Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:22:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Understanding Roman Catholicism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Understanding Roman Catholicism  (Read 4622 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2007, 09:09:04 PM »

Confirmation

Confirmation, besides being one of the sacraments necessary for salvation, also provides Catholics with other benefits, says the Catechism:
"Confirmation perfects Baptismal grace; it is the sacrament which gives the Holy Spirit in order to root us more deeply in the divine filiation, incorporate us more firmly into Christ, strengthen our bond with the Church..." Pg. 333, #1316

Supposedly, Confirmation incorporates Catholics more firmly into Christ. But the Bible teaches no such doctrine. According to God's Word, you are either in Christ or you are not. Being more firmly incorporated into Christ is never taught:
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Once you are born into God's family, there is no person or thing that can remove you from it:
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

A child of God does not need to be more firmly incorporated into Christ:
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Romans 8:1

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Ephesians 2:13

A spiritual imprint?

Another supposed benefit of Confirmation is that:
"Confirmation, like Baptism, imprints a spiritual mark or indelible character on the Christian's soul..." Pg. 333, #1317

You can search the Bible, but you will not read about the imprinting of spiritual marks on a Christian's souls. The Catechism tells us why:
"The imposition of hands is rightly recognized by the Catholic tradition as the origin of the sacrament of Confirmation..." Pg. 326 #1288

Confirmation is not in the Bible because it's a tradition of men... a life-long tradition that is to be performed up until the last moment of a Catholic's life:
"If a Christian is in danger of death, any priest should give him Confirmation. Indeed, the Church desires that none of her children, even the youngest, should depart this world without having been perfected by the Holy Spirit with the gift of Christ 's fullness." Pg. 332, #1314

The real purpose of Confirmation

The practical result is that this ritual brings people into deeper bondage to the Catholic church. Surprisingly, the Catechism admits this:
"For by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church..." Pg. 326 #1285

But why would anyone need or want to be bound to the rules of the Catholic church, considering that Jesus came to set people free?
"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." John 8:36

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free..." Galatians 5:1

Conclusion

Is the man-made Roman Catholic tradition of Confirmation necessary for salvation?

* God's Holy Word emphatically states, "No!"
    * The Catholic church disregards the Bible and insists that it is.

Who will you believe... the Word of God, or the commandments of men?
"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Matthew 15:9

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2007, 09:09:40 PM »

Confessing Sins to a Priest

Regarding the forgiveness of sins, two critical doctrines must be examined. First, all sins must be confessed to a priest:
"One who desires to obtain reconciliation with God and with the Church, must confess to a priest all the unconfessed grave sins he remembers after having carefully examined his conscience." Pg. 374, #1493

"Confession to a priest is an essential part of the sacrament of Penance:" Pg. 365, #1456

"It is called the sacrament of confession, since the disclosure or confession of sins to a priest is an essential element of this sacrament. Pg. 357, #1424 (See also Pg. 374, #1493).

Catholicism orders members to confess their sins to a man, but the Bible reveals that those who have been born into God's family can go straight to God's throne to receive forgiveness for their sins:
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. " Psalm 32:5

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

David confessed his sins to God when he prayed:
"Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me." Psalm 51:2-3

Here is why true Christians have access to God' s throne:
"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus..." Hebrews 10:19

Because of the sinless blood that Jesus Christ shed on the cross, we have the authority to go straight to the throne of God for forgiveness.

The "first pope's" example

In the book of Acts, a man named Simon came to the alleged first pope, Peter, wanting to buy the power of the Holy Spirit. How did Peter respond to this sin? Did he suggest that Simon make a confession to him right there? No, Peter told him to repent and confess his sin to God and ask God to forgive him. (See Acts 8:18-22).

Can priests forgive sins?

The second part of this doctrine suggests that Catholic priests have the power to forgive sins:
"Only priests who have received the faculty of absolving from the authority of the Church can forgive sins in the name of Christ." Pg. 374, #1495 (See also Pg. 364 #1448)

Here, too, Catholic doctrine opposes God's Word:
"Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?" Mark 2:7

Catholicism teaches that the priest is a mediator between God and man. (See Pg. 365, #1456). But the Bible recognizes only one mediator:
"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" 1 Timothy 2:5

Once again, the Catechism admits that these are not instructions from God, but traditions of men:
"The Fathers of the Church present this sacrament as the second plank [of salvation]..." Pg. 363 #1446

More bondage
"According to the Church's command, 'after having attained the age of discretion, each of the faithful is bound by an obligation faithfully to confess serious sins at least once a year.'" Pg. 365, #1457 (Emphasis author's)

There is that word "bound" again. The Church Fathers created another tradition which keeps people in bondage to the Catholic church.

What a powerful weapon to use against Catholics around the world. In essence, this doctrine says that if you leave the Catholic church, you will not be able to obtain forgiveness for your sins, which means you won't go to heaven.

Please remember, none of this came from God! These are all man-made threats. May God open your spiritual eyes and give you understanding, so that you may see the depth of the bondage this religion holds you in. May God show you that you don't have to be held captive to this religion any longer. Jesus Christ wants to set you free.

Conclusion

Millions of faithful Catholics blindly file into confessional booths, believing that the priest has the power to forgive their sins.

