Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:40:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  False Christs, Prophets and Teachers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: False Christs, Prophets and Teachers  (Read 12480 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2007, 10:04:34 AM »

I was thinking about this just this morning before I jumped on here.  I'm not sure that I believe folks are really atheists.  God put a knowledge of Him and the desire to "worship" in each and every one of us.  I think that to proclaim they are atheists, in their minds, gives them the licence to live without Him and do what ever it is that they want, that is outside of God's will.  Does this make sense?

Good Morning Grammyluv,

Sister, I've wondered about this many times. I think that Pastor Roger gave you a good answer. If someone acknowledges GOD, they would also have to acknowledge that HE must be in charge. That would mean that they are no longer free to believe whatever they want to or do whatever they want to. It would also mean there are obligations outside of their own will, and that wouldn't be convenient or pleasant for many people. This would boil down to what Pastor Roger said, "man's rebellious nature". This is one reason why anarchists are many times strong atheists. Someone is always their boss if they want to work or eat, so their own arguments are pretty silly. Some actually think that they are intellectually superior because they don't believe in GOD. This is really sad and not logical at all, but they are so full of themselves that they are blinded.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:12-14 NASB
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned -- for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2007, 10:10:50 AM »

Good Morning Grammyluv,

Sister, I've wondered about this many times. I think that Pastor Roger gave you a good answer. If someone acknowledges GOD, they would also have to acknowledge that HE must be in charge. That would mean that they are no longer free to believe whatever they want to or do whatever they want to. It would also mean there are obligations outside of their own will, and that wouldn't be convenient or pleasant for many people. This would boil down to what Pastor Roger said, "man's rebellious nature". This is one reason why anarchists are many times strong atheists. Someone is always their boss if they want to work or eat, so their own arguments are pretty silly. Some actually think that they are intellectually superior because they don't believe in GOD. This is really sad and not logical at all, but they are so full of themselves that they are blinded.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:12-14 NASB
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned -- for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

Exactly.  And isn't it amazing that many of the atheists are people in high positions, like college professors and such!  Overly educated fools is what I call them.

By the way, good to see you here this morning.  Missed you yesterday!  I see you were up late last night so I'm a bit surprised to see you here already this morning!

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2007, 10:24:14 AM »

Exactly.  And isn't it amazing that many of the atheists are people in high positions, like college professors and such!  Overly educated fools is what I call them.

That is a sad situation because it is people such as this that are teaching the younger ones and leading them in the wrong way.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2007, 10:47:33 AM »

By the way, good to see you here this morning.  Missed you yesterday!  I see you were up late last night so I'm a bit surprised to see you here already this morning!

Sister,

I rarely ever miss a day, but it is many times the middle of the night. I'm one of those people who sleeps when they can. When I can't sleep, I work on the forum, and several moderators are the same way. It actually turns out to be pretty good because of problems that can happen during the night.

I was here yesterday, just at a different time than you were. In fact, I wondered where everyone was, but I guessed that they were sleeping.   Wink  We do have some folks from the other side of the world on during the middle of the night, but I have to remember that it's daytime for them. I'm sure that they many times wonder where everyone is.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 3:19-28 NASB
Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin. But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2007, 10:21:36 PM »

Unitarians embark on outreach

Association tries to raise national profile for first time with ad campaign

08:56 AM CDT on Saturday, November 3, 2007

From Wire Reports

Proud of their liberal views, spiritual skepticism and religious diversity – counting atheists, neopagans and Buddhists in their ranks – Unitarian Universalists are not known as heavy-duty evangelizers.

But with just 250,000 members and growth relatively stagnant at 1 percent a year, the Unitarian Universalist Association is trying to raise its national profile with an unorthodox ad campaign, the first in its 46-year history.

"We've kept our light under a bushel," said the Rev. Tracey Robinson-Harris, the association's director of congregational services. "I think this current national campaign really does reflect a shift for us in our passion and willingness to be more present."
Message, meaning

The ad campaign, in conjunction with Time magazine, hopes to amplify the church's voice on national issues, increase name recognition and inspire pride in the Unitarian Universalist identity.

It's not a reaction to the religious right, necessarily, but an effort to provide "messages that the world desperately needs right now," Ms. Robinson-Harris said. "We are speaking up on behalf of a more tolerant, more affirming approach to the diversity of religious perspective in the world."

Although rooted in Christianity, the only creed within Unitarian Universalism is that there is no creed. Instead, congregations adhere to seven principles, including "a free and responsible search for truth and meaning." They draw on texts from various religions, science and literature.

In recent years, several mainline denominations have introduced ad campaigns. In 2004, the United Church of Christ's "God is still speaking" television ads were booted from major networks as "too controversial." In 2001 the United Methodist Church launched its "Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Doors" campaign; an independent study indicated that people who saw the ads were 47 percent more likely to have a positive impression of Methodists than those who had not seen it.

In Houston, a recent Unitarian Universalist campaign helped turn a 7 percent membership decline into an 8 percent increase over the course of a year.
New frontier with 'Time'

The $425,000 national ad campaign will run through the end of the year, but Ms. Robinson-Harris wasn't sure if it would continue into 2008.

Traditional print ads will run in Time, carrying the message: "Is God keeping you from going to church?" A more unusual component, "advertorials," debuted last week in Time.com/ReligionPages, an online archive of Time religion stories.

The online archive will feature only stories that focus on three areas the association chose: religion and science; religion in American democracy; and religion, sexuality and morality. Readers can click on links to a Web page with essays written by Unitarian Universalist ministers about these topics.

That idea hasn't been without controversy.

The Rev. Scott Wells, a Unitarian Universalist minister who is starting a church in Washington, D.C., said the advertorials blur the line between editorial content and advertising.

"If I was an outside reader ... I'd wonder, why wasn't a story written about Unitarian Universalists if they're so important or relevant? And I don't think I've ever seen another religious body stoop to an advertorial," he said.

A Time spokeswoman said it's the first time a religious organization has advertised in an online archive of Time stories and said the magazine has designed online sections that have been purchased by other advertisers. She said Time would consider working with other religious groups if approached.

Unitarians embark on outreach

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2007, 10:22:39 PM »

Proud of their liberal views, spiritual skepticism and religious diversity – counting atheists, neopagans and Buddhists in their ranks – Unitarian Universalists are not known as heavy-duty evangelizers.

What does a church that believes in nothing have to offer?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2007, 11:01:00 PM »

"We've kept our light under a bushel," said the Rev. Tracey Robinson-Harris, the association's director of congregational services. "I think this current national campaign really does reflect a shift for us in our passion and willingness to be more present."
Message, meaning

The ad campaign, in conjunction with Time magazine, hopes to amplify the church's voice on national issues, increase name recognition and inspire pride in the Unitarian Universalist identity.

WHAT LIGHT?  This is total darkness! All this could possibly accomplish is hasten someone's descent to the fires of hell. With this kind of help - who needs help?

See some real help below:

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2007, 11:03:08 PM »

What does a church that believes in nothing have to offer?

I can't think of a single thing except they will take your money if you let them.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the