Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:36:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Are we really fulfilling the law of Christ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are we really fulfilling the law of Christ?  (Read 2327 times)
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2003, 10:02:26 AM »

"Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." (Galatians 6:2)

One type of "burden" is the type that we should take to the Lord in prayer. There are some "burdens" that are just too heavy for one person and we are exhorted to help that person.

The "Law of Christ" is, of course, the Law of Love. (2 John 5)

Are most of our churches and individuals FULFILLING the Lord's law?

Perhaps I am in need of some teaching in this area?

aw
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 11:36:12 AM »

aw,

How true...

And if one can assemble and seek Gods face with the people of God,  in prayer the burdens can be shared.

How else can we know what burdens the brethern, unless they confess them?

Blessings,

Petro

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 12:52:38 PM »

Agreed Petro,

I think sometimes people are afraid to admith they have a burden for fear of being chastized for "lack of faith" or some other reason.

I think the context of the passage is the "LEGAL" burdens imposed by the Judaizers as in Mt 23:4, as well as those that are just too heavy for a single person to bear. Since the Lord said His burdens were light, then in the spirit of agape love, we should help each other out.

aw
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 02:22:39 PM »

"Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." (Galatians 6:2)

One type of "burden" is the type that we should take to the Lord in prayer. There are some "burdens" that are just too heavy for one person and we are exhorted to help that person.

aw
Burden is probably in the context of weight or something heavy pulling down. Christians should help one another with what ever heaviness they might be burdened and perhaps is pulling them away from Christ. The love that is shown is that we care enough to snatch them away from the burdens that might send them into hellfire. God cared enough for the whole world with this love by sending us Jesus Christ to relieve us of the burden of sin.

Take care,
Ollie

Support your local Christian.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 04:54:38 PM »

1 Cor 12, gives us and answer for why we should care one for another;

25  That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

A schism is something which causes,  a division, rent or split in the Body.

Usually brought about by those who are carnal, or live in sin, they are unable to see what is of God, and what is not.

And so, this causes divisions and strife.

Paul said;

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 1 Cor 2:15-16, 3:1-3)

And this because of two reasons,

1. One is a babe in Christ, or;
2. Living carnally.............

Blessings,

Petro

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 01:16:59 AM »

Yeah, and I note that the previous verses are related to those that are "spiritual" restoring the ones messing up.

Is not "spiritual" just another way of saying "waking in the Spirit,' "led of the Spirit," and "yielded to the Spirit," as opposed to "LAW_KEEPING" which arouses the flesh?

aw
Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 07:51:54 AM »

aw

This exact thing has been a burden on my heart, as of late. I have charasmatic friends that need financial help, but struggle with the WOF message, thinking that there is something wrong with their faith if they have needs. They are actually too proud to ask or let their needs be known, and I think that there really is no activity encouraged in the Church to find the needs within the Church and then pool together the funds to meet them. Think how satisfying it would be to help the needs of a dear brother or sister in your own Church if everyone would get together and chip in towards a need. It would be a blessing, and if everyone would give as they were able, then all could participate and be blessed. No one seems to lead in that direction, though, and most of the time I hear "give more to me and God will give back" instead of finding and helping within one's own Church as a practical Christianity.
Sometimes I see Churches gather large sums of money to pay a guest speaker or missionary while members of their own congregations suffer, not being able to pay their electic bills or rent. No one encourages these needs or burdens to be brought forward and born by the rest of the body in love. Are we fulfilling the law of Christ when this is done, as AW stated? What a blessing and witness we would be if the body would recognize and encourage, strengthening its own body by meeting the needs of its own particular congregation and checking up on and knowing the health of itself. The entire chapter of 1 Corinthians speaks to the body and of ministering to that member of the body that lacks, as all the body suffers if one part suffers.

1 Cor.12:24  For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: 25  That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 26  And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

I JOHN 3:16-19 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can. the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with ACTIONS and TRUTH. This then is how we KNOW that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us.