What about you? Where will you go to have your sins forgiven? To a sinful priest, as the man-made traditions of the Catholic church demand?

Or will you go straight to God Almighty, as the Bible teaches?
"Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared." Psalm 130:1-4

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2007, 09:10:15 PM »

Indulgences

Through indulgences, the sins of Roman Catholics, both those who are alive and those in Purgatory, can supposedly be forgiven:
"Through indulgences the faithful can obtain the remission of temporal punishment resulting from sin for themselves and also for the souls in Purgatory." Pg. 374, #1498

Here is the Catechism's definition of an indulgence:
"An indulgence is a remission before God of the temporal punishment due to sins whose guilt has already been forgiven, which the faithful Christian who is duly disposed gains under certain prescribed conditions through the action of the Church which, as the minister of redemption, dispenses and applies with authority the treasury of the satisfactions of Christ and the saints." Pg. 370, #1471

Here, the water gets deep. Space does not permit a full explanation of indulgences. Suffice it to say that they are a complicated system of good works. It should also be mentioned that every rule regarding indulgences is a tradition of men. Not one can be found in God's Word.

Categories of sins?
"To understand this doctrine (Indulgences) and practice of the Church, it is necessary to understand that sin has a double consequence." Pg. 370, #1472

But the Bible consistently reveals that all sin has the same consequence:
"For the wages of sin is death..." Romans 6:23

"Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." James 1:15

The final result of sin is always death, no matter how minor we may think a particular sin is. Catholics try to pay for sins through indulgences, but Christ already paid for every sin:
"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;" 1 Corinthians 15:3

While it is true that God does want His children to perform good works, those works are not a requirement for salvation, they are a result of salvation. Paul teaches:
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:8, 10

Once one is saved by grace, good works should follow. But good works are never a requirement for salvation. Neither are they a requirement for forgiveness of sins after salvation.

The New Testament bulges with examples of Jesus forgiving sins, but He never demanded good works as a condition of forgiveness.

Can the living help the dead?

Catholicism also purports that indulgences help those who have already died:
"Since the faithful departed now being purified are also members of the same communion of saints, one way we can help them is to obtain indulgences for them, so that the temporal punishments due for their sins may be remitted." Pg. 371-372, #1479

Here is another load of man-made traditions. You will never find any of this taught in the Word of God. As we have mentioned previously, the time to have your sins remitted is while you are still alive.

Three themes

In this doctrine, three recurring themes come to the surface again:

1. Another divine attribute of Jesus is minimized. The Bible declares that only Christ's work can bring about the forgiveness of sins. Catholicism, though, claims that sins can be forgiven through the good works of any ordinary Catholic.

2. Indulgences keep people in bondage to the Catholic church. Rather than going to God for forgiveness, Catholics must toil and strive, performing good deeds through the Catholic church for forgiveness of their sins.

It is noteworthy to ponder that the "good works" of Catholicism differ from the good works of the Bible. Biblical good works are deeds done for other people, while Catholicism' s good works revolve primarily around performing rituals of the church (Masses, saying rosaries, Catholic prayers, lighting candles, etc.). God intended good works to benefit others, not to bring people into bondage to a church.

3. Indulgences are a form of spiritual blackmail, forcing members to remain faithful to the church, so they can someday help their loved ones reach heaven.

Conclusion

Is this system of good works from God? Read what God records in His Holy Word on the subject, then decide for yourself:
"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us..." Titus 3:5

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2007, 09:12:16 PM »

Interpreting God's Word

Are Catholics able to interpret God's Word for themselves?
"The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him." Pg. 30, #100

Can only the pope and the leadership of the Catholic church properly interpret God's Word? Let's go to the Bible and see how God feels about this teaching. When Paul and Silas preached in Berea, the people:
"... received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11

In other words, they interpreted the Scriptures for themselves with the help of the Holy Spirit.
"And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?" Mark 12:24

Why did Jesus chastise the Sadducees for not knowing the Scriptures if it was impossible for them to interpret them?

And why did Peter, Catholicism's first " pope," declare the following?
"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." 2 Peter 1:20

Why does Paul instruct us to study the Bible if we can't interpret it?
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

Jesus admonished the Jews to:
"Search the scriptures..." John 5:39

Why would He do that, if He knew they couldn't interpret them?

Who does the interpreting?

The Bible reveals that the Holy Spirit, not a group of men, will interpret Scripture for God's children and will help them to understand all things:
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth..." John 16:13

The Apostle Paul recognized that the Holy Spirit was the One who taught him:
"Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." 1 Corinthians 2:13

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." 1 Corinthians 2:12

Why are Christians commanded to memorize the Scriptures if they can' t understand them?
"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Psalm 119:11

"Keep my commandments, and live... write them upon the table of thine heart." Proverbs 7:2-3

A warning

The following verses of Scripture should alarm anyone who believes they need a church to interpret the Bible for them:
"These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie , and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." 1 John 2:26-27

Could God's position be any plainer?

Conclusion

Why is the Catholic church so determined to interpret the Scriptures for you? Is it because they want to control you and keep you in bondage to Catholicism?

Are they afraid that if you read the Scriptures for yourself, you might discover that Catholic doctrines are contrary to God's Word?

Do you really believe that all non-Catholics are groping around in spiritual blindness, needing the Catholic church to interpret the Bible for them?

