Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:57:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Should Christians look at Lovescopes or Horoscopes ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should Christians look at Lovescopes or Horoscopes ?  (Read 5245 times)
godscreation24

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 04:13:34 PM »

Those things are so vague that they could pertain to just about anyone...follow your heart and stay within Gods path and you will find that he will give you more honest answers to anything you want to know.
nickie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 01:32:49 AM »

Astrology, Horoscopes, and Occult

Isaiah 8:19 So why are you trying to find out the future by consulting mediums and psychics? Do not listen to their whisperings and mutterings. Can the living find out the future from the dead? Why not ask your God?

Isaiah 47:12-14 Call out the demon hordes you have worshiped all these years. Ask them to help you strike terror into the hearts of people once again. You have more than enough advisers, astrologers, and stargazers. Let them stand up and save you from what the furture holds. But they are as useless as dried grass burning in a fire. They cannot even save themselves! You will get no help from them at all. Their hearth is not a place to sit for warmth.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 01:48:03 AM »

Amen Sister Nickie!

I see that you are new, so WELCOME!

I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you. I couldn't sleep, so I'm still here back and forth. We have quite a few who do the same thing, and we also have people in parts of the world where it's daylight now. I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 04:23:50 AM »

Astrology is defined as a belief in the movement or the position of the planets and stars as the forewarnings of the will of the gods (or forces of fate), which the devotees of astrology may somehow cope with by taking some sort of evasive or preventive action.

Astrology, when related to the horoscopes and study of the signs of the zodiac, may indicate special potentialities in those born under a certain constellation, or signify good or bad luck for activities that might be engaged in during that particular day.

In ancient pre-Christian times, the concern for astrology was accompanied by actual worship of the heavenly bodies in a ritualistic way.

Astrology is condemned by God because it is an attempt on the part of humanity to usurp that which naturally belongs to God, ie. foreknowledge and acquire knowledge of the future whether near or far. Astrology is also a result of humanity's rejection of God's revelation, in that humans seek to worship the created order or themselves, rather than the Creator Himself. (Romans 1:25)

Scripture emphatically states in Deuteronomy 29:29 "The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law." This truth is reiterated by Joseph in Genesis 40:8 "Do not interpretations belong to God?" and the prophet Daniel, "but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries" (Daniel 2:28)

That which is secret, be it the future, our plans for the future, the end of the age, the coming of Christ is in the jurisdiction of God alone. We are not privy to that information nor are we permitted to interfere into that area. What has been given to us to know by God has been given by way of revelation, to go beyond God's revealed Word is to tread into perilous waters. Once again Scripture admonishes us "…so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not take pride in one man over against another." (1 Corinthians 4:6) The result of going beyond God's revelation is human pride, the concept that man is the measure of all things and the master of his destiny. Therein lies the very essence of astrology. It all comes down to one point: CONTROL. It is the attempt to have control over one's future in regards to marriage, employment, relationships, etc. From the beginning, humanity has always sought to be independent and released from God. Humans have been assuming all along that they are their own god. This was the lie of the serpent in the Garden, "your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." (Genesis 3:5)

Astrology is false according to the Scriptures for the following reasons:

1) The stars were created by God to serve as "lights" and "signs" for calendar purposes (years, months, days, seasons). The stars were made for our benefit (Genesis 1:1, 14-19) and not for the purposes of divination or predicting the future. (Psalm 136:7-9)

2) The worship of the heavenly bodies and stars is condemned by God as idolatry. Under the Mosaic law, people who engaged in these practices were to be executed. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

3) The worship of heavenly bodies and stars are forbidden. (Deuteronomy 4:19)

4) The stars, being God's creation, are told in biblical poetical literature to worship God. (Psalm 148:3) The reason being that God alone is the Creator and worthy of all worship by the created order whether animated (humans, animals, plants) or inanimate. (sun, moon, stars, heavens, etc.)

5) Israel was condemned for falling away from God by worshipping the stars. (2 Kings 23:4-5; 2 Chronicles 33:1-6)

6) God challenges the Babylonians to summon their astrologers and prevent His judgment from falling on the nation of Babylon. God Himself mocks the astrologers. (Isaiah 47:11-15) Astrology leads to error and cannot save anyone.