LUKE 6:31 If you love those who love you, what thanks can you expect? For even sinners do that Much. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what thanks can you expect? Even sinners lend to sinners to get back the same amount. INSTEAD ... love your enemies & do good, & lend without any hope of return.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 08:20:27 AM by Raphu » Logged

Hosea 11:10  They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2003, 10:18:32 AM »

What a blessing brother!!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I am on my way out right now but I will get back ASAP regarding this.

Grace multiplies,

aw
aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2003, 02:12:06 PM »

It seems as if we shared the same thoughts about  fulfilling the Law of Christ. I have this burden as well. In fact, I have thought of calling it "Burden Bearers."

A fellow brother and I are going to meet to pray and discuss how we can establish something in our local church that will function to be a place where someone can come for relief from their burden. Obviously, we will have to rely upon God to establish this and bring it to fruition.

Your prayers, and I really mean that, and any suggestions you have would be deeply appreciated.

Yours and His,

aw

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2003, 06:46:25 PM »

Yeah, and I note that the previous verses are related to those that are "spiritual" restoring the ones messing up.

Is not "spiritual" just another way of saying "waking in the Spirit,' "led of the Spirit," and "yielded to the Spirit," as opposed to "LAW_KEEPING" which arouses the flesh?

aw

aw

That is exactly it,  "KEEPING SOME LAW" is to walk by sight as opposed to FAITH, and the Just shall live by FAITH, from FAITH unto FAITH.

There is a tremendous difference between being led, and walking alone.

Thanks for this truth..

Blessings,

Petro

aw

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2003, 07:08:34 PM »

Thanks to you brother Petro,
I believe the Lord is bringing "HIS" body into a closer and loving relationship with each other and Himself.

I also believe a big part of this will occur on the tails of corporate worship and praise (if we could ever get the baptists to raise their hands).

Thank God we come into the unity of "FAITH" and NOT "doctrine.

His and yours,

aw
Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2003, 07:27:41 PM »

That sounds like a great idea AW, and all the elders of the Church might see if there might be a way for the body to be more aware of needs within the body.
I was always a little let down when I would witness loads of money gathered for a passing evangelist or a singer and know people were walking away without rent or electric bills due. I know that there may be some to take advantage, and the Bible does say that if a person doen't work, they don't eat, but that doen't cover the ones that work hard, but are just weaker in the ability to cover themselves at certain times along the journey. That's where a helping hand could be an event that people remember for a lifetime, and produce thanksgiving and praise towards God. Even those that misuse may remember a time when they received charity and then have that be a turning point in life, their own day of visitation.

Proverbs 31:8-9 Speak up for those who cannot speak up for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitue. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

1 Peter 2:12  Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Hosea 11:10  They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2003, 08:22:09 PM »

That sounds like a great idea AW, and all the elders of the Church might see if there might be a way for the body to be more aware of needs within the body.
I was always a little let down when I would witness loads of money gathered for a passing evangelist or a singer and know people were walking away without rent or electric bills due. I know that there may be some to take advantage, and the Bible does say that if a person doen't work, they don't eat, but that doen't cover the ones that work hard, but are just weaker in the ability to cover themselves at certain times along the journey. That's where a helping hand could be an event that people remember for a lifetime, and produce thanksgiving and praise towards God. Even those that misuse may remember a time when they received charity and then have that be a turning point in life, their own day of visitation.

Proverbs 31:8-9 Speak up for those who cannot speak up for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitue. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

1 Peter 2:12  Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Bro. Raphu

I also have many hispanic charasmatic friends, some who are believers, live on the borderline of FAITH, and they always, and I do mean constantly,  have some kind of financial need.

And as a Christian, I understand why they have the need, they simply are not good stewards, with the money the Lord entrusts to them.

They drive cars, that they can't afford, their wives, wear and display jewelry, they have stereos and the large TV's, as for giving to the Lords work, they can't because they are financially strapped, but they do dine out and seem to enjoy all the pay per view sports that can be purchased on the staellite TV service.

I ask my self, aren't they embarassed to constrantly bringing up their needs when there are others less fortunate than themselves, who are in real need.

I shared this once before, one fellow who had a large home landscape service, who lost it do to a water shortage a few years back, had just purchased a new home and a new Chevy Corvette, when most of his clients dropped his service as a result of ordinances preventing homeowners from  watering their yards (this was 15 yrs ago more or less) he lost everything.