You must settle these things in your own mind, but your most important decision is:
"Who will interpret Scripture for you... the Holy Spirit of God or the Roman Catholic church?"

Your answer to that question will determine who you will obey and eventually where you will spend eternity:
"O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. " Psalm 119:97-99

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2007, 09:12:55 PM »

Catholic Prayer

"Prayer cannot be reduced to the spontaneous outpouring of interior impulse: in order to pray, one must have the will to pray. Nor is it enough to know what the Scriptures reveal about prayer: one must also learn how to pray. Through a living transmission (Sacred Tradition) within 'the believing and praying Church,' the Holy Spirit teaches the children how to pray." Pg. 637, #2650

This Catechism quote makes two remarkably controversial statements. Let's look at each. First:
"Prayer cannot be reduced to the spontaneous outpouring of interior impulse:"

According to the Bible, it can! God's Word contains thousands of examples of spontaneous outpourings... and God heard every one of them:
"I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me..." Psalm 3:4

"O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me." Psalm 30:2

"In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me." Psalm 120:1

"Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah." Psalm 62:8

Rather than spontaneous outpourings, Catholic prayers are an endless repetition of written words. Interestingly, Jesus forbids this method of praying, claiming it is a practice the "heathen" perform:
"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking." Matthew 6:7

Secondly, the Catechism contends:
"Nor is it enough to know what the Scriptures reveal about prayer: one must also learn how to pray. Through a living transmission (Sacred Tradition) within 'the believing and praying Church,' the Holy Spirit teaches the children how to pray.' "

Here, the Catechism proclaims that the Scriptures can't teach you how to pray. For that you must have the Catholic church. However, long before there was a Catholic church, people prayed and received answers to their prayers:
"Abraham prayed unto God: and God healed Abimelech, and his wife, and his maidservants..." Genesis 20:17

"...when Moses prayed unto the LORD, the fire was quenched." Numbers 11:2

"Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha." 2 Kings 6:18

These people spontaneously poured out their hearts to God, without help from the Catholic church. God offers His children this invitation:
"And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me." Psalm 50:15

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6-7

God's Word teaches that God not only accepts spontaneous outpourings, He encourages them.

Bondage?

Is it a coincidence that this Catholic doctrine further wraps members in bondage to the Catholic church? That is for you to decide.

Conclusion

We have a standoff. The Bible condemns Catholicism's form of prayer, and the Catholic church condemns the Biblical form of prayer. Obviously, you must choose sides.

Will you side with God and His Holy Word, or with the traditions of men?
"They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded." Psalm 22:5

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2007, 09:13:30 PM »

Penance

Another series of good works which Catholicism requires is known as penance:
"Absolution takes away sin, but it does not remedy all the disorders sin has caused. Raised up from sin, the sinner must still recover his full spiritual health by doing something more to make amends for the sin: he must 'make satisfaction for' or 'expiate' his sins. This satisfaction is also called 'penance.'" Pg. 366, #1459

Millions of Catholics around the world faithfully perform penance, believing these good works are required by God to "make amends for" their sins and to restore them to "full spiritual health."

However, the written Scriptures reveal that this practice is another tradition of men that defies God's Word and degrades the work Christ did on the cross.

As we have already covered, Christ paid the full price for our sins at Calvary. To believe that good works are necessary to recover one's "full spiritual health" is to deny God's Word. God makes this promise to all who put their faith in Jesus Christ:
"And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where re-mission of these is, there is no more offering for sin." Hebrews 10:17-18

God promises never to remember the sins of true Christians, and declares that once sins are forgiven through faith in Christ, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, there aren't any works you can do that will cause your sins to be forgiven. Christ did it all!

Yet, the Catechism keeps pouring out man-made rules:
"The penance the confessor imposes must take into account the penitent's personal situation and must seek his spiritual good. It must correspond as far as possible with the gravity and nature of the sins committed." Pg 367, #1460

The Catechism even defines specific good works that can constitute penance:
"(Penance) can consist of prayer, an offering, works of mercy, service of neighbor, voluntary self-denial, sacrifices, and above all the patient acceptance of the cross we must bear." Pg 367, #1460

But God has never demanded good works for forgiveness of sins:
"For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee." Psalm 86:5

The Bible declares that Christians are justified through Jesus Christ, not good works:
"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ... for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." Galatians 2:16

Paul knew that if righteousness was earned through good works, then Christ died for nothing:
"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." Galatians 2:21

The Catechism even extends this tradition to suggest that penance can help the dead:
"The Church also commends almsgiving, indulgences, and works of penance undertaken on behalf of the dead:" Pg. 269, #1032

Like cement blocks on a concrete wall, they keep piling, tradition on top of tradition. And every one violates clear teachings of Scripture.

Three Questions

This Catholic doctrine raises at least three more questions you must answer for yourself:

* Is it a coincidence that this unbiblical doctrine keeps people in bondage to the Catholic church?
    * Why does Catholicism again demote Jesus Christ by insisting that His sacrifice was not sufficient, and that Catholics must add their own sacrifice to pay for sins?
    * Lastly, and most importantly, who will you side with on this issue?... the traditions of men, or the Word of God?

"Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." Romans 3:28

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 09:14:04 PM »

Are Catholics Christ?

