Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:37:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Why Do People Go To Hell?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Do People Go To Hell?  (Read 11535 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2003, 09:58:59 AM »

I used to be sad that not everybody will be saved. But I've just been posting on forums with unbelievers and now I understand why it's right and just that most will go to hell. These people don't WANT to go to heaven. They make it very clear that they WANT to keep sinning, don't love God and want no part of heaven. Therefore, judgment day is fair and just. Being on those forums is indeed like a sheep in a den of wolves!
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2003, 12:53:29 AM »

Yep; their wills are involved, and there's a lot of deception in the mix, too. But even a lot of that is willing deception.

The postmodern movement says it's okay for people to bend or break the truth to conform the truth to their desired "realities"-ones of their own creating. Of course they won't articulate it that way, but that's what's happening. And it seems like everyone should know intuitively that we can't create our own realities. It's impossible. We're just not that powerful-only God is. But this notion is enticing for a lot of people. They believe it because it puts them in the driver's seat. But in reality, we can't do this. So it's deception, and it's also a willing deception.

The thing to ask a postmodernist is if there's any such thing as absolute truth. They say no. So we ask them if that is the absolute truth. They cannot say either yes or no without completely their worldview completely crumbling to pieces. Postmodernism is a logical impossibility.

The thing we need to work at is to undo the deceptions by the word of God, logic, and by making the truth sweet to them through Christ's love. Making them know how loved they are by loving them through Christ. It helps them overcome the emotional obstacles to finding truth. and makes the truth far less threatening.

Jesussavedusall

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2003, 03:24:48 AM »

Postmodernism does not make sense. it is simply one of the stupidest concepts I have ever heard of. I can't say anything except that it is stupid, because to explain it would only stress that it makes no sense whatsoever, like I already did.

As for the relatives thing, yeah, if God doesn't love them enough to let them into heaven, then why should we care? Brothers, Sisters, parents, they were created by God anyway, and just because they are our relatives doesn't mean anything.

They are a tool of the Devil, and we will enjoy our time in heaven and they can suffer where they belong.

I agree with you that they are doing that on purpose. I mean how could you possibly not believe in God, when it hits you in the face every day? Your parents tell you, you go to church and everyone tells you, forums, friends, I mean this country is practically a Christian country they probably don't even believe what they are saying. They just want to deny it because they are arrogant and do not want to know God.

Also, it's sad how most people who say they are Christian don't act like it. They say they accept Christ, then they do things like premarital sex. I think that is just wrong.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 04:12:51 AM by Jesussavedusall » Logged
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2003, 10:30:30 PM »

reply to no.8 (infants)
Before the age of accountability God would judge them differently. The Bible says that to whom much is given, much is required. The Bible also tells us that we are bring up our children in the faith, (Mt18:6)

Our God is a loving God. Do you think God would send a innocent babe to hell? I myself do not think so.
God bless,
bluelake
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2003, 04:10:25 AM »

reply to no.8 (infants)

Our God is a loving God. Do you think God would send a innocent babe to hell? I myself do not think so.
God bless,
bluelake

I agree

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2003, 01:37:12 AM »

To quote a favorite preacher of mine, (Adrian Rogers)
"a young man asked a preacher, "where is hell? the preacher told him, "It's at the end of a Christless life."

Aren't you elated, God has chosen us from the foundation of the world. Praise God. Cheesy  (Eph.1:4 "for he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blamless in his sight."  Doesn't that touch your spirit. What an awesome God!

God bless you all,
bluelake.
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2003, 09:30:45 AM »

To quote a favorite preacher of mine, (Adrian Rogers)
"a young man asked a preacher, "where is hell? the preacher told him, "It's at the end of a Christless life."

Aren't you elated, God has chosen us from the foundation of the world. Praise God. Cheesy  (Eph.1:4 "for he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blamless in his sight."  Doesn't that touch your spirit. What an awesome God!

God bless you all,
bluelake.

AMEN bluelake AMEN

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2003, 06:33:31 PM »

GRRRRRRREAT Quote:

Thanks BlueLake, Amen

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2003, 11:36:52 PM »

People CHOOSE to go to hell because they HATE the TRUTH. They Hate the possibility that the Bible is the Truth. They reject the truth, can't stand to hear the truth and welcome lies. They hate the fact that theres a creator that they must give account to. They hate Jesus and His way of redemption. Those who are religous, seek their own method of Salvation, because they hate God's method of Grace through Faith alone in Christ.

The bottom line is they hate the truth!

You can say you don't believe in gravity, but you still fall down, its there whether or not you believe it.

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2003, 01:01:54 AM »

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.  (Rom 1:18-19)

So it is only right, that God would send those who reject the truth, and as Paul2 has stated, embrace the lie as though it were the truth.

What else is there to believe in, or place ones faith in, if one has rejected the truth concerning God.

Petro
« Last Edit: December 06, 2003, 01:07:28 AM by Petro » Logged

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2003, 06:04:38 AM »

People CHOOSE to go to hell because they HATE the TRUTH. They Hate the possibility that the Bible is the Truth. They reject the truth, can't stand to hear the truth and welcome lies. They hate the fact that theres a creator that they must give account to. They hate Jesus and His way of redemption. Those who are religous, seek their own method of Salvation, because they hate God's method of Grace through Faith alone in Christ.

The bottom line is they hate the truth!

You can say you don't believe in gravity, but you still fall down, its there whether or not you believe it.

Right On!! Amen Paul2

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
EndTimeAction

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2003, 11:44:02 AM »

"People go to hell because of unbelief". Amen

There are many people today that dont even believe in a literal hell. People are quick to accept Jesus teachings on heaven, but just as quick to dismiss his teachings on hell. The truth is, I dont want to belive in a lake of burning fire where people will burn in torment forever. You would have to be a sick person to "want" to belive in hell. But if the Bible is the literal word of God, and IT IS, then we must accept it. If hell is not judgment then what did Christ die for? What did he save us from? Christ did not die in vain. God is Love, and God is the righteous judge of all his creation.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20)
EndTimeAction

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2003, 12:05:37 PM »

"You stand over the mouth of hell on a single plank, and that plank is rotten. You hang over the jaws of perdition by a solitary rope, and the strands of that rope are snapping one by one. Frailer than the spider's web is your life, and yet that is the only thing which divides you from a world of despair. The slightest insect commissioned by God's providence may end your unhappy life."   (Charles H. Spurgeon) Cry

see also
http://www.worthynews.com/Sermons/spurturnorburn.htm

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2003, 04:10:19 PM »

There are many people today that dont even believe in a literal hell. People are quick to accept Jesus teachings on heaven, but just as quick to dismiss his teachings on hell. The truth is, I dont want to belive in a lake of burning fire where people will burn in torment forever. You would have to be a sick person to "want" to belive in hell. But if the Bible is the literal word of God, and IT IS, then we must accept it. If hell is not judgment then what did Christ die for? What did he save us from? Christ did not die in vain. God is Love, and God is the righteous judge of all his creation.

Amen ETA

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2003, 04:27:27 AM »

Right On!!! ETA

AMEN!!!

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the