter preached the cross as a curse to Israel. Paul preached the curse removed. Peter never says he is the pattern for the Gentiles. Paul says he is the pattern for the Gentiles.

Who is your apostle? Until the rapture of the church – Paul is.

There is no difference-each taught what he was called to teach, to the audience God called him to teach it to. The apostles were not Judaizers! The fulfillment of the law through Christ had not come yet when Peter taught the old ways, neither had the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, and neither had God turned away from the Jews yet.
As it is written:

1 Corinthians 3:5-8

3:5Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

3:6I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

3:7So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

3:8Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

Blessings,
Whitehorse

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2003, 08:09:26 AM »

All!

Since there is only one gospel of Jesus Christ, they all preached this same one gospel.

In Acts 15 Peter seems to be in accordance with Paul.

Acts 15:5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, "The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses."
6 The apostles and elders met to consider this question.
7 After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe.
8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.
9 He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.
10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?
11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

12 The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the miraculous signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them.

One must put the words of all the apostles together to come up with the whole, which is the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The one and only true gospel. None other.

Love in Christ,
Ollie

Support your local Christian.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2003, 09:04:57 AM »

Paul told me about a mystery not known to men of other ages.

Paul told me about the Gospel of the Grace of God.

Paul told me about Jesus dying on the cross in my stead, paying for my sins, and offering to be my Lord and Saviour, the Lord of my life.

Paul told me about Jesus Christ fulfilling the law, a law that I couldn't fulfill.

Paul told me about the BODY OF CHRIST, a CHURCH not made with human hands.

Paul told me about a GIFT that would be given me full and free by faith in Jesus Christ and acceptance of HIM as my personal Lord and Saviour.

Paul told me that the blood of Jesus would wash all my sins away.

Paul told me about walking in the SPIRIT, fellowship with CHRIST, and the fruits of the SPIRIT.

Paul told me about being saved by Grace through faith in Jesus Christ, not of works or deeds of the law lest any man should boast.

Yes, Paul explained a beautiful mystery not known to men of other ages.

Thanks be unto God for HIS unspeakable GIFT!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Tom, have I told you lately, I love you.
AAAAAAAAAAAMEN! Bro

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2003, 09:07:39 AM »

All!

Since there is only one gospel of Jesus Christ, they all preached this same one gospel.

In Acts 15 Peter seems to be in accordance with Paul.

Acts 15:5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, "The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses."
6 The apostles and elders met to consider this question.
7 After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe.
8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.
9 He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.
10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?
11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

12 The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the miraculous signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them.

One must put the words of all the apostles together to come up with the whole, which is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Love in Christ,
Ollie

Ollie: One must put the words of all the apostles together to come up with the whole, which is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Love in Christ,
Ollie

I pray that you will start doing that Ollie.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2003, 09:34:05 PM »

Brother Tom, have I told you lately, I love you.
AAAAAAAAAAAMEN! Bro

Brother, I love you too. Today was a beautiful family day with God, and we had much to give thanks for. I give thanks for my Brothers and Sisters in Christ every day. I also give thanks every day that we are free to read our Bibles, worship, gather for fellowship, and pray whenever we want to without fear of persecution. I read the recent article about Christians in other parts of the world who are being put in prison for studying their Bibles and worshiping Christ. I think that we take many things for granted and do not realize how precious our freedoms are. When I think about freedom, I also have to give thanks to our veterans, past and current, who fight and die to preserve our way of life. Today was a good day to reflect on the many blessings God has granted us. It was a beautiful day of prayer and thanks.

Love In Christ,
Tom

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2003, 10:33:34 PM »

The bible reveals one gospel of Jesus Christ.
There is not one from Peter for the Jews and another from Paul for the gentiles.  The gospel of Christ makes one of the two, neither jew nor greek but one in Christ Jesus.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2003, 10:06:38 AM »

Peter:

Acts 2:39.  For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

This does not connotate a seperation of the gospel, one to the Jews from Peter and one from Paul to the gentiles. It says the promeise is unto those present in Acts 2, their children, all that are afar off, as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The Lord calls both Jew and gentile through the gospel of Christ as given by Christ and the Holy Spirit to all the apostles.
They are called into one body, Christ's.
God did not seperate this calling in two, Jews and gentiles, but rather through this gospel made one of the two, the body of Christ, the ecclesia.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 10:18:56 AM by ollie » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the