"Let us rejoice then and give thanks that we have become not only Christians, but Christ himself. Marvel and rejoice: we have become Christ." Pg. 210, #795

Wow! Notice that Catholics are not merely Christians, they have become "Christ himself."

"My church cannot possibly teach this," Catholics often argue. But two additional catechism quotes further prove this is official Catholic doctrine.

"For the Son of man became man so that we might become God." Pg. 116, #460

"The only-begotten Son of God, wanting to make us sharers in his divinity, assumed our nature, so that he, made man, might make men gods." Pg. 116, #460

Even nominal Catholics know this is utter nonsense. So the million dollar question is, "What are these quotes doing in the book of official Roman Catholic doctrine?

According to Jesus Christ, all who claim to be Christ are deceivers:

"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." Matthew 24:5

Jesus warned about being taken in by these deceivers:

"Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ…" Luke 21:8

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not." Matthew 24:23

Yet the question remains. If the Catholic church does not believe this, then why are these quotes in the catechism?

Many Catholics have written me, asking "How could you write such a thing? We don't believe that." But I did not write the catechism. I only quoted it. And they never answer the question, "If your religion does not believe these doctrines, why are they in your book of official doctrine?"

Some Catholics accuse me of twisting the words. If you feel this way, please go back and read the quotes again. They are direct, easy-to-understand statements. It is impossible to twist them. So the question remains, "Why are the quotes there?"

At least false cults like Mormonism and occultic New Agers admit teaching this unbiblical doctrine. They completely reject Bible verses like:

"… I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me," Isaiah 46:9

Roman Catholicism also rejects such verses, for there is only one answer to the question at hand. These quotes appear in the catechism for one simple reason… because they are official Roman Catholic doctrine.

The ultimate insult

Throughout this book, you have seen how Catholic doctrines steal honor and glory due to Jesus Christ and give it to Mary, popes, wafers, saints, statues, etc. But this is the ultimate insult.

The Creator of the universe, the King of kings and Lord of lords, has been dethroned and declared no better than any Catholic on the street.

Where could such an ungodly doctrine come from? Remember how Satan boasted that he would exalt his throne "above the stars of God" (Isaiah 14:13)? This same Satan declared "I will be like the most High" (Isaiah 14:14). The devil has always longed to be like God. Is this doctrine a clue as to the real father of Roman Catholicism?

Was it not Satan who deceived Adam and Eve, promising they would be "as gods" if they ate of the forbidden fruit (Genesis 3:5)?

Is Satan still using this same lie to deceive Roman Catholics, promising you that, simply by being a Catholic, you can become God Himself?

You should be outraged that an official Catholic doctrine reflects the desires and goals of Satan, and rejects the teachings of God's Word.

Conclusion

Here is the next question you must answer: "Am I willing to remain in a church that openly teaches outright satanic heresy?"

"But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." 1 Corinthians 8:6

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »

Could 850 Million Catholics be Wrong?

The Catechism pronounces that, as the one true church, those who are baptized into the Catholic church are assured of heaven:
"The Church does not know of any other means other than Baptism that assures entry into eternal beatitude..." Pg. 320, #1257

In the United States, that means 25 percent of the population, or over 60 million people, are headed for heaven.

In many other countries, ninety percent or more of the population is Catholic, meaning nine out of every ten people will pass through the pearly gates. Worldwide, Catholicism claims nearly one billion members.

You may not believe that nearly a billion people could be wrong, but look what Jesus said:
"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Matthew 7:13-14

According to Jesus, the masses willingly accept false religious systems that lead to destruction, while few find true salvation that leads to heaven. Could 60 million Americans be considered "few?" Would anyone say that one billion people world-wide is a "few?"

When Jesus walked the earth, a small minority followed Him. Most rejected his teachings and remained in the well established, socially accepted religions. In other words, they rejected the truth so they could keep their religious traditions. Jesus spoke the following words to those who did this:
"...Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." Mark 7:9

While Jesus was preaching, one listener who began to comprehend this truth asked Jesus:
"Lord, are there few that be saved? And he (Jesus) said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." Luke 13:23-24

When Jesus taught his disciples to go out and preach the gospel, he said:
"The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;" Matthew 9:37

In other words, most people are lost and need a Savior, but few have the truth to go and tell them.

Conclusion

Throughout this book, every Catholic doctrine has violated God's Word. Yet millions of Catholics ignore God's instructions and continue following the traditions of men, claiming to be right because they are in a religious majority. Jesus warns:
"...whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man... And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man..." Matthew 7:24, 26

Does God consider you a wise or foolish person? If you believe you can ignore God's commands because you are in a religious majority, you need to read Matthew 7:24-26 again.

Jesus gives another warning to the majority who have disregarded God's Word and are counting on earning their salvation through good works:
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matthew 7:22-23

How is it that so many Catholics can call Jesus their Lord, yet totally disregard His instructions? Jesus asked that very same question in His Word:
"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" Luke 6:46

You can ignore this question now, but what will you say when Jesus asks you the same question in person when you die and stand before Him for judgment?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2007, 09:15:14 PM »

Reconciliation

A Catholic who is reconciled to God is simultaneously reconciled to the Catholic church, the Catechism asserts:
"Forgiveness of sins brings reconciliation with God, but also with the Church." Pg. 367, #1462

Again, the Bible and the Catechism are at odds. God's Word does teach the necessity of being reconciled to God, but not to a church:
"And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him..." Colossians 1:20

"And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;" 2 Corinthians 5:18

Paul, the Apostle, prayed that people would be reconciled to God, but never that they would be reconciled to the Catholic church:
"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5:20

This same Paul preached:
"And that he (Jesus) might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:" Ephesians 2:16

Theme of the Bible

The theme of the entire Bible is man being reconciled to God through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. It is foreshadowed in the Old Testament and illustrated in the New Testament.

