Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:24:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Should Christians look at Lovescopes or Horoscopes ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should Christians look at Lovescopes or Horoscopes ?  (Read 5244 times)
Truth1212

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2007, 09:32:09 PM »

Hi,

I writing this forum, because recently. I have been looking at the lovescopes. I know exactly what the word says about divination,
astrologers, and witchcraft, and I do not want to open the door to any of these thing in my life. If I haven't already, but I like this man that I really wanted to find out more about him and I know I could of just relied on faith. But, I started to look at these lovescopes and some of these thins said (predictions) were coming true. Is it familiar spirits or is it really base on my actually wanting to believe it.  Undecided

please respond
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:41:26 PM »

Hi Truth1212,

Welcome to Christians Unite.

From what you have already said then you already know the answer to this. Lovescopes are based on astrology so what is said about astrology does pertain to the use of lovescopes also.

Don't rely on them but do rely on the Lord fully. He will guide you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:56:13 PM »

I would like to add something. Those things are can be so vague and also like you said, it became true because you made it true.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 05:51:27 AM »

Hello Truth1212, and welcome to Christians Unite forum.

Pastor Roger is correct, in what he is telling you. I would add though...........

1 John 4:1 BELOVED, DO not put faith in every spirit, but prove (test) the spirits to discover whether they proceed from God; for many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

The reason I posted 1 John 4:1 is the times we live in. You will find satan is hiding from God's children through trickery.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 10:34:13 PM »

Hello Truth1212,

WELCOME!

I think that you've already received excellent advice, so I'll just say that I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 02:45:21 PM »

Welcome to the forum  Truth1212.  Looking forward to reading your posts and sharing in fellowship with you. Smiley Smiley Smiley

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Truth1212

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 03:42:02 AM »

I would like to thank your for the responses received on the above subject.  I only want to live by the truth which is the Word Of God.
Stephanie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 10:42:10 AM »

Deuteronomy 18:10-12
(10) There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. (11) Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. (12) For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee." In Leviticus 20:6, God likens spiritism to prostitution, the physical counterpart to spiritual prostitution, idolatry. To God, witchcraft and occultism are similar to sexual immorality, but one is physical and the other is spiritual. Both defile the purity God desires in our flesh and in our spirit (II Corinthians 7:1).  When a Christian meddles in spiritism, whether it is witchcraft, sorcery, divination, consulting a medium or fortune-teller, or even reading a horoscope, he undermines his relationship with God, in the same way that a man who visits a prostitute damages his relationship with his wife. There is a covenant between God and Christian and the consultation of spiritism or practice of witchcraft and idolatry causes division between God and a Christian as someone else is coming between the two covenanted parties. Occultism puts a wedge between God and the Christian. It drives a Christian away from God.

Living for Christ
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 11:29:24 AM »

Deuteronomy 18:10-12
(10) There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. (11) Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. (12) For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee." In Leviticus 20:6, God likens spiritism to prostitution, the physical counterpart to spiritual prostitution, idolatry. To God, witchcraft and occultism are similar to sexual immorality, but one is physical and the other is spiritual. Both defile the purity God desires in our flesh and in our spirit (II Corinthians 7:1).  When a Christian meddles in spiritism, whether it is witchcraft, sorcery, divination, consulting a medium or fortune-teller, or even reading a horoscope, he undermines his relationship with God, in the same way that a man who visits a prostitute damages his relationship with his wife. There is a covenant between God and Christian and the consultation of spiritism or practice of witchcraft and idolatry causes division between God and a Christian as someone else is coming between the two covenanted parties. Occultism puts a wedge between God and the Christian. It drives a Christian away from God.

AMEN SISTER STEPHANIE!

I had to quote your entire post because it is excellent and nothing but the Biblical TRUTH. Your answer is short but extremely powerful, and it contains the Bible references as PROOF that what you say is completely TRUE! THANKS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 10:8-10 NASB
"All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 11:55:17 AM »

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to Christians Unite.

I say another Amen to your post.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 11:01:44 AM »

Onething I've learned in my 46 yr endevour,
God Chastise's his children, like a good father should...
So be careful, God will spank you!
I can see that you've read your bible & know the answer already...
That will make it worse on a person, To know something is evil & then do it anyway...
Stay Strong & Endure...
A Loving Brother
Duane
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 12:59:07 PM »

What Stephanie said..

AMEN to it.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 01:13:08 PM »

I've never heard of Lovescopes, but every once in a great while I will look my horoscope when I need a laugh. They are so amusing and read just like a Chinese fortune cookie. I can't imagine anyone taking them seriously.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 01:37:35 PM »

Where I work (VERY large software company in the NW) we are not allowed to talk about Christianity or post posters, watch what we have as screen savers, etc.  However during Gay Pride week you will see posters everywhere and you will also see posters or Muslim and Buddist gathering and classes.  Of course we don't want to "offend" anyone so as Christians we do not have the same rights.
For a while the receptionist team were allowed a forum.  Again we (Christians) had to watch what we said on there so as not to offend.  However when horoscopes and talk of numerology and doing some one's chart started appearing, I complained LOUDLY that is was offensive.  After all I have rights too even if the world doesn't think I do.
I am happy to say that the horoscopes, etc were banned from our little forum anyway.  So lets chalk up one, albeit small, victory for Christ!

Let us fight the good fight!
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 02:21:35 PM »

Hi stephanie,
I just reread my earlier reply and it sounded like i was
saying that God WAS going to spank you,
I did'nt mean it that way...OK?
A Loving Brother
Duane

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the