7) Astrologers cannot interpret the dreams of Nebuchadnezzar. (Daniel 2:1-2, 10-12)

8 ) Astrologers cannot decipher the handwriting on the wall. (Daniel 5:7-8)

9) Daniel and his friends' knowledge surpasses those of astrologers. (Daniel 1:17, 20) This demonstrates that God's revelation, that Daniel had, was greater and much more reliable than the information that the Babylonian astrologers had.

10) God alone knows the future and He does not make it known through astrologers. (Daniel 2:27-28) Rather God reveals His plans to His chosen prophets. "Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets"(Amos 3:7 This agrees with Deuteronomy 29:29 cited above.

11) Although Jesus never mentioned astrology, we know that He opposed it since He viewed the Scriptures as authoritative and inspired as He said, "the Scripture cannot be broken" (John 10:35). We must also note that Jesus was the God-Man. As the Word who existed from all eternity with God and was Himself God (John 1:1-3, 18), He was the One who spoke with Moses and gave the Law (including prohibitions against astrology) to him. ( Compare Exodus 3:13 with John 8:58-59)

12) "Idolaters" will not inherit the Kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-10) As noted earlier, God views astrology as equivalent to idolatry. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

13) Idolatry and witchcraft are condemned and those who practice it will not inherit God's Kingdom. (Galatians 5:19-21) Witchcraft and/or sorcery in the New Testament comes from the Greek word farmakeia (pronounced pharmakeia). We get the word pharmacy from this word. It means "sorcery", "witchcraft", "magical arts" and it is connected with idolatry. Astrology was related to sorcery and magical arts as well.

14) According to Revelation 9:20-21, the end times will be characterized by an increased involvement in sorcery or magical arts which includes astrology.

15) Those who practice "magical arts" (like astrology), have no part in the New Jerusalem, but are referred to as "dogs" which in biblical times referred to those who were unclean and outside of God's favour. (Revelation 22:15)

16) The chief Apostles, Peter and Paul personally condemned sorcerers with strong language. (Acts 8:9-10, 18-24; 13:6-12)

Thus, astrology is condemned throughout Scripture by the Law of Moses, the Prophets, Jesus Christ (implicitly, see point 11 above), the Apostles, and the Christian Church today.

There are 2 irrefutable facts in the Bible: 1) There is a God and 2) You are not Him. Only God is infinite and omniscient, Who knows all things, the end from the beginning. We are finite and limited in knowledge. Scripture reminds us to never to assume that we will know what will happen tomorrow. We should instead recognize that only God knows what tomorrow will bring. For this reason we are told that we should always say, "if it is the Lord's will." (James 4:13-16) We do not know the future, but we do know Him who holds it in the palm of His hand. What a blessed assurance this brings.

Stephanie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 06:12:29 AM »

Thanks Duane, no need to apologise.  I know that our Lord corrects those that He loves. Stay blessed.

Living for Christ
KC8ZDA

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 10:39:48 AM »

I would not use either and just relay on God, my wife and I will be celebrating our 26 wedding anniversary this November 21, God use me to get her out of a sad situation and we had only been together 6 mouths. be patient and wait for God, it is easer said than done, I fight satin every time I turn around. I finally had to quit horsing around and accepted Christ Jesus and no lion He does save, and I do try to pig out on God's word so I can be a parrot and repeat His Word, it is like a two headed dog are you lost John 3:16-18 in a nut shell the entire Bible. even when we fall God still loves us, He hates the sin but He loves a sinner that is Why Christ Jesus dies not for the sinner but our sins against God. because of my sins I am a diabetic, panic, anxiety, depression, ADD and other struggles. and now empty nest syndrome. I have two girls
one is 21 and the other one is 18 both and in collage, I do need all the hugs I can get from the ladies at church it is very comfroting to know that someone cares, if I did not care about my sister I would not have responded to you my hug for you
please take care and let God lead, I try to every day in Christ Jesus love
KC8ZDA
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the