The heart of the Christian faith is the beautiful story of sinful man being reconciled to a holy and just God through the blood of Jesus Christ:
"Therefore as by the offence of one (Adam) judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one (Jesus) the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." Romans 5:18

Being reconciled to God is Biblical, but being reconciled to the Catholic church is a tradition of men.

The Catechism threatens that if you are not reconciled to the Catholic church, you might not go to heaven. Where did they get the authority to create such a doctrine, since it is not found in the Bible?

Is this but another man-made doctrine designed to keep people in bondage to the Catholic church. While it sure appears to be, you must make the final decision for yourself.

Who will you be reconciled to?

Today, even though the Bible declares that our eternal destiny will be determined by whether or not we have been reconciled to God, millions of Catholics live in mortal fear of dying without being reconciled to the Catholic church, but have no fear of pass ing on without being reconciled to God.

If God really meant what He said in His Word, you, as a faithful Catholic, are making a mistake you will regret through all eternity.

Conclusion

Here are three additional questions for you to ponder:

1. If a person is already reconciled to the God of the universe, does it really matter if he or she has been reconciled to the Catholic church?

2. If your eternal destiny does rest upon being reconciled to a church, would God omit such vital information from His Word?

3. Why does Catholic doctrine once again directly contradict Biblical doctrine, and even the very words of Jesus Christ?

What about you? Are you more concerned about being reconciled to God, or to the Catholic church?
"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." Romans 5:10

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 09:15:48 PM »

Celibacy

"All the ordained ministers of the Latin Church, with the exception of permanent deacons, are normally chosen from among men of faith who live a celibate life and who intend to remain celibate 'for the sake of the kingdom of heaven' ... Celibacy is a sign of this new life to the service of which the Church's minister is consecrated; accepted with a joyous heart celibacy radiantly proclaims the Reign of God." Pg. 395, #1579

Is celibacy a sacrifice God requires of His servants, or is it another tradition of men? The Bible declares:
"Marriage is honourable in all..." Hebrews 13:4

Does this include religious leaders, like priests and nuns? When God's Word lists the qualifications of bishops, who are religious leaders, we are told that:
"A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife..." 1 Timothy 3:2

God has the same requirement for deacons:
"Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well." 1 Timothy 3:12

From the beginning, it has always been God's plan that men should have wives. Shortly after creating Adam, the first man:
"...the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." Genesis 2:18

Not only does God express His approval of marriage, He delivers this powerful warning:
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines o f devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth." 1 Timothy 4:1-3

Not only is celibacy not required by God, it is a doctrine of demons. The Bible announces that those who teach this doctrine are "giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy;"

Please understand, these are not my words, they are God's Words.

How tragic that priests and nuns around the world are foregoing the pleasure of sharing their lives with a spouse, believing that their sacrifice pleases God, when in reality they are falling prey to a powerful demonic scheme.

If only priests and nuns could learn that God makes no such requirement... and that they are being deceived by Satan. God has recorded all these truths in His Word. If only they could see and understand them.

A married pope?

Few Catholics realize that Peter, the "first pope," was a married man:
"But Simon's wife's mother lay sick of a fever..." Mark 1:30

This Simon is none other than the Apostle Peter. (See Matthew 4:18 and Matthew 10:2.)

Why this doctrine?

This Catholic doctrine, like all others we have discussed, directly opposes God's Word. One must wonder why Catholicism would teach that celibacy "radiantly proclaims the Reign of God," when the Lord has declared that this doctrine originated in hell.

Is it because the Catholic church does not want to pay the millions of dollars it would cost each year to support the families of priests and nuns?

Conclusion

Now that you know what the Bible teaches on this subject, you must decide whether you will believe the Word of God or the traditions of the Catholic church.

If you happen to be a priest or a nun, please ask yourself who your sacrifice is really pleasing:
"Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth." Proverbs 5:18

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2007, 09:16:22 PM »

Last Rites

The final doctrine we will review is also the last ritual many Catholics perform - viaticum, also known as the Last Rites:
"As the sacrament of Christ's Passover the Eucharist should always be the last sacrament of the earthly journey, the 'viaticum' for 'passing over' to eternal life." Pg. 379, #1517

This ritual includes anointing the dying person:
"If the sacrament of anointing of the sick is given to all who suffer from serious illness and infirmity, even more rightly is it given to those at the point of departing this life... The Anointing of the Sick completes our conformity to the death and Resurrection of Christ, just as Baptism began it." Pg. 381, #1523

The belief that this anointing "completes our conformity to the death and Resurrection of Christ" is another tradition of men the Scriptures say nothing about.