I remember him, crying at prayer meetings, we would have at the christian owned company I worked at, which hired him to help him out financially, even though he had no particular skills, the owner a Christian who had a heart to help, those who were of the household of faith, would hire as many as he could afford to keep on the payroll, as short term employees.

Well, it so happened that after several mnonths of working the company landed a government contract, and retained this brother (Iam referring tio above), on a prevailing rate wage (approx $25 for laborers).

One day as I was speaking to this brother, he seemed very cheerfull and exited as he had, had a prophetess in his church tell him, he was going to win the lottery, he said he could hardly wait.

Next thing I found out he was buying 150-200 dollars worth of lottery tickets per week since, as he put it;  " I can't win unless I play.

Its heart breaking to see this kind of faith charasmatics exhibit, when they ask for prayer for financial needs, what they don't need is money, what they need is prayer,

1. In order to see the evil of living in the flesh, (and living as thou their is no accountability, is living in the flesh) since those that live unto themselves, cannot please God.

and,

2.  That God is not interested in their money, he is interested in their wellbeing, both physically and spiritually.

If God keeps his servants poor (and I am speaking of them that labor for Him) he does it for a reason, and instead of complaining (not that you are) they ought to rejoice counting themselves worthy of serving the living God.

It is enough that He promises to care for them, living by Faith, should be easier than by sight, with money in ones pocket, or in the bank.  But it isn't in this day and age, because there atre to many things to buy.

Many in the charasmatic movement equate  money with spiritual blessings, when in fact their is no biblical association of these two.

I see money as a stumbling object for true fellowship with the Lord.

By your own testimony God has met all your needs during the 15 years you have served Him, Praise Him!

Money blinds a person to see himself being able to provide for himself, when we should see all that we have and need to live, is God himself,

In my own life unless I restrain myself, I have a tendency to trust in money instead of him (I think this is the way with all men), instead of trusting Him, we trust the money we earn(which is a fantasy, if one stops to think about it, it is only backerd by the Fed Gov, and it (the Gov. is as good as bankrupt), when we should be trusting His Word.

Man does not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God. (Mat 4:4, Lk 4:4)

It is important to keep His Word in the right perspective to walk closely with the Lord, the verse which reminds me is;

James 4
4:1  From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
2  Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
3  Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
4  Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
5  Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6  But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

This is what walking in the spirit means to me.

And I share it with who ever considers themselves to be spiritual, because I know these Words are true.

God Bless,

Petro
« Last Edit: November 23, 2003, 08:31:38 PM by Petro » Logged

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2003, 08:44:39 PM »

Now, I don't say this to offend anyone, but the truth of the matter is, that the charasmatic movement within the body of Christ is a schism, and all because men want to have power over other men, using the Word of God to subject them into authority under them, who teach the movement.

There was no such movement called by this name in the early church except perhaps at Corinth, and the Galatians, and in the book of Corthinians where one reads of it, the Apostle clearly condemned the practices of what was occuring at Corinth.

So what is it, that those who are stronger, should do for the weaker vessels??

Pray from them, and instruct them in the faith, so long as they are willing to be instructed and prayed for.

My experience has always been that chrasmatics, become offended  when one talks to them about this movement, which I believe dishonors God, and leads people further from the truth, even to believe that the blood of Jesus, does not cover ALL sin, evidenced by what is taught;

That one can lose his free gift of salvation given by God.

Blessings,

Petro

Raphu

Sojourner

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2003, 03:43:14 AM »

We are in agreement, Petro. These days certainly reflect the words of prophecy and the harlot woman decked out in wealthy apparel, riding the scarlet beast in Revelations - she, being the phoney and mostly visible church. She rides in wealth with all the trappings of the enemy, representing those that would feed from the flock and lead others into the great deceptions of the last days when the flesh and covetousness would be the object of the enemies appeal through false prophets - having a form of godliness, but denying the power of it.

2 Peter 2:3 ¶  And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

18  For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

Perilous days, indeed. They shall be as Timothy said:

2 Timothy 3:7  Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 03:52:34 AM by Raphu » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the