More bondage

Since this ritual can only be performed by a priest or other Catholic leader, it keeps members in bondage to the Catholic religion right up until the moment of their death:
"Only priests (bishops and presbyters) are ministers of the Anointing of the Sick." Pg. 379, #1516

The Catechism also teaches that the Last Rites are the "seed of eternal life":
"In addition to the Anointing of the Sick, the Church offers those who are about to leave this life the Eucharist as viaticum. Communion in the body and blood of Christ, received at this moment of 'passing over' to the Father, has particular significance and importance. It is the seed of eternal life and the power of resurrection..." Pg. 381, #1524

But the Bible disagrees, declaring that this ritual is neither the "seed of eternal life" nor the "power of resurrection." These are man-made doctrines that God neither initiated nor endorsed.

This act is nothing more than one final earthly good work, which the Bible proclaims to be useless:
"...that I may win Christ. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:" Philippians 3:8-9

Here are a few more man-made rules associated with this ritual:
"If a sick person who received this anointing recovers his health, he can in the case of another grave illness receive this sacrament again. If during the same illness the person's condition becomes more serious, the sacrament may be repeated. It is fitting to receive the Anointing just prior to a serious operation. The same holds true for the elderly whose frailty becomes more pronounced." Pg. 379, 1515

Rules on top of more rules. Please remember, God never ordained any of them. Men created them all.

Conclusion

As you make your own decision on this doctrine, here are a few points to consider:

* This ritual is never taught in the Bible.
    * Not one Bible character ever received the Last Rites, including Paul, who said:

"For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:" 2 Timothy 4:6-7

* Not one Bible character ever administered the Last Rites.

This doctrine overflows with commandments of men. Will you place your faith and trust in these man-made rules and regulations, or in Jesus Christ?

Remember, Jesus warned:
"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Matthew 15:9

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2007, 09:16:57 PM »

Confusion

After studying the 1994 Catechism, one cannot help but notice several major differences between Catholic doctrine and the Bible.

First and foremost is that both consistently teach conflicting doctrines. The Catechism's claim that the Bible and Catholic tradition work together to bring about the salvation of souls is simply not true.

Secondly, the Catechism contains an endless list of complicated and often confusing rules which all Catholics must follow to please their church.

The Bible, on the other hand, is simple, straight-forward, consistent and easy to understand. Here is an example.

Who will go to heaven?

The Bible could not be any more explicit on the subject of eternal destiny, which is to be expected from God on such an important topic:
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." John 3:36

Here's another example. Jesus Himself preached:
"He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." John 5:24

That is very easy to understand. Now let's see what the Catechism says on the same subject. Here is an exact quote:
"By virtue of our apostolic authority, we define the following: According to the general disposition of God, the souls of all the saints... and other faithful who died after receiving Christ's holy Baptism (provided they were not in need of purification when they died,... or, if they then did need or will need some purification, when they have been purified after death,...) already before they take up their bodies again and before the general judgment - and this since the Ascension of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ into heaven - have been, are and will be in heaven, in the heavenly Kingdom and celestial paradise with Christ, joined to the company of the holy angels. Since the Passion and death of our Lord Jesus Christ, these souls have seen and do see the divine essence with an intuitive vision, and even face to face, without mediation of any creature." Pg. 267, #1023

Who could possibly understand that?

Why is such a simple Bible concept made so confusing? Surely God wants everyone to understand how to get to heaven. Would a truly loving God make the rules for reaching heaven so complex that nobody could understand them?

Consider also the following verse of Scripture:
"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." 1 Corinthians 14:33

If God is not the author of this confusing list of Catholic rules, then who is?

Don' t be deceived

The Bible even warns us about being deceived by those who complicate the simple things of Christ:
"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ." 2 Corinthians 11:3

Could God be attempting to warn you about the Catholic church? God made His Word simple because He is:
"...not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

God wants you in heaven. That' s why He keeps His Word simple.

Conclusion

God does not want you to be confused. If the Catechism and Catholic doctrine have ever left you feeling confused, perhaps you should begin putting your trust in God's Word:
"In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion." Psalm 71:1

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2007, 09:17:33 PM »

An Invitation

This book was not written to attack or criticize Catholic people. Having been born and raised as a Roman Catholic, I understand how average Catholics think and feel about their religion.

Two factors motivated the writing of this book. First, to expose the fact that Roman Catholicism is not Biblical. It is a religion comprised of traditions of men which violate scripture at every turn.

Secondly, I would love for you to experience the freedom and peace I found when I broke free from the bondages of the Catholic church by placing my hope for salvation in Jesus Christ alone.

Tens of thousands of other former Catholics have experienced this same freedom and peace.

As I mentioned, I was born and raised a Roman Catholic. At birth, I was baptized. I also received my First Communion and Confirmation. During grade school, I attended weekly religious instruction classes and attended Mass each Sunday. I confessed my sins to a priest and regularly received Communion.

At age 18, I enlisted in the United States Navy, leaving home and the Catholic church behind. While in the military, a friend invited me to a non-Catholic church. Though somewhat resistant, I agreed to try it once.

That first service was one I will never forget. When the pastor preached, he seemed to be talking straight at me. He concluded his sermon by inviting those who wanted to repent of their sins and be saved to come up front.

My heart began pounding like a jackhammer. I knew something powerful was going on but I felt frozen in my seat.

The pastor ended the service that morning with these words, "I believe that someone said no to Jesus today. I pray you won' t die before you have another opportunity to receive Him or you will spend eternity separated from God." I knew he was talking to me.

Within seconds, the pounding stopped. I knew that God had spoken to - and I had said no:
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

A couple of days later that same friend invited me to the next church service. I could hardly wait. Again, the pastor preached and again the pounding in my chest began as his sermon came to a close. When the pastor gave the invitation, I bolted out of my seat.

A young man at the front opened his Bible and showed me how I could receive the gift of eternal life. He read me verses, showing that we are all sinners in need of a Savior. He explained how Jesus had paid the full price for our sins on the cross.

He told me that I could repent of my sins and by faith ask Jesus to come into my heart and be my own personal Lord and Savior.

In my own words, I admitted to God that I was a sinner who deserved hell, but that I wanted to go to heaven. Then I invited Jesus Christ to come into my heart and save me.

I can't explain the feeling, but it was like a thousand pound weight was hoisted off my shoulders. Instantly, I knew that I had been set free. I knew that Jesus had come into my heart and had made me a brand new person. A lifetime of good works could never have accomplished the miracle that took place in those few moments.

It has been over twenty years since that day, and though I have failed the Lord many times, He has never failed me or left me. He is more real and more precious to me today than ever. I would not trade places with anyone or give up my relationship with Jesus for anything this world has to offer.

Precious Roman Catholic, that same freedom and joy is available to you. You can receive Jesus as your Savior right now. You have heard the truth and now you can be made free:
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32

The wonderful goodness of God is leading you to repentance and salvation:
"Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and long-suffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?" Romans 2:4

God wants you to be saved today:
"...behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:2

If you would like to become a child of God, just bow your head and talk to God from your heart. In your own words, pray something like this:
"Dear Jesus, I admit that I'm a sinner. I repent of all my sins and I ask you to come into my heart and save me.

I repent of trusting in a false religion that demands good works for salvation. I now see that You paid the full price for all my sins on the cross. I reject the teachings of Catholicism and I place my trust in you alone.

From now on the final authority in my life will be Your Word, not the traditions of the Catholic church.

Thank you, Lord, for saving me and for giving me the gift of eternal life. In Jesus' name, Amen."

If you just prayed a prayer like that and really meant it, God's Word promises that you were just born into God's family:
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" John 1:12

My friend, this entire book was written so you could hear and be convinced by God of the truth of this message. Please receive the gift of eternal life. Only then will you be able to experience the joy and peace of knowing that your sins are forgiven.

My prayer is twofold:

* First, that you will begin a personal relationship with God and experience true freedom that is only available in Christ.
    * Secondly, that you will be set free from the bondage of the Catholic church.

This book was not written to criticize you, but to lead you to these wonderful truths. May God bless you as you begin your new life in Him:
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2007, 09:18:33 PM »

God's Plea

Hopefully, you have just asked Jesus to come into your heart and have been born again scripturally. If so, according to the Bible, one of your first acts should be to come out of the Catholic church:
"...Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Revelation 18:4

Many Roman Catholics claim to be born again Christians, yet contend that God wants them to remain in the Catholic church. However, Scripture declares that God does not want His children worshipping Him in a false, idolatrous religion. On the contrary, He says come out and stay out:
"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." Galatians 5:1

Many other verses teach us the same lesson:
"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

Should you worship with those who deny God's Word?
"And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed." 2 Thessalonians 3:14

Many Catholics give various excuses for remaining in the Catholic church, but good intentions do not impress God when they cause you to disobey His Word. More than anything, God wants obedience:
"Thou shalt therefore obey the voice of the LORD thy God, and do his commandments and his statutes..." Deuteronomy 27:10

"Whether it be good, or whether it be evil, we will obey the voice of the LORD our God..." Jeremiah 42:6

Obedience or sacrifice?

Sometimes Catholics remain in the church, insisting that they are sacrificing their personal desires for the good of others. But God would rather have obedience than sacrifice:
"...Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice..." 1 Samuel 15:22

Why won't people come out?

Despite God's clear instructions in His Word, some people still refuse to leave the Catholic church. There are two possible reasons why:

1. They are saved but honestly don't know that God wants them to leave the church.

2. They think they are saved but aren't, because in their heart their hope for salvation is still in the Catholic church, and they are afraid to leave.

Only you can tell which category you fit in because no one else knows your heart.

Was he really converted?

I remember talking with a Catholic young man who willingly admitted his lost condition and his need to trust Christ as Savior. He prayed and asked Jesus to come into his heart. He had no problem with that.

Then I told him he needed to leave the Catholic church. He recoiled and blurted out, "Oh, I could never leave the Catholic church!"

"Why not?" I asked.

He explained that he had been born and raised in the Catholic church and that the church was necessary for salvation. Whether this young man understood it or not, his hope for eternal life was in the Catholic church, not in Jesus Christ.

Like him, many Catholics today claim to be born again, yet refuse to obey God. Certainly, no one can judge another man's salvation, but the Bible does reveal that those who trust in traditions of men will be bitterly disappointed on Judgment Day:
"Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD." Jeremiah 17:5

If you are a Catholic who refuses to come out of Catholicism, you are, at best, a Christian living in disobedience to God, and, at worst, an unsaved person deceived into thinking you are a Christian:
"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them." Ephesians 5:11

If you really want to please God, you must obey Him and leave this system that denies His truths.

No fear

Another reason people don't leave the Catholic church is fear. The church has instilled in them the belief that salvation is available only through the Catholic church! I remember being taught as a child that it was a mortal sin to attend any other religious service while it was in progress.

However, God's Word assures those who have been born again that they need not fear:
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

You need not fear leaving the Roman Catholic church. Jesus Christ will take good care of you.

No more idols

To help you be set free from the power of this false church, it is important that you remove from your home anything associated with it, like statues, rosary beads, Catechisms, prayer books, etc. These are all idolatrous items, and God hates idolatry:
"Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry." 1 Corinthians 10:14

The Apostle Paul plainly states that those who practice idolatry will not go to heaven. (See Galatians 5:19-21.)

The best way to dispose of these idolatrous items is to burn them (see Acts 19:19).

"I'll reach them from within"

Another excuse people use to avoid leaving the Catholic church is that they want to win those still in the church from within.

But the truth is, the best way to win others is to obey God so you can have His power in your life. It doesn' t make sense to disobey God to do His work better. If God instructs you to come out of the Catholic church, then you should obey Him.

A converted priest

Several years ago, a Catholic priest who learned that his church was in error asked Jesus to come into his heart and save him.

In obedience to God, he left the Catholic church. But every Sunday morning he drove back to his old church and sat in his car in the parking lot. After Mass, as former parishioners walked by and recognized him, they'd say something like, " Hey, Father, we heard you left the church. What happened to you?"

He'd reply, "Yes, I did leave because something exciting happened. Hop in the car and I'll tell you all about it." Using that method, he led over half his former congregation to true salvation in Jesus Christ.

Conclusion

So, my friend, the choice is yours. If you are now a true Christian, you know what God wants you to do. The question is, "Will you obey Him?"
"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you," 2 Corinthians 6:17

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2007, 09:19:11 PM »

Liberty or Bondage?

One theme has run throughout each chapter of this book. It is the major difference between Catholicism and true Christianity:

* Catholicism brings people into bondage.
    * Jesus Christ sets people free.

You may have noticed that every doctrine of Catholicism brings members into bondage to the Catholic church. You need the church to be saved. You need the church to receive forgiveness for your sins. You need the church for everything!

By design, you are in bondage to the Catholic church from shortly after birth at baptism until the moment of your death when you receive the Last Rites.

But the Bible declares that Jesus died to set you free from that bondage:
"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God." Romans 8:21

Paul preached:
"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

Christ sets people free. Religion brings them into bondage:
"...because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:" Galatians 2:4

Don't be deceived! Religion promises liberty, but always delivers bondage:
"While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage." 2 Peter 2:19

God's Word urges true Christians to stand fast in the liberty that only Christ can provide:
"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." Galatians 5:1

The Apostle Paul knew about this liberty, and warned fellow Christians not to misuse it:
"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another." Galatians 5:13

God doesn't want you toiling in bondage to a religion. He wants you to enjoy real liberty:
"Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." 2 Corinthians 3:17

"And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts." Psalm 119:45

Set free

As a former Roman Catholic, I know what this bondage is all about. Throughout my youth, I was taught Catholic rules and regulations, and I lived in fear of what would happen if I didn' t obey them.

One of the greatest joys I experienced when I asked Jesus into my heart was the liberty I found in Christ. The chains of bondage were broken off. Its power over me was lifted and I was set free.

Which will it be for you?

You can be delivered from the bondage of the Catholic church, and experience this same liberty. Jesus already did the work to set you free:
"And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage." Hebrews 2:15

Paul discusses the same subject again:
"Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son... To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons... " Galatians 4:3-5

Love or hate?

Paul follows these remarks with this statement:
"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" Galatians 4:16

In closing, I ask you the same question. Am I your enemy because I have told you the truth? Some will certainly suggest that I am against Catholics. I am not!

On the contrary, I have presented here the one and only message that can spare Catholics (and all people) from an eternity in the lake of fire. That's not hate, that's love.

I want all Catholics to receive the gift of eternal life. I want you to be set free from a religion that enslaves you. That's not hate, that's love.

I want you to experience the joy and peace that only Jesus Christ can give. That's not being an enemy... that's being a friend.

Your real enemy

You do have an enemy, though. His name is Satan. He hates you and wants you to burn in hell forever:
"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" 1 Peter 5:8

The devil knows that to devour you he must keep you from obeying God's Word.

Here's his plan:

First, he creates a religion, complete with all the religious trappings to make it appear authentic.

Next, he formulates unbiblical doctrines that members must perform. People become so busy obeying these rules they never find Christ.

Another earmark of Satan's religions is the denigrating of Jesus Christ. The devil hates Jesus and knows that He is the only way to heaven (John 14:6). Therefore, Satan will do everything He can to keep people's eyes off Christ.

Unfortunately, this plan has been working for centuries. Don't underestimate Satan. He is a master deceiver. (See Revelation 12:9.)

Please don't let the devil deceive you any longer. He is your real enemy and he is using a religion to keep you away from Jesus Christ. Please don't let him keep you away any longer.

Turn to Jesus today. He is waiting to set you free. God bless you as you experience true salvation in Jesus Christ:
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the